Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber: his best and his worst decision to date - in your opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't buy this. He has been judge and jury and executioner. Seems a shame.

So you actually believe the laughable reasons given for the changes to Gully's Girls ? And that it's all down to Paul Barber ? It's obvious there is a lot more to it, and I'd be very surprised if the real blame lies with Paul Barber.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you actually believe the laughable reasons given for the changes to Gully's Girls ? And that it's all down to Paul Barber? It's obvious there is a lot more to it, and I'd be very surprised if the real blame lies with Paul Barber.

I guess I read his programme notes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Worst decision was cancelling the Boxing Day game.

That was one of his best and most obvious moves. Perhaps now the FL will realise that we are reliant on public transport to get to the games at The Amex no transport no game simple. If all Boxing Day games are now away blame the train companies not BHAFC.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Has he actually done ANYTHING good yet other than come across quite a nice bloke in interviews and on Albion Roar?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you actually believe the laughable reasons given for the changes to Gully's Girls ? And that it's all down to Paul Barber ? It's obvious there is a lot more to it, and I'd be very surprised if the real blame lies with Paul Barber.

I have deleted this post as on 2nd thoughts I considered it inappropriate

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has he actually done ANYTHING good yet other than come across quite a nice bloke in interviews and on Albion Roar?

Introduce a new student block next year, and youth tickets for schools and sports clubs.

Get rid of Azure, in order to improve catering and get the albion a bigger slice of the ( pie ) sales.

I imagine that he'll be announcing a much higher profile main sponsor soon, and is working on bringing in new revenue generating partnership deals.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last edited:

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Still too many pigs feeding at the trough, costing fortunes. Hebbard's continued "Consultancy" work beggars belief.

Ticket price increases were reasonable but he has a long way to go to make club better run and putting prices up is not the only answer. Trim some fat.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Done.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Introduce a new student block next year, and youth tickets for schools and sports clubs.

Get rid of Azure, in order to improve catering and get the albion a bigger slice of the ( pie ) sales.

I imagine that he'll be announcing a much higher profile main sponsor soon, and is working on bringing in new revenue generating partnership deals.

I would have thought it wouldn't take much of a brain in the clubs marketing department to realise we're not selling out now as it is and the capacity is increased next year so block buying and discounted tickets should be encouraged...but yes, I suppose that's a good hting.

Re the others, guess we'll have to judge him on the next two sets of accounts.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The quote that I heard in the fans meeting was 'middle aged men leering and making inappropriate comments'

Which is great, except the Girls themselves haven't got a problem with it and asked to carry on dancing - not sure why you're so desperate back Barber up on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here