Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy ... TSLR and the right wing

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Can't help but think this thread may knock 15 or 20 off TSLR's sales!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you go to gigs in the 70's. Lots of trouble over politics then. Do you want that at football grounds

I cant be bothered to carry on with this. I'm simply saying I generally do not have an issue with football mixing with politics and if Albion fans want to align themselves with various politicised supporter groups fair enough. I think most people can see the difference between this and the extremist groups you are alluding to which clearly very few people want.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Every club has a percentage of knuckledraggers, pond life. I have seen quite a few on my travels. I suppose its a tribal thing. These young and middle aged Men get an adrenalin rush from pummeling in a strangers face. Its most odd. I would rather get my kicks and adrenalin rush by having Sex.
a bit short on that these days i believe.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
A minority of Albion fans decided to air their ridiculous right-wing vitriol at The Galphram today. The TSLR boys and girls who reacted had to be moved, by the police, for their own safety.

As the co-editor of the mag, i can tell all the hundreds of fans that buy our mag, that we will try our best to rid our football club of these plonkers, and will continue to link BHA with left-of-centre fan groups in europe until those who feel it's necessary to tarnish our name with psuedo-fascist chants do not attend games whilst representing the stripes.

up the albion.

Absolute rubbish. 5 blokes in front of the so-called 'TSLR boys and girl' sung one song, a song we've all heard numerous times in the past, and I might add a single rendition of it. I agree it had no relevance whatsoever, and suitably was met with stony silence by all in the vacinity. Except your lot. No police involved that I saw, any safety risk was your own doing I'm afraid. Stewards moved you because of your completely OTT reaction, both to those that sung it (whom you all too quickly confronted with overt political views of your own) and those behind you - who did little more than try to get you to forget it and get behind the Albion. Joke. Will never buy your magazine again.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Errrrrrrr...........how on earth is singing 'no surrender to the IRA' in any way sectarian??!!

It is clearly a political statement!!

"No surrender", is a Loyalist slogan of old.

So by definition, it's a song linked to sectarianism.

In any case, it's a hooligan song, invented by hooligans and sung by them.

Doesn't have much of a place in football ground these days and only ever sung by very very thick people.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006

Doesn't have much of a place in football ground these days and only ever sung by very very thick people.

There is a difference between a Paisley-esque cry of No Surrender and all that that may imply and the singing of 'no surrender to the IRA' - the latter as far as I'm concerned is purely political and not unreasonable!

It's relevance at Huddersfield does escape me though!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

Agree totally with this, Rangers fans sing songs about being up to their knees in Fenian blood, Celtic sing about support for the IRA...is that political or just plain bigotry...I think it is the latter, that certainly has no place in football...sung by pond life!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is a difference between a Paisley-esque cry of No Surrender and all that that may imply and the singing of 'no surrender to the IRA' - the latter as far as I'm concerned is purely political and not unreasonable!

It's relevance at Huddersfield does escape me though!!

Just because the people singing it are too think to understand there isn't a difference.. doesn't mean there isn't.

You've got a very odd argument going there.

Next year, I'll start a chorus of Free Nelson Mandela and we'll see whether you'll still argue that's something "reasonable" and "political" to sing at a football match.

Marky

Well...
Mar 3, 2006
WR1
Next year, I'll start a chorus of Free Nelson Mandela and we'll see whether you'll still argue that's something "reasonable" and "political" to sing at a football match.

:lolol: Bring on next season - I cannot wait to see this :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just because the people singing it are too think to understand there isn't a difference.. doesn't mean there isn't.

You've got a very odd argument going there.

I'd argue it was a bit dated. Please get up to speed on your politcal prisoners.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here