Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ot children being attacked in the classroom

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Then I would agree with bushy, that you should resolve this with the parents.

(This doesn't absolve the school of answering the issues regarding the access to the classroom, and their poor response to your complaints - but these are separate from actually sorting out the underlying issues regarding the two boys behaviour)

To be honest i have'nt got such a issue with the parent It's more the way the school are handling it To be honbest i see the parents as being below me But the school really need to sorrt this out What happens once parents know they can go into a class to shout and scream at a child

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had a similar experience when I was about 10 from a parent that was coming into my class to assist the teacher. I was no angel as a kid having quite a few behavioural problems so I imagine I could be quite a handful but the stupid cow had been given me a hard time for months, I never bothered telling my parents until one day she called me an evil little sod, I went home that evening and asked my Dad if he thought I was evil to which he said of course not, who said that? I told him it was Mrs **** and the other stuff she’d called me, when he realised it wasn’t even a proper teacher he stormed in to give the school a piece of his mind. Not sure exactly what happened but she never came in to help again.
Really? This would never happen at my kids school.

Oh.

:lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
yes they say it was gender if it was a man then they would have called the police

If that's true, that is completely out of order, I would get that in writing and complain to the board at least. I am very surprised a parent can have access to your child while he's in school, that doesn't sound right. Get all this written down.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
That's ridiculous. Go and discuss it with whoever you've been discussing it with, make notes, talk about what would have happened if you had done it, write down their answer. Then go and see the head, explain that it's not acceptable and that you expect the school to write to the woman about it. Your child should not fear coming to school due to the way the school allows some other parents to shout within the school. If the school don't play ball, the council/media would be interested in the school's sexism and double standards. The woman should be warned so you son understands that it was her that was wrong, and he doesn't need to be afraid.
the school say that they have spoken to the woman I asked that maybe she could apoligze to my son they say that they cant make her do that I said in that case bar her from the groiunds They say it was not extreme enouigh for that If anyone go's mob handed into a class to havea go at a kid And they say its not extreme enough to warrent a applolgy then what is extreme ? When i say mob handed she took a friend with her

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's ridiculous. Go and discuss it with whoever you've been discussing it with, make notes, talk about what would have happened if you had done it, write down their answer. Then go and see the head, explain that it's not acceptable and that you expect the school to write to the woman about it. Your child should not fear coming to school due to the way the school allows some other parents to shout within the school. If the school don't play ball, the council/media would be interested in the school's sexism and double standards. The woman should be warned so you son understands that it was her that was wrong, and he doesn't need to be afraid.

Exactly don't let them fob you off. Go straight to the head and don't leave until you are satisfied with the outcome.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If that's true, that is completely out of order, I would get that in writing and complain to the board at least. I am very surprised a parent can have access to your child while he's in school, that doesn't sound right. Get all this written down.
thats my next step i will try to get them to put it in writing Although i wont hold my breathe on that

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bore them to death with stories about the war, and how this country would still be great if we didn't let smelly people in?
No , if someone screamed at my 8 year old so aggressively that they were as frightened as it sounds, then I'd tell the father that if it happened again i'd confront them and escalate it phyically, ok ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No , if someone screamed at my 8 year old so aggressively that they were as frightened as it sounds, then I'd tell the father that if it happened again i'd confront them and escalate it phyically, ok ?

A valuable lesson for any 8 year old.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is not reasonable to expect people to make a judgement call on stories such as these as we only know the OP's side of the story.

At the end of the day though, if you are unhappy with the way your child has been treated, the head is the first port of call. And if you don't get a satisfactory resolution to it, then escalate it to the LEA, or board of governers. Threatening the parent who was responsible is probably not wise in the first instance.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Really? This would never happen at my kids school.

Oh.

:lolol:

Very good :) To be fair it was and is a very good school, the lady's daughter is now a teacher at the school so hopefully she has inherited her Mum's people skills!

Do you want/need a ticket for Saturday btw?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It is not reasonable to expect people to make a judgement call on stories such as these as we only know the OP's side of the story.

At the end of the day though, if you are unhappy with the way your child has been treated, the head is the first port of call. And if you don't get a satisfactory resolution to it, then escalate it to the LEA, or board of governers. Threatening the parent who was responsible is probably not wise in the first instance.
It's governOrs, what sort of establishment did you attend ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Both my boys , are taught never to start fights or trouble and never to bully, but are also told that if someone hits them then they are to hit them back , and they will have my full support.

yet in your first post you are saying you would be the one to escalate it physically.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very good :) To be fair it was and is a very good school, the lady's daughter is now a teacher at the school so hopefully she has inherited her Mum's people skills!

Do you want/need a ticket for Saturday btw?
No, we are a STHs. PM me with the name of the teacher - I have a gut feeling it could be my son's teacher!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No, we are a STHs. PM me with the name of the teacher - I have a gut feeling it could be my son's teacher!

No problem, just thought i'd give you first refusal. PM sent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here