Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans turning on.Murray

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
If his attitude were okay :)rolleyes:) I'd take him back like a shot.

Of course CMS is a better player, but the two together would be superb.

I agree with that hkfc, he would provide the height we need and his hold up play was very good and his defensive play was great too. People may hate him as he is now a Nigel, but without him, I don't think we'd be where we are now. But will his attitude be his downfall at palace? yes I think it will in the end.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure this thread will make North Stand Chat in the next day or so and there fans will try and make out that we've turned on him already, there so desperate for him to fail deep down!

Well he gt tht right...waste of time bothering with there chat

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
"I can't wait until the end of the season when CMS, Barnes and maybe Hoskins (depending on starts) have scored more goals than Murray, Palace have pinned all there hopes on one player, we've got so many exciting players".................. Noone, Lua Lua, Buckley, this is now a side you can really believe is going places, especially having survived the brutal tactics of Sunderland the other night, CMS must be covered in bruises.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Some of these comments are pathetic.

No Glenn Murray, no promotion. He was immense last season, anyone who thinks different is living in la-la land.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Do people remember that before Gus came,Murrays scoring record was not that good...14 I think was the most he scored in a season. It was only Gus that motivated him,taught him how to play Gus way....Don't know if Freedman can do the same,but it will be interesting to keep an eye on his progress. Murray back...Nah! ..Zammy back...yes!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If his attitude had been OK, it's possible he'd still be here because the club might well have paid his wage demands.

It was the length of contract that was the issue, as well as his ex-wife taking him to the cleaners. He needed the security of a 3 year deal and Gus was not prepared to offer more than 2.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Steve Parish, in the FYP podcast, when asked why Glenn Murray chose Palace:

He likes Dougie and what he has to say. He seemed to like Palace and have an affinity to the club. He obviously can remember when we were in the premier league. :thumbsup:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

He likes Dougie and what he has to say. He seemed to like Palace and have an affinity to the club. He obviously can remember when we were in the premier league. :thumbsup:

You believe the bollox players say in podcasts? Bless.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Some of these comments are pathetic.

No Glenn Murray, no promotion. He was immense last season, anyone who thinks different is living in la-la land.

That was then, this is now.

Most of us acknowledge his contribution last season-thanks Glenda, however, he went over to the dark side and because of that he is fair game for all the bad wishes he is getting. I don't wish him any serious injuries but I hope his career in Croydon is a disaster.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Seemed to like them ... WOW what an accolade

Good to see him signing for a side because they used to be in the Premier... Hope for Palace neither Bradford or Swindon come knocking

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do people remember that before Gus came,Murrays scoring record was not that good...14 I think was the most he scored in a season. It was only Gus that motivated him,taught him how to play Gus way....Don't know if Freedman can do the same,but it will be interesting to keep an eye on his progress. Murray back...Nah! ..Zammy back...yes!

You are wrong, his goals to games record was

Wilkins 0.38
Adams 0.42
Slade 0.27
Poyet 0.41

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
he is fair game for all the bad wishes he is getting. I don't wish him any serious injuries but I hope his career in Croydon is a disaster.

That's fair enough, we should all want Palace to have a crap season, they are our rivals after all.

However, people wishing career finishing injuries on him are pathetic morons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is still a quality player though. Admittedly Poyet seemed to bring the best out of him last season, but he certainly has bags of skill and wouldn't look out of place in most championship sides. I for one won't forget the huge contribution he made last season, both in attack and defending.

He'll either bounce back from this injury and be a decent striker for palace, just not sure their style of play will suit him that much. I still think he'd have a lot to give in our current side as he can simply make a goal out of nothing if he's in that frame of mind. Which is the crucial thing with Glenn, will Freedman be able to do what poyet did and keep him in that frame of mind.

Youve got it exactly, 'if Glenn is in the right frame of mind', too often he wasn't, but if he had the ambition to hit the heights, to get to the top, then l've no doubt Glenn Murray could still achieve it. But does he want to?.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It was the length of contract that was the issue, as well as his ex-wife taking him to the cleaners. He needed the security of a 3 year deal and Gus was not prepared to offer more than 2.

Of course a 3 year deal is better for him than a 2 year deal. A 2 year deal would have meant he would have had to put more effort into his play to obtain another contract. With the 3 year deal, he can 'play' on his injuries etc etc for at a least a year. And before you start...he does have history.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of course a 3 year deal is better for him than a 2 year deal. A 2 year deal would have meant he would have had to put more effort into his play to obtain another contract. With the 3 year deal, he can 'play' on his injuries etc etc for at a least a year. And before you start...he does have history.

What 'history' is that?

He was playing with a hernia that was not diagnosed by the club. He never 'played' on the injury, the club's medical team screwed up.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What 'history' is that?

He was playing with a hernia that was not diagnosed by the club. He never 'played' on the injury, the club's medical team screwed up.

And there's me thinking some painkiller solved all his problems...! Or was that just another 'money making exercise'...?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
"Just to the left behind the goal there was a bloke telling him to "f*ck off back to Brighton" on his debut."

Erm, no thanks. I'd completely forgotten about that lazy, money grabbing twat. I know we lack a bit of height upfront but is anyone even close to missing Glenn Murray?

I don't hold quite your level of vitriol for him, but no I don't miss him at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here