Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

It is the former. I'm trying to have an honest discussion. Naturally will fight my corner as a Palace fan, but am being upfront and happy to field any points.

What is the point that I am missing?

The point that it wasn't his companies fault he was goonered, it was another one who are today still happily going about their business.

Anyway, you weren't the first and won't be the last. My major gripe with it is it doesn't seem to bother any of you.

Last edited:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Hello rylans/tarquins how are we today, still ******* furiously over the fact that we have spent some money on gayle (I say some money as we will never know the final figure)

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
The point that it wasn't his companies fault he was goonered, it was another one who are today still happily going about there business.

Anyway, you weren't the first and won't be the last. My major gripe with it is it doesn't seem to bother any of you.

Administration does bother me. More than you I suspect. Brighton fans, in the main, don't really seem to give a toss about administration. They don't really complain about the other clubs (can't remember the number, but think it's around 50) who have been in administration. They still shop at high street shops that have been in administration. It is, for the most part, a tired act behind which lies the most tedious hypocrisy. Palace fans do this kind of pointless baiting too of course, with Brighton over the fact that you "didn't care enough" to stop your ground being taken out from underneath you. That is clearly nonsense, just as the notion that we somehow used administration as a tactic, or that we somehow "cheated". Jordan was a fool, but he was running the club fine till he got screwed from two angles at once (the collapse of ITV digital, and the company that owned the ground raising the rent). Now that's business of course, but running an overdraft and paying bills on the last day of the month is hardly unusual in business. At the point we got into financial difficulty, Jordan cut the cloth. Down to the bone. He was trying (hoping really) to get the club back on a financial sure footing, yet Brighton fans seem to think that he should have done something different? Yet whenever I ask what should have been done differently there is no answer.

My suspicion is that Brighton fans don't care about the creditors. They would have been happy if we had gone bust and didn't even receive a penny. That's the hypocrisy I find nauseating. Pretending to care about those who lost out, while at the same time being gutted that we didn't go bust and that they were screwed even more.

As for redundancy/sacking - is it some way more admirable that it IS Brighton's fault that those people are losing their jobs? Does that give them more comfort?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Are you not more concerned about how successive £9m a year loss posting, job cutting, Championship club Brighton are going to pay signing on fees, wages or transfer fees for anyone? Perhaps the Bridcutt money will come in handy.

I am not concerned at all thank you very much and very confident that Bloom and Barber will soon have it all under control. But thanks for asking. Now can you get back to your glory hole that you so love.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Administration does bother me. More than you I suspect. Brighton fans, in the main, don't really seem to give a toss about administration. They don't really complain about the other clubs (can't remember the number, but think it's around 50) who have been in administration. They still shop at high street shops that have been in administration. It is, for the most part, a tired act behind which lies the most tedious hypocrisy. Palace fans do this kind of pointless baiting too of course, with Brighton over the fact that you "didn't care enough" to stop your ground being taken out from underneath you. That is clearly nonsense, just as the notion that we somehow used administration as a tactic, or that we somehow "cheated". Jordan was a fool, but he was running the club fine till he got screwed from two angles at once (the collapse of ITV digital, and the company that owned the ground raising the rent). Now that's business of course, but running an overdraft and paying bills on the last day of the month is hardly unusual in business. At the point we got into financial difficulty, Jordan cut the cloth. Down to the bone. He was trying (hoping really) to get the club back on a financial sure footing, yet Brighton fans seem to think that he should have done something different? Yet whenever I ask what should have been done differently there is no answer.

My suspicion is that Brighton fans don't care about the creditors. They would have been happy if we had gone bust and didn't even receive a penny. That's the hypocrisy I find nauseating. Pretending to care about those who lost out, while at the same time being gutted that we didn't go bust and that they were screwed even more.

As for redundancy/sacking - is it some way more admirable that it IS Brighton's fault that those people are losing their jobs? Does that give them more comfort?

** Takes nail, hits it on head **

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Hello rylans/tarquins how are we today, still ******* furiously over the fact that we have spent some money on gayle (I say some money as we will never know the final figure)

Not at all. I for one am very happy with your current spending and I can't wait to see just how much you also plan to spend on the slum, now that will be interesting.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Carlton Cole apparently at selhurst at the mo, wonder how long it's going to take you rylans to start a thread on that. Ok I won't tarnish all you tarquins but I bet the major is at the ready, I see the sad prat already started yet another thread about us.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Carlton Cole apparently at selhurst at the mo, wonder how long it's going to take you rylans to start a thread on that. Ok I won't tarnish all you tarquins but I bet the major is at the ready, I see the sad prat already started yet another thread about us.

Now there's a man who would be looking for a good signing on fee and wages. 40k a week at Hammers I think.

What is a Rylan?

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Now there's a man who would be looking for a good signing on fee and wages. 40k a week at Hammers I think.

Well he's been released and been round the premiership blocks a few times, It all comes down to what a player is willing to accept long gone are the days a player was just happy to be earning a wage and putting his boots on for a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here