Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I genuinely tried to have a sensible conversation on here but as usual some just arent able to

You really have not. You've been trying to change the subject whenever Zaha or your 15 penalties last season gets mentioned and you've refused to acknowledge that Zaha cheated.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
as ive already said it goes on in every club inc yours and needs to stop- many complained about Zaha diving but werent bold enough to call for changes-could it be that they had their own divers-perhaps thats why bloom hasnt said anything

Tbh I think you'll find that bloom's class sets him apart from making sweeping statements in the press, threatening legal action towards a fan or waving his cock about on here.

You must try harder, the thread is about your chairman showing his (lack of) class once again.

How's the redevelopment of selhurst going? Any artists impressions, drawings or planning applications to look at yet?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
and there was me thinking it was debating the punishment and not anti palace-being as its not a debate you forgot to add Barnes Buckley Orlandi to 'Spanish' whoever he is

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379345238.607369.jpg

Chosen to forget st paddys day :lol:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I don't care that it happened to be Steve Parish who said it - the bottom line is that diving is cheating, whether it be a Brighton player or a player from any other team - I pay good money to watch a match and I don't want to come away feeling cheated because we either lost or won a game by unfair means.

The more managers and chairmen that come out and condemn the practice the better and stern action by refs, including red cards against offenders, gets my full support.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Any improvement on one?
No?
Just the one then?
One?
One booking for simulation?

Well that kind of completely destroys the last 4 pages of your drivel doesn't it.

1 that took all of 30 seconds to look for. Go find a single Bha booking for simulation last season then maybe you'll have half a leg to stand on. 4 pages of drivel :lol: 3 pages are you and your spotty mates refusing to accept that your chairman is a hypocrite, which he clearly is.

Which part of the above is too much for you to accept?

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
And another one spectacularly misses the point of the thread :lolol:

Not at all - the point of the thread was for you guys to point out hypocrisy from the Palace chairman condemning diving when Palace won most/all/some of their penalties from diving. (delete as applicable based upon the level of vitriol from the poster). I have asked how many times a Palace player was picked up for diving and it would seem that it is once according to you guys.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
1 that took all of 30 seconds to look for. Go find a single Bha booking for simulation last season then maybe you'll have half a leg to stand on. 4 pages of drivel :lol: 3 pages are you and your spotty mates refusing to accept that your chairman is a hypocrite, which he clearly is.

Which part of the above is too much for you to accept?

Why do I need to look for BHA players that have been booked for diving? I'm not suggested they have been or that they won a load of pens by diving. I was just asking you guys to substantiate your claim that we won 15 pens by foul means. One card for simulation would suggest that it isn't as prolific as you are keen to suggest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not at all - the point of the thread was for you guys to point out hypocrisy from the Palace chairman condemning diving when Palace won most/all/some of their penalties from diving. (delete as applicable based upon the level of vitriol from the poster). I have asked how many times a Palace player was picked up for diving and it would seem that it is once according to you guys.

Being picked up for it is not the point though, are you seriously suggesting that Murray and Zaha didn't dive last season or that it only becomes a dive when they are booked for it? I can clearly remember Murray being very adept at gaining penalties when he was here. I don't condone any player doing it but I've yet to see a Palace poster on this thread hold his hand up and say " yeah we did win some penalties for diving"

If they had, you may expect some reasonable discussion but when you all evade the point and come across holier than thou now you're on the receiving end, we are gonna laugh at you :shrug:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why do I need to look for BHA players that have been booked for diving? I'm not suggested they have been or that they won a load of pens by diving. I was just asking you guys to substantiate your claim that we won 15 pens by foul means. One card for simulation would suggest that it isn't as prolific as you are keen to suggest.

If you 'won' (actually you're awarded a penalty) a penalty, it follows the referee didn't think there was simulation. It doesn't follow that there wasn't, though.

So using the 'one card for simulation' isn't much of a defence.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Being picked up for it is not the point though, are you seriously suggesting that Murray and Zaha didn't dive last season or that it only matters when they are booked for it?

To get into a discussion over this would only end in two opinions battling it out. The fact is that only once were any of Palace's players booked for it. Some players go down easily, some go down without contact at all, some create contact. For me Zaha and Murray fall into that first category, much like a couple of your players. That is merely playing the laws of the game with little regard of sportsmanship, it isn't cheating. I'd suggest the penalty on Saturday was a foul by the letter of the law - Young probably played for it but there was contact - it was outside the box though. The first where he was booked was a case of creating contact for me. This is all separate to Parish's comments (that he was actually asked for). It's a fine line between cheating and I guess gamesmanship but neither are good parts of the game we love to hate each other over.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's funny. They defend Prince Charming's public pronouncements to the hilt, blind to his hypocracy :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh come now Presidente - it was certainly intimated that there were a number that were for diving. ;)

A number, yes, 15 no. Your inability to fully understand your native language however has shot you in the foot. As your comment was.....

I was just asking you guys to substantiate your claim that we won 15 pens by foul means.

Again I go to the title of the thread

Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

The issue is not whether the current punishment for cheats is adequate (there is consensus on that from fans of all clubs, except perhaps Liverpool), but whether Mr Parish's comments were inappropriate given that both Glenn (and we know how good he is at this remember, he did it for us on occasion) and Wilf went to ground too easily, too often.

We're all hypocrites to a degree (Michael Owen v Argentina in the 2002 World Cup for example), but there has to be an element of Caesar's Wife for a club chairman to be spouting on about the issue.

Moyes to his credit (and Taggart too last season), have criticised Young for diving, Parish has never to my knowledge acknowledged any dives from the Tom Daley duo that I referred to earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports