Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has lots its credibility!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Exactly this.

1. People are having trouble using the online ticketing site, not everybody and certainly not myself but enough people to make it an issue. Why don't the club put out a guide to using the site, would solve most if not all the ticketing problems.
2. The movement of the north stand season ticket holders, which I am one of, was handled appallingly. All the club had to do was apologise but this still has not happened. I am now happy with my new seat but I had to do all the leg work to sort this, as did others in the same situation.
3. The disabled parking issue. I have not read in to this fully but it seems that the club need to apologise again and meet with the fans involved.
4. Similar to the North Stand issue, the barriers in 1901 and Upper West stands, again no real explanation from the club. I know this issue is getting sorted but again no explanation of what is going on.

Basically all this stuff boils down to public relations. Who is in charge of the club's public relations? All these problems would be solved if there was someone to speak to or some clear procedure for complaints to be dealt with at the club.

Yes, but let's not forget, as Perry emphasised last night, the club only got the keys to the stadium 6 weeks ago. Half of that time has been spent decorating, furnishing, moving people in, etc. They haven't had a lot of time for other matters, other than ensuring the essentials are in place to get the place open (which it has). Things will improve all round, I have no doubt.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do we have definite proof that NSCers were responsible for the questions about the household name striker and loyalty points for 11 years as a Withdean STH ? Martin Perry either had a pop at NSC or the Argus website brigade when the heat was turned up over questions of disabled parking spaces and was jumping into bed with Andy Naylor.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not convinced NSC ever had "credibility". It's a popular football chat forum - not some authority on behalf of the fans. If the likes of Andy Naylor or Martin Perry don't like it then all they need do is avoid reading it. That said, having met MP a number of times I suspect he's been mis-quoted. Does it bother me that there are people who don't like the views expressed on NSC - not on your nelly.

I do find it strange that we seem to have had a surge in new posters who do nothing but moan - hopefully we'll keep the posts, join date and rep system to help identify them !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm loving the fact that those really slating NSC have a join date of the last 12 months.

What alot of people forget about NSC is that it's an internet message board where people are free to post their opinions on any subject. You may agree or disagree with what's been written, but like TV, you don't have to read it or do you have to type in northstandchat after www. & before .com

What annoys me slightly is that there seems to be a habit of blaming this site for the ills of the world at times when in fact without the brilliant work of some of the regulars on here alot of good stuff wouldn't have gotten done and whilst it's very fashionable of Messrs Perry & Naylor to publicly slate this forum, they should also remember and recognise the excellent fund raising & charitible work such as for REMF many on here have done.

Not only that, but people should remember that it was a vast majority of this board who have supported the club through the Withdean years and in addition should remember that those reading and contributing to NSC are the ones who have helped raised money for player sponsorship, walked, demonstrated and campaigned for Falmer to happen.

Yup.

juanpablotheseagul

Mar 8, 2011
another jcl:facepalm::moo:

What is your obsession with branding people as JCL's? People like you love to play this game of "I'm a better fan than you" which quite frankly is childish and devisive. So lets have a Return of Respect and all pull together and enjoy the journey we are on. God know's there has been times when we could moan but this sure ain't one of them!!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm not convinced NSC ever had "credibility". It's a popular football chat forum - not some authority on behalf of the fans. If the likes of Andy Naylor or Martin Perry don't like it then all they need do is avoid reading it. That said, having met MP a number of times I suspect he's been mis-quoted. Does it bother me that there are people who don't like the views expressed on NSC - not on your nelly.

I do find it strange that we seem to have had a surge in new posters who do nothing but moan - hopefully we'll keep the posts, join date and rep system to help identify them !

Without NSC most of us wouldn't have been able to keep up to date with the campaign for Falmer , what would have happened if LDC had got their own way ? What about the threads where posters have written supportive messages and guidance/advice when we find out NSCers have passed away or have an illness ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You could argue it is harder to find the good stuff now on NSC, purely down to the volume - but it's there.

I have a lot of time for Perry, he's done most of the actual club work on Falmer IMHO, but he's let himself down a bit with this cheap pot-shot.

The club have their TV station, their web site, and their match programme for sanitised and spun news. This is our outlet, people say what they like, some it may be bollocks but much of it isn't.

To be honest if the club had taken more notice of some NSC threads months/years ago, I'm sure they would be in better shape on things like the travel plan and disabled parking today. But they do have a tendency to only hear what they want to hear, and maybe they have got so used to people saying nice things about Brighton of late, it's all a bit of a shock when (as it inevitably will) criticism surfaces. A thicker skin is going to be required.

Jan 30, 2008
What is your obsession with branding people as JCL's? People like you love to play this game of "I'm a better fan than you" which quite frankly is childish and devisive. So lets have a Return of Respect and all pull together and enjoy the journey we are on. God know's there has been times when we could moan but this sure ain't one of them!!!!!!
nothing to do with being a better fan and he's not moaning , get over it !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Without NSC most of us wouldn't have been able to keep up to date with the campaign for Falmer , what would have happened if LDC had got their own way ? What about the threads where posters have written supportive messages and guidance/advice when we find out NSCers have passed away or have an illness ?

I agree but I would class that as usefulness rather than credibility. A free internet forum is rarely going to have much credibility outside its own membership - NSC is no different.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I may be wrong but I see Rev's post as a gentle leg pull.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yes, but let's not forget, as Perry emphasised last night, the club only got the keys to the stadium 6 weeks ago. Half of that time has been spent decorating, furnishing, moving people in, etc. They haven't had a lot of time for other matters, other than ensuring the essentials are in place to get the place open (which it has). Things will improve all round, I have no doubt.

I have no doubt this is the case, I am not complaining about the fact that there are various issues with the stadium/ticketing system/car parks/travel to and from the stadium etc etc. These problems are inevitable. What I am complaining about is the response to the issues, a proper complaints department is needed at the club so we have at least some idea who to speak to to get problems addressed. I would presume that this complaints department would not be painting the walls of the Amex on the side.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm loving the fact that those really slating NSC have a join date of the last 12 months.

What alot of people forget about NSC is that it's an internet message board where people are free to post their opinions on any subject. You may agree or disagree with what's been written, but like TV, you don't have to read it or do you have to type in northstandchat after www. & before .com

What annoys me slightly is that there seems to be a habit of blaming this site for the ills of the world at times when in fact without the brilliant work of some of the regulars on here alot of good stuff wouldn't have gotten done and whilst it's very fashionable of Messrs Perry & Naylor to publicly slate this forum, they should also remember and recognise the excellent fund raising & charitible work such as for REMF many on here have done.

Not only that, but people should remember that it was a vast majority of this board who have supported the club through the Withdean years and in addition should remember that those reading and contributing to NSC are the ones who have helped raised money for player sponsorship, walked, demonstrated and campaigned for Falmer to happen.
I'd go along with this. You only need look at the very first thread on the big board, its a sticky to raise £1600 player sponsorship.....to lump us all together as ill informed moaners is a bit of an easy out.

juanpablotheseagul

Mar 8, 2011
nothing to do with being a better fan and he's not moaning , get over it !

I've nothing to get over, I just don't like this sneering attitude by trying to run down fans by calling them JCL's, maybe I have bitten on Rev's well placed fishing line in which case, it's a fair cop, I've been had!

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
Hmm interesting...

I've been a life long Albion fan, my first game was in 1985 when I was six years old. Throughout my life when asked what team I support I've always answered "Brighton" and have never had a second team.

Had a season ticket at the Goldstone right up to 1997 and for six seasons travelled with the junior seagulls and did not miss a single game home or away.

Went to every "home"game at Gillingham and have had a season ticket at Withdean for all but 1 season...

Unfortunately for me that was last season...I still managed 6 or 7 evening games but couldn't do Saturdays.

I've been a NSC member since 2003 but only as a voyeur and have only just started to add posts.

I've got my season ticket for the AlMEX but only 1,000 loyalty points.

So what does that make me?

JCB, a Newbie or neither?! I've missed 1 season in 26 years, sods law it was last season.

Would love to find out so I can get it printed on the back of my shirt ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Could I add a JNWA as a "Johnny Never Went Away"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmm interesting...

I've been a life long Albion fan, my first game was in 1985 when I was six years old. Throughout my life when asked what team I support I've always answered "Brighton" and have never had a second team.

Had a season ticket at the Goldstone right up to 1997 and for six seasons travelled with the junior seagulls and did not miss a single game home or away.

Went to every "home"game at Gillingham and have had a season ticket at Withdean for all but 1 season...

Unfortunately for me that was last season...I still managed 6 or 7 evening games but couldn't do Saturdays.

I've been a NSC member since 2003 but only as a voyeur and have only just started to add posts.

I've got my season ticket for the AlMEX but only 1,000 loyalty points.

So what does that make me?

JCB, a Newbie or neither?! I've missed 1 season in 26 years, sods law it was last season.

Would love to find out so I can get it printed on the back of my shirt ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Surely you, just like most people on this forum, are 'just' an Albion fan. Once this season gets underway, we will all forget this nonsense and our attentions will be very much focused on the football and not some infantile and tiresome branding of fellow fans. There can't be any two fans who have an identical record of when they've watched us or started watching. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Btw, for what it's worth, love and appreciate nsc and have since what seems like the beginning of the internet. It was a very different beast then. It's role should certainly encompass both the highs and lows of our club, it should not be sanitized. However some posters let themselves down by becoming personal and vitriolic.

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
I'm a JCL but that's cos I've only 3 years ago had money to buy my season tickets and never had a dad to take me to the goldstone. So lot can lable people like me thing but the fact is you lot don't know every one back story. And I'm pretty sure lots of you would know me face from h block and lots of away game last 3 years. Last game at the withdean I was the kid blowing up the beach ball the whole of the first half

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Heard some of the Q&A last night and found it painful to listen to. Some of our fans are an embarrassment! The management of this football club are doing a fantastic job and don't deserve it, last night should of been a mass love in.
Perry said what he thought of NSC and he is correct, some of the crap that is posted on this forum is ill informed and damaging.
NSC lost it's credibility along time ago with many fans, it has with the local media and also with the club itself!
Stop the moaning and take a look at what's going on with our great club. We are moving into a golden age and it doesn't get much better!

But I hear there were loads of people moaning IN THE ROOM last night.

That was a cross-section of Albion fans in a room. Whereas NSC is a cross-section of fans in a virtual room. No difference.

When anyone from the club criticises "all of" NSC (or the online community), they're criticising all Albion fans...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here