Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has lots its credibility!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a JCL but that's cos I've only 3 years ago had money to buy my season tickets and never had a dad to take me to the goldstone. So lot can lable people like me thing but the fact is you lot don't know every one back story. And I'm pretty sure lots of you would know me face from h block and lots of away game last 3 years. Last game at the withdean I was the kid blowing up the beach ball the whole of the first half

That must have been on hell of a big beach ball !!!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
1. People are having trouble using the online ticketing site, not everybody and certainly not myself but enough people to make it an issue. Why don't the club put out a guide to using the site, would solve most if not all the ticketing problems.
2. The movement of the north stand season ticket holders, which I am one of, was handled appallingly. All the club had to do was apologise but this still has not happened. I am now happy with my new seat but I had to do all the leg work to sort this, as did others in the same situation.
3. The disabled parking issue. I have not read in to this fully but it seems that the club need to apologise again and meet with the fans involved.
4. Similar to the North Stand issue, the barriers in 1901 and Upper West stands, again no real explanation from the club. I know this issue is getting sorted but again no explanation of what is going on.

Basically all this stuff boils down to public relations. Who is in charge of the club's public relations? All these problems would be solved if there was someone to speak to or some clear procedure for complaints to be dealt with at the club.

Precisely. The communications from the club these last few weeks have ranged from weak to appalling to non-existent, hardly an explanation about anything, save for the travel guide a week or so ago, its the complete silence from the official site from the matters above, especially the online ticket buying, the barriers and seat movers that have caused a lot of complaints, not forgetting the hiccups on the first match with turnstiles not opening til 1.30 in the pouring rain, caterers who couldnt cater etc. For that the club is guilty and painfully its nothing new, it has been a problem since the goldstone days, how the club communicates and how it merchandises itself has intermittently fallen short.

Martin Perry may dislike NSC with a passion, with some justification maybe about factual inaccuracies and serial moaners, but it is a sullible fact we the fans have no other outlet than NSC to find out whats going on at times and this shouldnt be the case.

For all that, last nights forum was embarrassing to listen to, because there was too many moaners/uber fans, who were too aggressive and too ungrateful, spouting too much of the above that could have been left for a different time. Opportunities to speak to our main men are too few to spend bickering about the above, however justified these complaints may or may not be.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Now that Uncle Dick appears to have been sidelined by the club, there appears to be a new breed emerging. They are the Perry Lickers. :p

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Heard some of the Q&A last night and found it painful to listen to. Some of our fans are an embarrassment! The management of this football club are doing a fantastic job and don't deserve it, last night should of been a mass love in.
Perry said what he thought of NSC and he is correct, some of the crap that is posted on this forum is ill informed and damaging.
NSC lost it's credibility along time ago with many fans, it has with the local media and also with the club itself!
What nonsense. Indeed some of our fans are an embarrassment. Any club with over 20,000 fans is going to have a complete mix of supporters from every section of society. What's that got to do with NSC? NSC is just a message board, there will always be good and bad posted here. As for Naylor's rant in the Argus - what a prat. He comes back from holiday and without checking his facts starts publishing nonsense about transfers. Some more informed individuals that post on NSC made him look silly, and he's bitter. NSC is also competition for his paper, given that we can often find more up to date information here, for free, than by paying for his paper, so it's no wonder he doesn't like NSC.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
the number of misplaced apostrophes' in this thread is making me very mad

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For all that, last nights forum was embarrassing to listen to, because there was too many moaners/uber fans, who were too aggressive and too ungrateful, spouting too much of the above that could have been left for a different time. Opportunities to speak to our main men are too few to spend bickering about the above, however justified these complaints may or may not be.

When would you suggest that complaints are put to the club when emails are ignored?

Reactions: Ned

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Perhaps in hindsight they could have asked for questions from those attending BEFORE the actual event so they would have been a little more informed of the questions. A bit like on BBC Question Time where they already know the (majority) of questions and who is going to ask them. Might sound daft but that is forward planning and makes sure you don't have any very awkward questions going out live on air. I'm not saying those questions shouldn't have been asked, perhaps they could have been a little more "managed"? Afterall we are all now talking about the fans forum for the wrong reasons when it should have been a great piece of marketing for the club.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I post idiotic crap and am suitably unproud of it. That won't stop me though. If i have a thought on my mind, then i want everyone to know what it is and to NSC i rush.

And, indeed, your posts are always interesting if a little cryptic some times. You are a core NSC'er

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
why? if didnt mention by name than is this just a fuss over nothing? there are other forums and the comments on the Argus.
"certain outlets... and we all know what I mean.... The Argus comments section"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bollocks it has lost any sort of credibility.

I haven't been around forever, but NSC would appear to pride itself in shoutiing down those that do not have a valid point. It has members from all spectrums of society.

To be frank, Perry seems to be going overboard with his dislike and criticism of NSC. When the planning application was seemingly floundering, which was the best medium that made things happen? No, not the shoddy offical site, NSC.

It is not very good (or is it?) politics to try and bury problems with the stadium by merely stating that we are lucky to have a grand arena and we shouldn't moan about parking or ticketing. If he really felt that way, why do we still have ATC and why was NSC the first stop for travel questions.

To be honest, MP has gone down in my estimations for his, seemingly, aggressive attack on us. He is an employee of the club. He will probably move on eventually. I don't imagine he is the sort of person that used to sneak out of dinners to find out the Brighton score (when smartphones were a mere dream).

We might be a collective of football fans, but we don't all share the same opinion. Unsubstational moans get shot down. Realistic moans get discussed.

I'd like to see how MP would have coped without the supprt of NSC. Would his (or someone elses) We Want Falmer have had such an effect without NSC?

There are some people on here that worked tirelessly, for free, to enable us to build our stadium. I assume Perry worked out of the goodness of his heart. Let him build his academy and then move on to pastures new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here