Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber: his best and his worst decision to date - in your opinion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Best: Keeping the DD option, getting rid of Azure.

Worst: Not addressing the match by match ticket prices, not doing enough to shift the unsold tickets (especially for unattractive evening games) and not addressing the after match travel issues.

I am expecting BIG things from him this summer. sponsorship for three out of the four stands, and one, possibly two major shirt sponsors.

Worst: Not addressing the match by match ticket prices, not doing enough to shift the unsold tickets (especially for unattractive evening games) and not addressing the after match travel issues.
Don't the recent proposals for next season address your first two points?
Barber became CEO in late May 2012, well after this season's arrangements had been announced and put in place (by Ken Brown/Derek Chapman) and were quite probably (certainly ticket prices) a Board decision anyway. The Board would have known about the supposed £8m loss for 2011/12 when Barber joined so I think they would have wanted some decent attendance and financial facts 'n data on which to base any changes, particularly with the stadium capacity being expanded progressively throughout this season. The impact of Azure's failure may not be insignificant (£18m was due to BHA over 5 years). The continued costs (to the club) of the on-street parking fines and CPZ surveys, consultations and implementations in Moulsecomb and Coldean are significant and have to be found from somewhere if the club is not going to breach the planning consents further.
Not sure what you think specifically is up with the travel arrangements. There is capacity on the trains (OK it's according to Southern's figures), Falmer station platform is being modified as part of the stadium expansion and the CPZ in Coldean should help the post match congestion in Coldean Lane. I personally think that Martin Perry should explain for the continued absence of a new P&R site that he promised (well, almost) the B&HCC Planning Committee would be in operation pre-season for the FBS concerts last summer and for the 2,000 away fans that will regularly travel to the Amex by coach that he's spouted on about since the first planning application. Disabled parking is a still a bit crap in some aspects although the mini-bus service from UoS CP/5 is good and people seem to regularly comment about the Amex P&R bus stop arrangements being poor. Tbh, I haven't experienced much about the Amex post match transport to gripe about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here