Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has lots its credibility!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Should this thread title read 'Lots of Credibility' ?

Not that MP even mentioned NSC, he just referred to 'disinformation'; a case of 'if the cap fits, wear it' perhaps?
Of course he meant NSC. I don't know anything about the situation for disabled fans, I haven't read the thread on here - if it's wrong and misleeading people then fair enough, but maybe Martin Perry should ask himself why people come here and believe what they read on here (if that's all it is) even over his own words last night. We've heard about a lot of things through NSC that we otherwise wouldn't have, that are true. Clearly if there isn't a problem for disabled supporters the club needs to massively improve it's communication with them!

And as others have said, NSC is not one thing. It's not a hivemind. Bashing NSC is just an acceptable way of bashing supporters.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Heard some of the Q&A last night and found it painful to listen to. Some of our fans are an embarrassment! The management of this football club are doing a fantastic job and don't deserve it, last night should of been a mass love in.
Perry said what he thought of NSC and he is correct, some of the crap that is posted on this forum is ill informed and damaging.
NSC lost it's credibility along time ago with many fans, it has with the local media and also with the club itself!
Stop the moaning and take a look at what's going on with our great club. We are moving into a golden age and it doesn't get much better!

What did you expect from a bunch of geeks, nerds, internet addicts, stupid kids, stupid teenagers, stupid adults, keyboard warriors, Marxist warriors , BNP bully boys, general attention seekers, "I'm disabled" cry babies, sycophants, club lickers, arse lickers, elbow lickers, and middle aged Sainsbury carrier bag flapping misfits ?

Apologies to anyone feeling left out from the above list - any resemblance is purely coincidental.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
geeks, nerds, internet addicts, stupid kids, stupid teenagers, stupid adults, keyboard warriors, Marxist warriors , BNP bully boys, general attention seekers, "I'm disabled" cry babies, sycophants, club lickers, arse lickers, elbow lickers, and middle aged Sainsbury carrier bag flapping misfits ?

.....you missed out conspiracy theorists.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What did you expect from a bunch of geeks, nerds, internet addicts, stupid kids, stupid teenagers, stupid adults, keyboard warriors, Marxist warriors , BNP bully boys, general attention seekers, "I'm disabled" cry babies, sycophants, club lickers, arse lickers, elbow lickers, and middle aged Sainsbury carrier bag flapping misfits ?

Apologies to anyone feeling left out from the above list - any resemblance is purely coincidental.
6/16 :(

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Whats a JCL? I keep seeing this TLA and would dearly love to know its full meaning.
A quick glossary:

JCL = 'Johnny Come Lately'. This is someone who used to support (and maybe still does support) a Premiership team, but has chosed to get on the Gus Bus having previously not given a shit about us.

JCB = 'Johnny Come Back'. This is a long-term Albion fan who for whatever reason hasn't seen much of the Albion recently, but has always been an Albion fan and now, unsurprisingly, thinks they might enjoy the Amex more than Withdean.

'Newbie' = A new poster on NSC.

Please note the subtle differences between the three, it REALLY annoys me that people confuse 'Newbie' with JCL

Also note that I have two 'Geek Blobs' under my name so therefore my opinion is worth something. Thank you for listening.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Huge generalisation to condem the whole forum on the basis of a few moaners.

NSC is one of the busiest & best forums in the Football League.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
For NSC;

Get information that is useful and is not provided by the club.
Its a laugh.
It has many excited fans.

Against NSC;

Its 90% full of bullshit.
It has many Victor Meldrews.
All newbies to this forum, such as myself, are lambasted as JCL's (Johnny Come Lately's) or JCB's (Johnny Come Backs). How do you know whether I have been a STH in the past? Maybe, just maybe, I have only just come across this site...
I have no idea whether NSC was responsible for getting local beer in the ground but if they did, don't go and moan about it when you have a queue for it (oops, back to the Victor Meldrew bit)

Although the con's above seem to out weigh the pro's, they don't, because this forum/site is a laugh and if you take it lightly, it will out weigh the cons. :smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i asked this twice in the past month and each time not answered, there is a secret death and rebirth initiation to know i think....or over 10k posts with 4 green reputation lights.

JCL = Johnny Come Lately , a possible plastic fan who has latched on to our success and potential but is still 90% focussed on their Premier League team (Chelsea , Arsenal , Man Utd or Liverpool).
not to be confused with a
JCB = Johnny Come Back , an Albion supporter of long standing who is returning to the fold afer losing faith with the shite conditions of Priestfield and Withdean and was possibly a STH at The Goldstone.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
NSC lost it's credibility

Lost it's usefulness to the club more like.

It is now seen as just an annoyance although I'm sure the club won't reject the readies when it comes to shirt sponsorship or sponsored dinner etc etc.

There aren't anymore messages to spread or letters and petitions to sign. NSC has done its bit and now it's adios, thanks but no thanks. We never really liked you much anyway.

Ask the Club? Yeah right...'in due course' and 'I'll pass it on' is a recurring answer... most of us remember why that was set up in the first place and you can tell Paul Camillin see's it as another annoyance now he is far removed from the ordinary fan.

That all said, great stadium, promising team, rosy future, maybe it's just time to get back to watching and enjoying following the team and being detached from the hierarchy of the club as in the olden days?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Maybe if the club provided adequate communication of information a situation of mis-information would not arise?

Exactly this.

1. People are having trouble using the online ticketing site, not everybody and certainly not myself but enough people to make it an issue. Why don't the club put out a guide to using the site, would solve most if not all the ticketing problems.
2. The movement of the north stand season ticket holders, which I am one of, was handled appallingly. All the club had to do was apologise but this still has not happened. I am now happy with my new seat but I had to do all the leg work to sort this, as did others in the same situation.
3. The disabled parking issue. I have not read in to this fully but it seems that the club need to apologise again and meet with the fans involved.
4. Similar to the North Stand issue, the barriers in 1901 and Upper West stands, again no real explanation from the club. I know this issue is getting sorted but again no explanation of what is going on.

Basically all this stuff boils down to public relations. Who is in charge of the club's public relations? All these problems would be solved if there was someone to speak to or some clear procedure for complaints to be dealt with at the club.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm loving the fact that those really slating NSC have a join date of the last 12 months.

What alot of people forget about NSC is that it's an internet message board where people are free to post their opinions on any subject. You may agree or disagree with what's been written, but like TV, you don't have to read it or do you have to type in northstandchat after www. & before .com

What annoys me slightly is that there seems to be a habit of blaming this site for the ills of the world at times when in fact without the brilliant work of some of the regulars on here alot of good stuff wouldn't have gotten done and whilst it's very fashionable of Messrs Perry & Naylor to publicly slate this forum, they should also remember and recognise the excellent fund raising & charitible work such as for REMF many on here have done.

Not only that, but people should remember that it was a vast majority of this board who have supported the club through the Withdean years and in addition should remember that those reading and contributing to NSC are the ones who have helped raised money for player sponsorship, walked, demonstrated and campaigned for Falmer to happen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last edited:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Whats a JCL? I keep seeing this TLA and would dearly love to know its full meaning.

JCL = Johnny come lately. There are a few of these. Also you get JCB = Johnny come back, which I am, and a lot of old Goldstone crowd come under this name too. I am not familiar with TLA though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here