Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No it's probably because of being from Milton Keynes :thumbsup:

Leave MK out of it!!! My Dad and sister live there :censored:

Alright my Dad thinks Thatcher was the cat's pyjamas but my sister doesn't!!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This whole thread has gone overboard. This isn't a thread about TSLR. I don't for a minute think its espousing political views... I have seen no evidence and right now its the best mag we've got done by a dedicated team of supporters who do it for nothing but love. So let's all take a breath, calm down, and put this thread to bed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is a better reason, it is crap

I really like it. It is a bit wacky, prepared to have a good moan where appropriate. Could be improved by a few more bits of Albion related tittle tattle, but fair play to the writers for getting off their arses and giving us a fanzine.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why do so many people say that politics and football do not mix, we all vote (or some us) and all the parties campaigned outside of Withdean at the last election. Some clubs have been created by politics. Like most people I go to watch football and do not want someone elses views put on me. When I went to Ibrox last I was shocked to see fascist leafets and newsletters being openly sold.

What does not mix for me is fascist, rascist or any other political organistations using football as a way to hide in a crowd and spread crap in a way they would never do in the middle of Churchill Square.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Why do so many people say that politics and football do not mix, we all vote (or some us) and all the parties campaigned outside of Withdean at the last election. Some clubs have been created by politics. Like most people I go to watch football and do not want someone elses views put on me. When I went to Ibrox last I was shocked to see fascist leafets and newsletters being openly sold.

What does not mix for me is fascist, rascist or any other political organistations using football as a way to hide in a crowd and spread crap in a way they would never do in the middle of Churchill Square.
suppose you were the lone protester giving us lot the large in north street on yesterday's march. the ob soon f***ed the gobby idiot off, he wasnt only jeered by us, but bystanders were jeering the **** aswell!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
suppose you were the lone protester giving us lot the large in north street on yesterday's march. the ob soon f***ed the gobby idiot off, he wasnt only jeered by us, but bystanders were jeering the **** aswell!!

Oh I'm far too PC to give anything large, but I would have tutted rather loudly in your direction depending on the severity of your views.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
A minority of Albion fans decided to air their ridiculous right-wing vitriol at The Galphram today. The TSLR boys and girls who reacted had to be moved, by the police, for their own safety.

As the co-editor of the mag, i can tell all the hundreds of fans that buy our mag, that we will try our best to rid our football club of these plonkers, and will continue to link BHA with left-of-centre fan groups in europe until those who feel it's necessary to tarnish our name with psuedo-fascist chants do not attend games whilst representing the stripes.

up the albion.

So then Josef when do we get our year zero experience so you can re-educate all the Brighton fans whose views don't reconcile with your own left of centre views?

With the political views you evidently have I find it somewhat ironic that you have got so upset with 'psuedo fascist chants'.

No doubt you would normally espouse the virtues of diversity too but we all know that's another one way street.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
In your opinion.

I think it's a great read.

This whole saga has got blown out of all proportion, in a typically NSC-binfest type of fashion.

IMHO it's an Ok read, and I used to buy it simply to back those who were putting the effort it. Not anymore.

You are right. This saga has been blown out of all proportion. However not so much by anyone on NSC, but first and foremost by the TSLR reps on the day at Huddersfield. They subsequently initiated a thread on NSC with a strategically written account of events accompanied by a statement of intent to drive right wing politics out of Albions support. That for me explains their total over-reaction on Saturday (it does not excuse their attitude to other fans who tried to intervene). It's entirely up to them to nail their colours to any mast they choose and champion any cause they see fit via TSLR.

However I personally take an apolitical attitude to supporting the Albion (except when campaigning for Falmer) and therefore will purchase the mag no more.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Behave the SWP sold papers in Churchill Square for donkeys years.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Absolute rubbish. 5 blokes in front of the so-called 'TSLR boys and girl' sung one song, a song we've all heard numerous times in the past, and I might add a single rendition of it. I agree it had no relevance whatsoever, and suitably was met with stony silence by all in the vacinity. Except your lot. No police involved that I saw, any safety risk was your own doing I'm afraid. Stewards moved you because of your completely OTT reaction, both to those that sung it (whom you all too quickly confronted with overt political views of your own) and those behind you - who did little more than try to get you to forget it and get behind the Albion. Joke. Will never buy your magazine again.

I didn't really see what happened on Saturday but if people were singing any sort of right wing songs then I completely support anyone who had a go at them. It is extremely sad that idiots like that still think it is acceptable to sing that sort of thing and they need to know in no uncertain terms that people are opposed to it (not just ignore them).

I have bought every TSLR issue so far but, even if I hadn't, the reaction would make me more likely to buy it now.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There is a better reason, it is crap

Don’t agree - there’s obviously a lot of time and effort put in by the TSLR team who are clearly Albion fans thru’ and thru’. Some good quirky articles and you can dip into it like a Sunday supplement. Good read for Seagulls fans no longer in the UK. Not really worried about any political slant it may have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here