Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At the age of 23, he's finally managed to do what Connolly did at 19 at a fraction of the price :wink:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not much point whining about Edouard. Would have been a good signing but we werent going to pay those wages. Sign him on £80k a week and every new player or contract renewal becomes more expensive for us. There's a reason we walked away.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Based on that performance….Oops

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe how bad Spurs were. No Romero, Sanchez, Dier off injured, Tanganga sent off. Credit to Edouard for taking his goals well, credit to Vieira for spotting that Spurs were wide open and bringing him on when he did.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Sure it’s only one game but anyone who has seen him play for Celtic in Europe knew he would score in the PL. It’s clearly not his fee that was the issue as we have paid more for other players.

I have read it was his wages but if we can’t meet the wage demands of a player from Celtic then let’s stop the top ten chat until we can progress our wage structure.

I know the usual staunch club defenders will be along to criticise this post but sometimes as a fan it’s so frustrating, he was a good option for us, he went to our arch rivals, we signed no one and in 20 minutes had scored as many as Connolly, the player most of us feel he should be replacing, managed in the whole of last season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strikers don’t improve teams and could even disrupt them according to Mr Potter :facepalm:

Here we go...

Scores two goals on his debut and it means that Albion were wrong etc etc.

It means nothing.

Aaron Connolly anyone ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sure it’s only one game but anyone who has seen him play for Celtic in Europe knew he would score in the PL. It’s clearly not his fee that was the issue as we have paid more for other players.

I have read it was his wages but if we can’t meet the wage demands of a player from Celtic then let’s stop the top ten chat until we can progress our wage structure.

I know the usual staunch club defenders will be along to criticise this post but sometimes as a fan it’s so frustrating, he was a good option for us, he went to our arch rivals, we signed no one and in 20 minutes had scored as many as Connolly, the player most of us feel he should be replacing, managed in the whole of last season.

If he doesn't fit into the wage structure then that's it. Unless you are the person financing the deficit, then I think it should be left with the club.

We're all too fond of telling the club what to do with someone else's money.

As for Edouard, he's played one match. Didn't Locadia score early doors ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here