Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think you completely misunderstand the concept. You should have sold all your better players to avoid going into administration - you didn't and you avoided relegation at the cost of others.

It's not hard to understand.:ffsparr:

It is for some. THey went into administration TWICE, never suffered, should have been made to sell their players to pay off their debts.......TWICE.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
99% Correct Major

Crystal Palace
01 Speroni
03 Hill
05 McCarthy
17 Lawrence
20 Butterfield
22 Ertl
04 Derry
07 Ambrose
14 Scannell
18 Andrew
19 Lee
It was a strong team that kept them up and one until the ten point deduction was chasing a play off spot,
But on top of losing Moses they had also sold Fonte.
It was the Fonte transfer that forced Agilo to mistrust Jordan who had secured the loan from them against the players contracts.( The league looked very closely at this as a possible breach of third party ownership ) When he sold Fonte and failed to give any money to Agilo they got spooked and when the HRMC put in a winding up order, Agilo played safe and forced the club into Admin.
But as you say they kept their promotion chasing squad less those two together to avoid relegation.
On top of that eleven they also had Clynne on the bench.

We had Alan Lee and Calvin Andrew up front and you think it was a strong team? It was a team put together by Jordan selling our best players and replacing them with other peoples cast offs. McCarthy was given in part exchange for Hudson. Ambrose picked up on a free (with everyone saying he was washed up). Scannell was a youth team, and Lawrence came from league 1 Millwall (and had been transfer listed before administration).

The only player of any real class was the long serving Speroni. Yet we managed to stay up.

We could have sold that whole team, and it wouldn't have paid the debts. Doing such a thing would have guaranteed relegation and liaidation eith creditors losing out, which is why the administrator also didn't flog everyone. Because the correct thing to do was to try and keep the team up and to have a chance of paying back the debts.

The problem you have is that you don't really give a shit about the debts. You just have a chip on your shoulder about us, and wish we had gone down. Well we didn't. So tough.

Jordan was a fool who through a combination of factors got himself and our club into a financial mess, but I don't blame him for acting as best he could to try and get out of it, and to claim he did it for some kind of advantage is just bonkers.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
We had Alan Lee and Calvin Andrew up front and you think it was a strong team? It was a team put together by Jordan selling our best players and replacing them with other peoples cast offs. McCarthy was given in part exchange for Hudson. Ambrose picked up on a free (with everyone saying he was washed up). Scannell was a youth team, and Lawrence came from league 1 Millwall (and had been transfer listed before administration).

The only player of any real class was the long serving Speroni. Yet we managed to stay up.

We could have sold that whole team, and it wouldn't have paid the debts. Doing such a thing would have guaranteed relegation and liaidation eith creditors losing out, which is why the administrator also didn't flog everyone. Because the correct thing to do was to try and keep the team up and to have a chance of paying back the debts.

The problem you have is that you don't really give a shit about the debts. You just have a chip on your shoulder about us, and wish we had gone down. Well we didn't. So tough.

Jordan was a fool who through a combination of factors got himself and our club into a financial mess, but I don't blame him for acting as best he could to try and get out of it, and to claim he did it for some kind of advantage is just bonkers.
This is all absolutely tremendously interesting stuff. Do I take it that with your churchy handle that you are a member of the clergy? That would explain why you don't appear to ever do any work during the week.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I give up. When you are looking for chips on shoulders just turn your head right or left you might just see one.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Quote: " Because the correct thing to do was to try and keep the team up and to have a chance of paying back the debts."
Well you achieved that so, since then and now with a decent windfall, have you and are you going to pay back your debts........thought not.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think you completely misunderstand the concept. You should have sold all your better players to avoid going into administration - you didn't and you avoided relegation at the cost of others.

It's not hard to understand.:ffsparr:

This happened to Grimsby Town after the collapse of ITV Digital , who succeeded ON digital after it went tits up. In the second tier with players signed on big money deals because of the promised TV money these players were moved on in an effort to stave off administration. The club cut its cloth accordingly and brought in players that met the much reduced budget. They had to renegotiate with HMRC on paying back outstanding unpaid taxes which they did over a number of years. By sticking to the rules , keeping their heads just above the water and not cheating they are now in the Conference.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
This happened to Grimsby Town after the collapse of ITV Digital , who succeeded ON digital after it went tits up. In the second tier with players signed on big money deals because of the promised TV money these players were moved on in an effort to stave off administration. The club cut its cloth accordingly and brought in players that met the much reduced budget. They had to renegotiate with HMRC on paying back outstanding unpaid taxes which they did over a number of years. By sticking to the rules , keeping their heads just above the water and not cheating they are now in the Conference.

Yawn. How about picking another lower league team at exactly the same time - BHAFC. Had they cut their cloth accordingly, they would have dropped out of the league altogether. Instead, they were bankrolled by the Bloom family for decades and artificially lifted through the leagues and gifted a state of the art, yet crappy stadium. And had the same happened to the Bloom's investments as happened to Jordan, the picture at BHAFC would have been exactly the same (and still might some day).

Banned
May 19, 2013
Quote: " Because the correct thing to do was to try and keep the team up and to have a chance of paying back the debts."
Well you achieved that so, since then and now with a decent windfall, have you and are you going to pay back your debts........thought not.

There aren't any debts since the CVA, and making select payments to individual creditors after a CVA is illegal. Quite aside from breaking the law, I've no doubt Jordan would use it as the basis to sue CPFC2010 - which would be ironic, since Martin Long is one of the creditors he owed money to.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Soulman, I don't often agree with what the Major says, but this quote "As like most Palace posters on here you are a pedlar of myths, half truths and lies."
I have to go along with.
As you rightly say the comment. " we kept our team so that we can get the money to pay our debts" but once we stayed in the division it is illegal to pay them!! How convenient

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Soulman, I don't often agree with what the Major says, but this quote "As like most Palace posters on here you are a pedlar of myths, half truths and lies."
I have to go along with.
As you rightly say the comment. " we kept our team so that we can get the money to pay our debts" but once we stayed in the division it is illegal to pay them!! How convenient

Yep, you'd think that instead of infesting this thread, the palace who are defending such actions would at least preserve a little pride and slink off into the undergrowth. But some have no honour....

Banned
May 19, 2013
I have to go along with.

That is what Jordan was trying to do (though again, I'd say it wasn't from any moral imperative but rather because he was the largest creditor) - once a CVA was agreed and the club was sold it becomes illegal to go back and pay individual former creditors. That's not a myth, a half truth or a lie it's just a fact. I'm happy to have an honest discussion, but as I sad earlier most Brighton fans don't care about the reality of administration any more than they actually care about those hurt by it. It's just a convenient stick with which to try and attack Palace, so they'd rather not have an honest discussion about administration. Far easier to come up with nonsense about us sending businesses bust, orchestrating the administration for our own advantage, buying players willy-nilly, and so on.

We've fans who prefer to argue from ignorance too (on your losing your ground) but I find it all a bit tedious.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm happy to have an honest discussion, but as I sad earlier most Brighton fans don't care about the reality of administration any more than they actually care about those hurt by it.

We've fans who prefer to argue from ignorance too (on your losing your ground) but I find it all a bit tedious.

I fail to see why you keep hanging about. Your views are not welcome here. And it's soooo tedious as well.

Banned
May 19, 2013
I've seen it commented on the BBS that, in your own dark days, you agreed with businesses to pay a percentage of what you owed them rather than the whole amount. Is that true?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There aren't any debts since the CVA, and making select payments to individual creditors after a CVA is illegal. Quite aside from breaking the law, I've no doubt Jordan would use it as the basis to sue CPFC2010 - which would be ironic, since Martin Long is one of the creditors he owed money to.

Please stop peddling your tedious half truths.

It is illegal to pay some creditors, while not paying others. It is not illegal to pay them all.

60 million for this season would cover them all comfortably, wouldn't it ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've seen it commented on the BBS that, in your own dark days, you agreed with businesses to pay a percentage of what you owed them rather than the whole amount. Is that true?

Where is your evidence for this apart from a very small amount of hearsay ? :lolol:

These are the sort of speculative allegations which we are not allowed to make without verifiable proof.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Please stop peddling your tedious half truths.

It is illegal to pay some creditors, while not paying others. It is not illegal to pay them all.

60 million for this season would cover them all comfortably, wouldn't it ?

CVA is kegally binding, but the largest creditor (by far) was Simon Jordan. You're suggesting that someone Jordan owed money to should pay Jordan, pay all of Jordan's debts, and at the same time pay off Jordan's own debt to himself?

Once again, you dont care about right or wrong or the details of what happened. You're just looking for a tedious fantasy which you can use to attack Palace in an attempt to make yourselves feel better.

Incidentally, your own debt now is over four times what ours was when we went into administration.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Where is your evidence for this apart from a very small amount of hearsay ? :lolol:

These are the sort of speculative allegations which we are not allowed to make without verifiable proof.

I have no evidence. I'd never heard of it before that's why I was asking if it was true. Is it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have no evidence. I'd never heard of it before that's why I was asking if it was true. Is it?

The Albion have never been in administration, although have come close to bankruptcy at times. I believe there were private deals done with individual creditors back in the day, but they are exactly that - private deals between two companies, of the type that happen all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here