Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bullet dodged? Not that we were ever in for him of course...

Thought he did well tbh. His movement and size caused some trouble. Still firmly in the "we dont need this guy" camp but thought he was good yesterday and they got worse and lost a lot of movement up front when Benteke came on.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thought he did well tbh. His movement and size caused some trouble. Still firmly in the "we dont need this guy" camp but thought he was good yesterday and they got worse and lost a lot of movement up front when Benteke came on.

So Swanney, what you’re saying is he’s better than Benteke?
:laugh:

That’s not the greatest endorsement.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I firmly advocated spending good money on a new striker (either Nunez or Eduoard, someone likely to come straight in) to replace Maupay. I told many people Maupay wasn't going to recover from the season he just had. I got that very wrong.

I still think we're possibly light on striker numbers, but as long as Neal remains fit, I think he'll be a threat

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In fairness he wasn't actually a Palace striker for about the first 185 pages. If you'd said 195 pages for a player that we weren't even interested in in the first place and never made an enquiry for .... yeah, NSC at it's finest.

TBH, it wasn't a case of 'NSC at it's finest' - more a case of speculative journalism at it's finest, especially in Scotland. Never ending reports of his 'imminent move to Brighton' never let up, and were duly commented on - with enthusiasm by some, and poo-poo-ed by others. Can't see much t criticise NSC about here.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Agree - I still think he has/had the potential to be a better foil for Maupay than Welbeck (who was poor yesterday), but we’ll never know. I also don’t really get the angst over this thread either. Whether or not we were interested, it was widely reported in the press that we were, and it would have been a major signing. Are we so high brow on NSC that we don’t comment on players we’re linked to? When is it acceptable to begin, only when the superfans deem it an acceptable rumour? Or when they’re pictured holding up the shirt?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He won’t get the time and space he got in Scotland down here. You might get it against a tired, ten man Spurs, but you won’t in 90% of matches. Bullet dodged.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I listened to the match on 5 Live last night.

Chris Sutton was the co-commentator and he wasn't impressed by Edouard's contribution one bit. He reckoned that his movement, vision, decision-making and match-craft are all lacking for this level

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Chris Sutton was the co-commentator and he wasn't impressed by Edouard's contribution one bit. He reckoned that his movement, vision, decision-making and match-craft are all lacking for this level

Yeah, but Swanny says he’s good so you should probably ignore Sutton.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

A little later...

https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/status/1450207045739814918?s=20

[tweet]1450207045739814918[/tweet]

Ha! Good spot. It's almost as if highly paid pundits offer no greater insight or context into the game than the average supporter....

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Palace have some good players. Some just lacking form. Our combined XI wouldn't be 10 Albion and Zaha as some have intimated in the past. Benteke, Edouard, Olise, Eze, Gallagher.

Still they do also have some bang average players and one win from 8.

According to some of the reactions after the Arsenal game Patrick Viera - manager of the season (if Bielsa wasn't a shoe in for that award).

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace have some good players. Some just lacking form. Our combined XI wouldn't be 10 Albion and Zaha as some have intimated in the past. Benteke, Edouard, Olise, Eze, Gallagher.

Still they do also have some bang average players and one win from 8.

According to some of the reactions after the Arsenal game Patrick Viera - manager of the season (if Bielsa wasn't a shoe in for that award).

All the palace fans I associate with rate pat and can see his potential . He has started well and the team seem to like him, respect him and more importantly follow his methods. I’m liking what I see , but a few more wins wouldn’t hurt. We have a nice run of games coming up so hopefully this will be addressed.
But getting back to pat, yes he’s started well, but it’s very early days. No one is saying he’s manager of the season , we leave that type of talk to you when you’re talking about potter ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

All the palace fans I associate with rate pat and can see his potential . He has started well and the team seem to like him, respect him and more importantly follow his methods. I’m liking what I see , but a few more wins wouldn’t hurt. We have a nice run of games coming up so hopefully this will be addressed.
But getting back to pat, yes he’s started well, but it’s very early days. No one is saying he’s manager of the season , we leave that type of talk to you when you’re talking about potter ???

Agree he looks like he knows that he is doing.

Good for you perhaps that you didnt win against Brighton and Arsenal because that would quite possibly have made him the no 1 candidate when Arsenal finally decides to stop pretending being a long-term project and sack the hilariously incompetent Arteta.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I do find it funny how Palace fans used to mock us because we were excited about improved performances and a better of style of play under Potter, simply because we weren't getting the results our performances deserved.

1 win in 9 games Paddy is great though, obviously :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here