Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ot children being attacked in the classroom

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is not reasonable to expect people to make a judgement call on stories such as these as we only know the OP's side of the story.

At the end of the day though, if you are unhappy with the way your child has been treated, the head is the first port of call. And if you don't get a satisfactory resolution to it, then escalate it to the LEA, or board of governers. Threatening the parent who was responsible is probably not wise in the first instance.

Very true. I would suggest the OP asks the school to arrange a meeting between himself, the other parent and the head teacher, where the entire issue can be discussed sensibly. Not only will the OP find out exactly what happened and why, but they should also be able to address the issue of his child being scared to come to school. If after that he is not happy, escalate it to the board of governors.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
It seems strange that a school should allow access to parents to a classroom of 8 year olds. Also the supply teacher has been put in a difficult position ( she may have been completly new to the school and if newly qualified had little experience ). How do you know that the teacher told the boy off?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had a similar experience when I was about 10 from a parent that was coming into my class to assist the teacher. I was no angel as a kid having quite a few behavioural problems so I imagine I could be quite a handful but the stupid cow had been given me a hard time for months, I never bothered telling my parents until one day she called me an evil little sod, I went home that evening and asked my Dad if he thought I was evil to which he said of course not, who said that? I told him it was Mrs **** and the other stuff she’d called me, when he realised it wasn’t even a proper teacher he stormed in to give the school a piece of his mind. Not sure exactly what happened but she never came in to help again.
So it turns out this lady's daughter is now my son's form teacher.

Lovely.

:lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
So it turns out this lady's daughter is now my son's form teacher.

Lovely.

:lolol:

Hahaha! Didn't mean to freak you out, Just be worried if your son announces his teacher's Mum is coming into to help!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
i'd give her or her old man a taste of their own medicine then , warn her about what'll happen if she does it again.

Tell me you are not goin soft fella?! Kid got told off, he'll learn.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Very true. I would suggest the OP asks the school to arrange a meeting between himself, the other parent and the head teacher, where the entire issue can be discussed sensibly. Not only will the OP find out exactly what happened and why, but they should also be able to address the issue of his child being scared to come to school. If after that he is not happy, escalate it to the board of governors.

Sounds like the most sensible solution to this issue imo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They say it was not extreme enouigh for that If anyone go's mob handed into a class to havea go at a kid And they say its not extreme enough to warrent a applolgy then what is extreme ?
You don't need to explain to us, we know it was wrong. If you don't care, leave it, but if you do care, then do something about it. I've given you one option. If you have it in writing (even if it's just you making notes during the conversation, which counts) that they'd have called the police if a man had done it, then that's enough to force them to write to her, and your child if you wish.

No , if someone screamed at my 8 year old so aggressively that they were as frightened as it sounds, then I'd tell the father that if it happened again i'd confront them and escalate it phyically, ok ?
Like I said, you'd bore them to death :wink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i'd give her or her old man a taste of their own medicine then , warn her about what'll happen if she does it again.

What would happen?

Tell me what do you think I'd do ?

I wouldn't wish to presume - that's why I asked you to clarify.

i'd confront them and escalate it phyically, ok ?

Oh. I should have just saved time, and gone with presumption after all :rolleyes:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You don't need to explain to us, we know it was wrong. If you don't care, leave it, but if you do care, then do something about it. I've given you one option. If you have it in writing (even if it's just you making notes during the conversation, which counts) that they'd have called the police if a man had done it, then that's enough to force them to write to her, and your child if you wish.

Like I said, you'd bore them to death :wink:
really ? you think i'm just a keyboard warrior like yourself ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yes, you knew all along what i'd say, just thought i'd give you the opportunity to come across as superior which you so obviously craved.

I thought you at least deserved the chance, NOT to conform to the stereotype that upsets you. Sadly, you never fail to take every available opportunity to live up to it.

(and to be honest, if your idea of resolving a verbal dispute is to 'escalate it physically', then yes, I think my stance would be 'superior'*. Sorry)

*and yes - I'm fully aware that this merely reinforces the stereotype you have chosen for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
really ? you think i'm just a keyboard warrior like yourself ?
:lol: get a sense of humour bushy. I'm not a keyboard warrior, I don't get into fights and I don't pretend to be tough on a forum. I don't think you're a keyboard warrior either, I think you're a neanderthal.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought you at least deserved the chance, NOT to conform to the stereotype that upsets you. Sadly, you never fail to take every available opportunity to live up to it.

(and to be honest, if your idea of resolving a verbal dispute is to 'escalate it physically', then yes, I think my stance would be 'superior'*. Sorry)

*and yes - I'm fully aware that this merely reinforces the stereotype you have chosen for me.
are you going on saturday ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] I'll wear cargo pants and a body warmer so you can recognise me...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fight fight fight fight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here