Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can remember one incident where Lopez rolled over and over in front of the West Stand had a look at the ref and did another roll over. That to me was a disgrace but I can't remember any others to be truthful.

A colleague of mine got an email from a customer of ours who is a Newcastle fan the day after the game. It started with " Has Lopez stopped rolling yet?" :lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A serious question to the non-Palace on this thread - are Buckley, KLL and Orlandi divers? Spanish we know about, but I can't say I recall the others throwing themselves to the floor without contact

Buckley dived against Palace, but it was in retaliation for Zaha's one earlier in the match - it's not impossible that it was on instruction.

The others, no.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Players will soon stop diving if on a Monday morning they're picking up match bans retrospectively.

Exactly. At the moment, diving is a gamble weighted so heavily in favour of teh diver that they are bound to do it.

Win. Penalty, and possibly a sending off.
Lose. I may get booked.

Yep, that's a gamble everyone will roll the dice on. Whereas, throw in a dive will inevitably show up on the video and get me a 6 game ban on Monday, and suddenly you don't roll the dice on that one.

In any one season, 1st offense 6 games, 2nd is 8 and the 3rd is 10 games. Sorted.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
As much as I agree with him, I can't find too much sympathy for his clubs position given the inordinate number of penalties given to the cheat Murray and uber-cheat Zaha last year.

whos looking for sympathy? it goes on evrywhere including brighton and its time something was done about it

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
He's got some ****ing cheek after the behaviour of his team last year.

what behaviour? some of your players dive all over the place and when its proven against ANY club then they should be punished

try debating the matter and seeing the bigger picture instead of turning it into anti palace

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
That's wonderful coming from the chairman of club that got promoted by diving in many games.

The great thing about this decision was it was outside the penalty area and not sure it was a foul anyway, but they went a goal behind and down to ten men from it. The only thing for me that would have made all that even better, was if it had been Zaha and not Young going down.

where would brighton have finished if every goal that came from a free kick or penalty earned by a diving brighton player was scatched off?

are you not aware that young was proven to have dived earlier in the game-or does it suit you to ignore that?

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Yeah but as we are a top Championship team we'll probably get away with it more often than not, just like you did last season. Zaha and Murray were very good at it. However you are cannon fodder this year and you are unlikely to get many decisions at all against the top Premier League clubs, better get used to it or you will be whinging all season :thumbsup:

It's wrong but I will enjoy it :smile:

top ? not the last time I looked and you got away with it last season just like evry other club does at some stage regardless of what league or position- its cheating and needs to be dealt with and that applies to my club as well- pity you have such a blinkered view of your own club

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
where would brighton have finished if every goal that came from a free kick or penalty earned by a diving brighton player was scatched off?

are you not aware that young was proven to have dived earlier in the game-or does it suit you to ignore that?

That's not the point. It's not our chairman coming out with massively hypocritical statements.

Regardless of whether Young had dived previously in the game or any other game is also neither here nor there. It was a foul and the lad had to go. Granted it wasn't a penalty but we're not debating that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Zaha wouldn't have finished a match last season if this rule was strictly adhered to.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
That's not the point. It's not our chairman coming out with massively hypocritical statements.

Regardless of whether Young had dived previously in the game or any other game is also neither here nor there. It was a foul and the lad had to go. Granted it wasn't a penalty but we're not debating that.

the debate is about cheats being punished

young carded and proven to be correct

its not me you need to tell about the red card incident

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
young was proven to have dived and was carded-thats what is being discussed

I think you are wrong here, Young's diving antics are an embarrassment, no question about that, but it is NOT the subject matter of the thread. United fans think he is an arse for doing it (unless it is against City or the Dippers).

Last season Palace were awarded 15 penalties, some were for dives, yet your chairman was silent about that.

No issue with him complaining about diving being a cancer in the game, but if that is the case, people in glass houses etc....

If he wants the publicity, and let's be honest, he loves it, then he has to expect some stick if he is seen to be applying double standards.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
the debate is about cheats being punished

young carded and proven to be correct

its not me you need to tell about the red card incident

And he got booked for it which is what the law states should have happened.

I don't necessarily disagree with Parish. It's just a bit rich coming from him after you pretty much had a penalty every other game last season. Most of which I expect were won by cheating.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
top ? not the last time I looked and you got away with it last season just like evry other club does at some stage regardless of what league or position- its cheating and needs to be dealt with and that applies to my club as well- pity you have such a blinkered view of your own club

From a fan of a club that was renowned for having two serial divers last season I find that quite amusing, bet you weren't moaning last season when you were benefitting from divers.

Why don't you feck off back to your own site you hypocrite. Of course I'm anti Palace and you are clearly anti Brighton but I won't waste my time moaning and being aggressive on your Nazi site.

Last edited:

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
And he got booked for it which is what the law states should have happened.

I don't necessarily disagree with Parish. It's just a bit rich coming from him after you pretty much had a penalty every other game last season. Most of which I expect were won by cheating.

the topic is about changing the punishment so why are you stating current punishments ?

if you think that about the penalties we had then theres no point in trying to discuss anything with you-the thread starter has obviously achieved his goal of turning something that sickens every football fan into an anti palace thread so fill your boots

ps are there any threads on here where people arent still hurting about the play offs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here