Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Top 4 last season with biggest gates of the division and recovering well from the dramas of last season, yes I do believe we are. Anyway this thread is about YOUR problems not ours.

Same old Brighton, thinking that large attendances equates to points on the field of play :rolleyes:

8 points from 6 games suggests you're not recovering that well. You're already 8 points of the automatic places and a loss to QPR on Wednesday will see you average relegation form points wise.

Not sure what our problems are? All I see is a competive team that has not rolled over in any game, playing in the best league in the world (a league you can only dream of) cheered on by fantastic support from the stands and a general feel good around the club.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Top 4 last season with biggest gates of the division and recovering well from the dramas of last season, yes I do believe we are. Anyway this thread is about YOUR problems not ours.

Problems, yeah - being on the end of a dubious decision in front of 75,000 people at OT. Where did it all go wrong?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Same old Brighton, thinking that large attendances equates to points on the field of play :rolleyes:

8 points from 6 games suggests you're not recovering that well. You're already 8 points of the automatic places and a loss to QPR on Wednesday will see you average relegation form points wise.

Not sure what our problems are? All I see is a competive team that has not rolled over in any game, fantastic support from the stands and a general feel good around the club.

Same old palace
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379334999.650262.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What I've seen of palace I would not call them competitive. I see a team that has lucked out playing top teams before they've got into a grove so they don't make their complete dominance show in the score line. I don't recall any impressive defensive work to keep Spurs and Utd out, just those two teams not taking their chances or getting much accuracy with their passes. The only team you've looked remotely good against was Sunderland when they went down to 10 men.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

No, but getting more points than you means something, regardless of what happened afterwards.

Enjoy the gap for now. See you next season.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Tbf, Palace were much better than Sunderland when it was 11 v 11. Fletcher made the difference when he came on but they then lost O'Shea and that was that. On Parish however, he knows they are the small fish in the big pond and less likely to benefit from dubious decisions. Their "best" players at "winning" decisions have either left or are injured as well. No coincidence that he had nothing like this to say on the subject previously.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not sure what our problems are

Palace fan on a Brighton board with over 1100 posts. Claims that he is safe in the knowledge that his team are so much better than Brighton yet he feels the need to come to his team's defence whenever they are criticised...on the rival's forum. Can you see the dichotomy here?

Sad little muppet. There seems to be a whole classroom of full kit w*nkers all checking at regular intervals and ready to save the internet from nasty Brighton fans saying nasty things about Palace.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace fan on a Brighton board with over 1100 posts. Claims that he is safe in the knowledge that his team are so much better than Brighton yet he feels the need to come to his team's defence whenever they are criticised...on the rival's forum. Can you see the dichotomy here?

Sad little muppet. There seems to be a whole classroom of full kit w*nkers all checking at regular intervals and ready to save the internet from nasty Brighton fans saying nasty things about Palace.

They could simply not come on here to read the nasty things said about them.

Too simple a solution for the dimwits I guess.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
And you lot are not? Laughable!

What is laughable about working within ffp and having one of the best stadiums in the country with one of the best training facilities being built as we speak?
Laughable is spunking £20m on transfers for players that nobody else wants, a manager fined and banned from the touchline after the first game of the season, and finally a chairman bitching about diving when in his own team he had 2 of the worst offenders last season.

Bless

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not sure what our problems are? All I see is a competive team that has not rolled over in any game, playing in the best league in the world (a league you can only dream of) cheered on by fantastic support from the stands and a general feel good around the club.

I don't usually get involved in these willy waving contests, and as far as I am concerned you deserve your season in the Premier League but to take issue:

1: I was at OT on Saturday, true you did not roll over, but one shot on target and your first corner in the 92nd minute showed a total lack of ambition other to keep the score down.
2: Best league in the world? Don't fall for the Murdoch hype.
3: Support was good on Saturday, and impressive variety of songs, but then all away fans at OT make some noise to be fair, and most in their first season for a while in the Premier League sell out their allocation too.
4: General feel good around the club? Don't say that to Owen Garvan :flounce:

I was surprised that Wilf did not get 30 minutes on Saturday. The fact that Moyes preferred Januzaj instead must have raised a few eyebrows. My snouts at OT tell me that Wilf has impressed in training, but there are question marks over his maturity.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They could simply not come on here to read the nasty things said about them.

Too simple a solution for the dimwits I guess.

That's the hilarious part of it all. They are so insecure that they have to see what we're writing about them AND trying to score points against us because their fragile egos can't cope with their team being criticised.

Well....all except eagleseatseagulls. He trolls on here because he's bored and lonely.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Can I just point out that a team currently in the Prem were in 16th in the Championship with 7 points from 6 games, at the same point last season. And they looked a far better bet for relegation than we do

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You are so predictable. I said we finished 4th and had the biggest gates in the league which would suggest that we are a top club. You then ignore our finishing position and try to diss our gates as not being a reason that we might consider ourselves us a top Championship team. Does finishing 4th last season count for nothing then? :rolleyes:

I have seen us play home and away this season and can assure you that we look to have overcome our early season stutter, losses in two games where appalling refereeing decisions cost us a point at Leeds and the chance to get at least a draw against Derby. We are unbeaten since. Blackpool are top do you REALLY think that they are going up and we are going to be mid table because of our relative positions after 6 games. We were top ourselves this time last season and not looking as solid as we are now imo.

You have shown ZERO signs of being able to stay up this season and your manager and Chairman are whinging already, it's going to be a long long season. Please keep coming back on here to let us know how it's going :wink:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A serious question to the non-Palace on this thread - are Buckley, KLL and Orlandi divers? Spanish we know about, but I can't say I recall the others throwing themselves to the floor without contact

I think Buckley goes to ground easily - the penalty he won v palace for the 1-1 was a dive (like Zaha's was for theirs), v Millwall the crowd were crying foul everytime he went to ground and I'm pretty sure the ref mostly got it right when not giving him free kicks. KLL made a meal of the pogrebnyak challenge on sunday. Not really noticed with Orlandi, but I'd add Barnes to the list of divers in our team, last season it seemed like in a lot of games CMS was more interested in winning free kicks than winning the ball.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Fricking heall. That's rich!

How many times would his shower have been red carded if the rules were changed? He's just got the arse because prem league players have learned to dive with FAR greater credibility than Championship.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A serious question to the non-Palace on this thread - are Buckley, KLL and Orlandi divers? Spanish we know about, but I can't say I recall the others throwing themselves to the floor without contact

I can remember one incident where Lopez rolled over and over in front of the West Stand had a look at the ref and did another roll over. That to me was a disgrace but I can't remember any others to be truthful.
But Parish and his club have really proved to be hypocrites with this latest outburst, They gained promotion diving all over the country last season. I truly wish that had been Zaha and not Young in that incident.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just **** off mate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here