NSC has lots its credibility!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bollocks it has lost any sort of credibility.

I haven't been around forever, but NSC would appear to pride itself in shoutiing down those that do not have a valid point. It has members from all spectrums of society.

To be frank, Perry seems to be going overboard with his dislike and criticism of NSC. When the planning application was seemingly floundering, which was the best medium that made things happen? No, not the shoddy offical site, NSC.

It is not very good (or is it?) politics to try and bury problems with the stadium by merely stating that we are lucky to have a grand arena and we shouldn't moan about parking or ticketing. If he really felt that way, why do we still have ATC and why was NSC the first stop for travel questions.

To be honest, MP has gone down in my estimations for his, seemingly, aggressive attack on us. He is an employee of the club. He will probably move on eventually. I don't imagine he is the sort of person that used to sneak out of dinners to find out the Brighton score (when smartphones were a mere dream).

We might be a collective of football fans, but we don't all share the same opinion. Unsubstational moans get shot down. Realistic moans get discussed.

I'd like to see how MP would have coped without the supprt of NSC. Would his (or someone elses) We Want Falmer have had such an effect without NSC?

There are some people on here that worked tirelessly, for free, to enable us to build our stadium. I assume Perry worked out of the goodness of his heart. Let him build his academy and then move on to pastures new.

Good post.

D

Deleted member 2719

Heard some of the Q&A last night and found it painful to listen to. Some of our fans are an embarrassment! The management of this football club are doing a fantastic job and don't deserve it, last night should of been a mass love in.
Perry said what he thought of NSC and he is correct, some of the crap that is posted on this forum is ill informed and damaging.
NSC lost it's credibility along time ago with many fans, it has with the local media and also with the club itself!
Stop the moaning and take a look at what's going on with our great club. We are moving into a golden age and it doesn't get much better!

You are talking from your arse and so is Perry and in my eyes Perry has lost credibility himself for even talking about NSC in this way in public.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
JCL'S? You're havin' a laugh!?!? Is he havin' a laugh?!?!? There has always been the same group of deluded reactionary idiots who post on here or shout nonsense at games and always will be. Don't blame the poor bandwagon jumpers, they're just looking for a good time and are the main reason we can now afford to spend £3mil on a striker

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Interesting isn't it....

Either way I remember having conversations on here about MP being brough in to deliver the stadium not run it, its a tough act to be able to run a stadium, especially when you rub your paying customers up the wrong way. Always thought NSC would get a bit testy at this time, didn't realize that MP would ignite it just that little bit more! Not really politically wise....

There are moaners everywhere - NSC gives them a platform to do it, and having read a fair bit on here last night it appears mostly in the minority. if MP hasn't the time to sort through the wheat and chaff on here to find the truth/reasoned comment (of which there is a lot) then he should refrain from generalisations about all of us.

I think the whole discussion is a little odd. I'm not sure what we mean when we talk about 'credibility'. NSC is a forum for supporters to come together and discuss the Albion and various other (sometimes spuriously related, often not) crap. Any 'credibility' within the club I would have thought only occurs when people (whether it's Insider or one of the mods like Lord Bracknell or Bozza) draw together information from the board and share it with someone at the club. The travel questions thread is a great example of this. But if anyone, Albion staff or NSC poster, thinks that they would like a board where everything is taken seriously and everyone only posts when they have a valid point, they are living in cloud cuckoo land (and would, perhaps, be better suited to brightonfans).

NSC has been great in the past in allowing us to organise representation at marches, send letters to MPs, etc. But it is the effort of individual members that has lead to that, not some kind of NSC overseer. This board will always continue (I hope) to have posts from people willing to get off their arses and do things to help the club - and it is these people that carry gravitas and are worth listening to, not some loose collective to which they all (along with a decent share of idiots and reactionaries) happen to 'belong'.

If Martin Perry wishes to dismiss NSC, that's up to him. It's pretty puerile, IMHO, and will simply shut him (and potentially the club) off from one method of communication with the fans. However I would suggest that there's likely to continue to be people in useful positions at the club who will pay attention to NSC, or at least to what certain people tell them which is lifted from NSC.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm surprised people get so precious about NSC. It can be helpful, amusing, informative and sometimes downright irritating.... And it's great that we've got it.

But if MP criticises it publicly so what? Why do people take that as a slight against the fans in general? Especially as, IMHO, NSC rarely represents the view of the largely silent majority. He's undoubtedly annoyed with the tone of some of the complaints and who can blame him after years of working his nuts off to deliver a stadium...not great to make that public perhaps, but not worth supporters over-reacting either.

A place like this is never going to bs entirely in line with the club's views - if it was, it would be the official website. There's nothing wrong with a bit of spikiness to keep everyone on their toes.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
And, indeed, your posts are always interesting if a little cryptic some times. You are a core NSC'er

I think that just means i have nowhere else to go. Like the Littlest Hobo with a fractured spine. Or more romantically the self same miniature heroic pooch falling head over heels for another homeless mutt and nudging partly-edible rubbish to each other snoutally. One of the two. Or both.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Perry has looked very small time with his stance at the fans forum and criticism of internet forums. Whilst some of the criticism is frustrating, it all needs to be taken on board, so the constructive stuff can be used to improve the service offered. Getting flustered about it and mouthing off is bad PR from the club and maybe those doing it at the club actually need to be moved on or kept in the background as the club now has 23,000 customers to keep happy and criticising them in not the way forward.

Also Perry should remember the reason he has employment at the club is down to people asking difficult questions in 1995 and beyond.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
When would you suggest that complaints are put to the club when emails are ignored?

by phone?, in person after the meeting?, i just think a public forum for the fans that we had last night was not the right time or place to have so many moaners on, it was embarrassing to listen to, irrespective of the validity of the complaints and was a wasted opportunity to speak about more positive items with gus and tony there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting them if Obergrupperfuhrer Perry hates NSC much, he is not talking for the club, as harking back a few weeks when Bozza was asked to send representatives of NSC to get their views on noise levels of support, our views were actively support. If this was a club wide held view, we wouldnt have been withing 20 miles of the place

He jusy doesnt like critisism and takes things too personally. At Least The Colbourne Kid accepts this with good grace and moves on and edoesnt hold a grudge. I dont hold a grudge either...its where I park my car! ( c/o Garry Player)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting them if Obergrupperfuhrer Perry hates NSC much, he is not talking for the club, as harking back a few weeks when Bozza was asked to send representatives of NSC to get their views on noise levels of support, our views were actively support. If this was a club wide held view, we wouldnt have been withing 20 miles of the place

He jusy doesnt like critisism and takes things too personally. At Least The Colbourne Kid accepts this with good grace and moves on and edoesnt hold a grudge. I dont hold a grudge either...its where I park my car! ( c/o Garry Player)

Maybe the Blackpool fans got to Perry....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here