[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It would indeed be disastrous. Palace managed promotion on such a number of ST holders. Brighton have posted successive £9m losses, lost their manager, key players, and still find themselves in the same division despite crowds being at capacity. Therefore, I agree you'd better retain the interest of all the 75 minuters you can.

You still think your going to steel Bridders of us you tw*t? You give it all the biggun on BBS but come across as an absolute pr*ck who thinks his better than anyone else.

We've clearly just thrown a couple of extra million at this transfer just to piss off Brighton fans even more when we pick up Bridcutt for 1.5-2m.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I didn't even know about them to be honest. I would have if I did. I certainly did for those who lost their jobs in our first administration, and went to the benefit concert organised for them too. It seems they were made redundant right as the club looked to be going under, so I am ashamed to say I wasn't paying enough attention to them. I notice only four were involved in that case. I do hope it's because the others were taken back on, but I don't recognise the names of even those four. As I do for the Brighton employees, I feel terrible for anyone who loses a job. It's a really shitty thing to go through.

The 4 as I understand were all managers as I understand and would have known the employment law. I think the others were all just office staff and were probably not advised and could have been out of time when the four won their case.

You still think your going to steel Bridders of us you tw*t? You give it all the biggun on BBS but come across as an absolute pr*ck who thinks his better than anyone else.

He gets all his info from ESPN America.:D

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Your administration came about, in part, because you hired players who were better than you could afford to pay. If you had hired players within your budget, your team would be weaker and chances are one of those near misses wouldn't have been misses, and you'd have been relegated at least once. That is why brighton fans argue that you (and Portsmouth etc.) have the success you have because of administration, not despite it.

Firstly, which players? Just as with your claims of businesses going bust, you aren't making a comment based on fact. You're making a comment based on what you would like to be true, because it's a convenient stick to beat Palace with. You've no idea if we hired any players who were better than we could afford to pay. You're just guessing.

At the time we got into financial difficulty, we were a well run club. We had players, as any club does, on contract. I would assume you would agree that there was nothing wrong with being a club, run within budget. The ITV digital collapse suddenly meant we were not in budget. We had players on contracts too expensive, with little motivation to move on to other clubs who no longer were offering such contracts. Jordan started to cut the cloth immediately. What he did not do, which you seem to think he should have, was to place every player on the transfer list, renege on contracts, and declare only pub players playing for free could play. He was trying to manage a financial situation that was suddenly dire, and in a sensible manner to get the club back on a proper footing. That was the right thing to do, to try and ensure creditors got their money back. As it happened, the company that owned the ground put their rates up, and despite Jordan cutting the club to the bone, and us playing a load of kids, he got put into administration by an aggressive creditor. The main loser was Jordan himself, who was owed the vast majority of the money. There was no benefit to Crystal Palace. We lost great players for next to nothing and avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Come on Headband, It's Sports directs sports news page FFS :D

I know and don't shoot the messenger, but we-8-brighton said we would probably never know the fee and I just let him see the latest exclusive.
But with the Daggers getting £1mill for their 20% sell on that makes me think the price must be £5-6 mill.

Banned
May 19, 2013
The 4 as I understand were all managers as I understand and would have known the employment law. I think the others were all just office staff and were probably not advised and could have been out of time when the four won their case.

I couldn't say, as I don't know any of the details, but I would say that's a good argument for strong unions. If they had a rep he'd have let them know the employment law.

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
Looks like they are signing Cant Control as well!

Carlton Cole arrives at Crystal Palace for talks

FORMER Chelsea and West Ham United striker Carlton Cole is understood to be at Selhurst Park thrashing out a deal with Crystal Palace, Advertiser Sport understands.

The 29-year-old was released by the Hammers at the end of last season and has been looking to stay in the Premier League.

“Carlton Cole has just been spotted in the stadium corridor at Selhurst Park, with Gary O’Neil waiting in the car park,” a strong source told the Croydon Advertiser sports desk on Thursday lunchtime.

“Even though O’Neil has re-signed for West Ham, it looks like he’s driven Cole to Selhurst this afternoon.”

Cole scored 59 times in 237 games for West Ham since 2006.

And before his time at Upton Park, he enjoyed loan spells from Chelsea at Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

If the frontman can agree terms over a potential deal, it will be Ian Holloway’s third signing this summer following the arrivals of Dwight Gayle and Stephen Dobbie.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I know and don't shoot the messenger, but we-8-brighton said we would probably never know the fee and I just let him see the latest exclusive.
But with the Daggers getting £1mill for their 20% sell on that makes me think the price must be £5-6 mill.

Indeed MacAnthony posh chairman just said live on talksport "anyone who thinks we sold Gayle for £4.5m is having a laugh"

Indeed MacAnthony posh chairman just said live on talksport "anyone who thinks we sold Gayle for £4.5m is having a laugh"

I should think everyone at Posh is having a laugh - be it £4.5m or £6-8M. They must have seen Palace coming :D

This is why Palace fans getting excited about having £140m is funny - they haven't worked out that the price for everything quadruples when you get in the Prem. It's still nice to have that amount - but in reality it's really only worth about £35m if you spend it solely on players and wages.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Well he has no reason to lie then because the more he states he sold him for the more D&R will want their 20% for.
So this boy better perform at this money, but what I watched in April there is no chance he is going to be Prem class next season.

Peterborough have just Zaha'd palace :lol:

Banned
May 19, 2013
The Bridcutt thing really hurts Palace fans, because you had him for nothing and let him go.

I must say it doesn't hurt at all, even though he's turned into a good player. Didn't you have Ian Wright on trial? Did that hurt? Hard to miss what you never really had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports