Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Well done to Edouard. I don't think that we were ever interested in him, and its good that he scored debut goals against one of our European rivals and helped lift us into the Champions League positions on goal difference. :whistle:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wonder what odds he'd have been to win the Golden Boot before today? It still won't happen but there'll be a few bookies chalking him up at something repectable like 50/1 now.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Our wage structure is well understood in that Tony won’t break it for anyone, hence we didn’t sign the chap from Celtic. You repeating criticising the club for not signing a player because of it is tedious and a waste of effort. It’s the equivalent of you facing a blue wall and shouting ‘I don’t like blue’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason we didn't sign him is nothing to do with wage structure. It was because we were never interested in him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A couple of nice finishes there. I think he will do okay, it's a shame we weren't interested.

Pity the poor lad ending up at palace:wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can’t be bothered to read more pages on a thread about a player we were never interested in, but………….

Didn’t either [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] or [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION] Wilson’s tackle call this start and then predict he wouldn’t score again other than against us?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Very wasteful. Why bother scoring two goals in the last few minutes when you’re 1-0 up against an ineffectual 10 men. Should have saved them for when they were more needed

Much rather have Leo’s offering yesterday - nicking it at the death with a gem. He’s fast becoming my favourite player.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Maybe I'm just being overly critical, but he seemed to make slightly hard work of two presentable chances - but, I suppose, he scored both, so a decent debut...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I just hope this is a case of the debut Connolys and he doesn't end up being the new Palace version of Murray that we've allowed to pull on that filthy kit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
???

You do realise that this thread is nearly 200 pages long, with nearly 2,000 replies.

For that reason alone, he's OBVIOUSLY going to score against us.

Yes this thread is one of the strangest, funniest and most ridiculous threads on here. What’s that got to do with it?!

Edouard has never had anything to do with us as a club so why would it be typical Albion for him to score against us?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
195 pages for a Palace striker. You could not make it up

In fairness he wasn't actually a Palace striker for about the first 185 pages. If you'd said 195 pages for a player that we weren't even interested in in the first place and never made an enquiry for .... yeah, NSC at it's finest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here