Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy ... TSLR and the right wing

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
A minority of Albion fans decided to air their ridiculous right-wing vitriol at The Galphram today. The TSLR boys and girls who reacted had to be moved, by the police, for their own safety.

As the co-editor of the mag, i can tell all the hundreds of fans that buy our mag, that we will try our best to rid our football club of these plonkers, and will continue to link BHA with left-of-centre fan groups in europe until those who feel it's necessary to tarnish our name with psuedo-fascist chants do not attend games whilst representing the stripes.

up the albion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I did not go on saturday or do not sing such songs or linked to such views, but im not sure what your saying about linking BHA with left-of-centre fan groups in europe ! What does that mean and i thought football should neither be left or right in fact it should not be involved in politics....Or am i missing something.
What songs were they singing and that must be a job for the police to deal with anyway.
regards

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
A minority of Albion fans decided to air their ridiculous right-wing vitriol at The Galphram today. The TSLR boys and girls who reacted had to be moved, by the police, for their own safety.

As the co-editor of the mag, i can tell all the hundreds of fans that buy our mag, that we will try our best to rid our football club of these plonkers, and will continue to link BHA with left-of-centre fan groups in europe until those who feel it's necessary to tarnish our name with psuedo-fascist chants do not attend games whilst representing the stripes.

up the albion.

Don't tell me which football club to support or what political views I should hold.

Albion fan since 1962 and right wing and proud of it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't tell me which football club to support or what political views I should hold.

Agreed but politics of any flavour should be kept out of football. It almost makes me want to puke when you see politicians suddenly wanting to be seen as supporters when the club does well - Hove Town Hall balcony after we'd won back to back titles is a prime example. It should have just been the team there NOT councillors !!! :angry:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

But why should anyone associate any non football related views with the Albion whatsoever?

I don't agree with you so I don't wish to be linked with your beliefs in any shape or form.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

up the albion.

I was not there but yours and another post show the majority of us do not want mindless idiots spouting racist and fascist chants. Kick it out of football and get behind the team.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
But why should anyone associate any non football related views with the Albion whatsoever?

I don't agree with you so I don't wish to be linked with your beliefs in any shape or form.

I don't mix politics with football. I was having a go at the self righteous keyboard warrior who tells us he and others like him have decided to link the Albion to the centre left. Those of us who are right wing object.

Personally when I go and watch the Albion, I go to football, drink too much beer, eat junk food and generally try and have a good time and bollocks to all politics.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Does that mean in your mind we lost 2-0 yesterday because both our goals were scored by black players?

What, just because his political views are right wing?? I'm a bit of a leftie but i don't think mk seagull stating he's politically right wing means he's racist?!? There were some idiots there yesterday though from what i've heard and these people should not be allowed to disgrace our fans.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I did not go on saturday or do not sing such songs or linked to such views, but im not sure what your saying about linking BHA with left-of-centre fan groups in europe ! What does that mean and i thought football should neither be left or right in fact it should not be involved in politics....Or am i missing something.
What songs were they singing and that must be a job for the police to deal with anyway.
regards

No surrender was aired amongst others. Put it this way they weren't chanting Dave Cameron is a jolly nice bloke and George Osbourne for Chancellor.

I recognised most of them from the pub beforehand (Don't ask me which one but it did have a sofa in the car park - Top pikeage). They were complaining about being moved on from another pub by the Police and most were all Stone Island boys talking about rucks and the like. The Police were also well aware of who they were having watched them in the pub all the time they were there. They would say 'Top Boys' I'd say Twats.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Every club has a percentage of knuckledraggers, pond life. I have seen quite a few on my travels. I suppose its a tribal thing. These young and middle aged Men get an adrenalin rush from pummeling in a strangers face. Its most odd. I would rather get my kicks and adrenalin rush by having Sex.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
These young and middle aged Men get an adrenalin rush from pummeling in a strangers face. Its most odd. I would rather get my kicks and adrenalin rush by having Sex.

I'm sure they'd like to get it via sex too but they haven't had the courage to go to Bar Amsterdam or the Bulldog yet :laugh:.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

I think he means far right.

And I agree with the poster who says politics should be kept out of football. Still if extremists of any creed are trying to gain a foothold in our beautiful game then we should stand up to them.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Ah but I'm Brighton born and bred, mind you I do live in MK (unfortunately)!

But a serious point, I think there does need to be a distinction between right and far right, just like left and far left. I don't think TSLR sorts have a problem with your average Reigate tory aside from a typical indie-esque publication thing..

It's not just us on the left who are guilty of it on here, every time someone mentions voting Labour, Beach Hut seems to enjoy telling us the red flag will be lowered, as if we are all paid up Comintern members!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here