Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans turning on.Murray

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Absolutely spot on.Grow up you bunch.I for one wish Glen success at whatever club he plays for!

And those who disagree with you are equally allowed to put their point of view across, so perhaps the 'grow up' analogy could work both ways?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Nina :love:

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
saw his debut at pboro and have never seen a centre forward win as many headers in one game . to me he looks quality and if you any more 4th 5th choice like that send them up

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Steve Parish, in the FYP podcast, when asked why Glenn Murray chose Palace:

He likes Dougie and what he has to say. He seemed to like Palace and have an affinity to the club. He obviously can remember when we were in the premier league. :thumbsup:

Yes, like he was going to say, 'they offered me the most money' you idiot. He likes Palace as long as they can pay him (although history shows that there's no guarantee of that).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, like he was going to say, 'they offered me the most money' you idiot. He likes Palace as long as they can pay him (although history shows that there's no guarantee of that).

History also shows that the Albion have failed to pay players too, and more recently than most on here would realise.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I have said before, Murray is good when playing for a good side, however Palace are not a good side and they'll be even worse when Ambrose leaves.

But his goals to games ratio was very consistent throughout his time with us, even when we were not a good side. The same is true for when he played for Rochdale, so your assertion does not seem consistent with his goalscoring.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I think for time he steps on that pitch until the time he steps off , there will be a barrage of hostility directly towards him.
So a good 10 minutes then .

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
So, are people going to clap for him or boo him? if he plays against us.

boo him but just for fun! really thankful he was with us and enjoyed watching him play...but now he's no longer with us, I'll boo

LondonRoad

Aug 21, 2011
Was rubbish against Posh, seemed more concerned in fouling our Defenders than winning the ball. Practically invisible. Mind you the Palace team was invisible apart from Scannell.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Aaah, tho old bad attitude/ only played for a contract myth.
Murray would, without doubt enhance our team & options, had he stayed.

And as much as I love Adam El Abd, I doubt he's going to sort him out. The only time I've ever seen him sort out an opposing striker, is by rolling about on the floor, pretending he's been poleaxed.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Aaah, tho old bad attitude/ only played for a contract myth.
Murray would, without doubt enhance our team & options, had he stayed.

And as much as I love Adam El Abd, I doubt he's going to sort him out. The only time I've ever seen him sort out an opposing striker, is by rolling about on the floor, pretending he's been poleaxed.

Yeah, for a big muscular bloke El-Abd is no Basil Boli

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
it's probably the realisation that they are paying over the odds for a league 1 player, the 1 player that all there hopes rest on,iit makes me laugh that they are giving it all the he chose Brighton over us, but seriously if they were honest and compared CMS and Murray there is no contest, I can't wait until the end of the season when CMS, Barnes and maybe Hoskins (depending on starts) have scored more goals than Murray, Palace have pinned all there hopes on one player, we've got so many exciting players.

They only took him for two reasons ,
1/to deprive us of our top goal scorer
2/because he was free
They are now realising they f***ed up, it will take him 2 seasons to fit in to there squad, by which time they will have been relegated twice.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Spoke to a Carlise fan last night. Reckons Gus is a genius. Not because of his tactics but because he got the best out of Glenn Murray despite Glenn Murray himself! Reckons last season was the best Glenn will have and will now subside into petulance and self pity. He reckons he'll drop back down the leagues (hopefully with Palace) and people will talk about how good he might have been. This guy has seen a lot of him and is convinced he'll self destruct now he isn't under GP. Might be right - he's a fragile guy.

Sent using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here