Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nfl season 2009

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
45 minutes until the off, I am working late shifts in Scotland and just got back to my hotel. The TV as sky sports so bring on the Titans v Steelers, anyone else going to watch this one tonight.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Yep but feeling tired so might not get past half time. As a Jags fan I hope the Steelers win tonight.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
7-0 first blood Steelers. Been a good tight first half.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Steelers, or should that be Stealers tonight, take it 13-10 in overtime.

Now on to Green Bay on Sunday for the hated Bears. Sounds like a good excuse to stick up some pictures I took at Lambeau last year when the Pack played the Titans. . .

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 121

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wasn't it great to have the NFL back again last night.

Polamanu out for 3-6 weeks is a nasty blow for the Steelers, although it could have been worse. When I saw Crumpler come down and buckle Troys knee I thought it could have been the season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Steelers, or should that be Stealers tonight, take it 13-10 in overtime.

Now on to Green Bay on Sunday for the hated Bears. Sounds like a good excuse to stick up some pictures I took at Lambeau last year when the Pack played the Titans. . .

You lucky person - I really want to go to the Lambeau Field.

But I want 2 feet of snow and -20 degrees when I see the Packers play!

Starry - want to predict Sunday's score?

I'm going 17-13 Packers

Jul 7, 2003
So, with the season just about to start for all but Steelers and Titans fans, how do people think their team will do?

As a Broncos fan I'm not particularly hopeful. Yet to be convinced by Orton, Marshall needs to sort himself out and Moreno is still injured so Prater could be getting most of our points. The key for us is if the new defence works (it couldn't get much worse). We have got some decent defensive players so if the new 3-4 gels then it might keep us in games. I'd be esctatic with 8-8 but realistically I think we'll finish 6-10.

Get to see two live games this year. Have tickets for Wembley and then will also be taking in Chiefs @ Jags while out visiting Billy Mays a couple of weeks later.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So, with the season just about to start for all but Steelers and Titans fans, how do people think their team will do?

Don't care about the season - only two games matter:

Oct 5th Packers @ Vikings
Nov 1st Vikings @ Packers

If the Pack go 2-0 in those games but end the season 2-14 I'll still be happy.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
In response to the question from the DCH the Jags will do better than last year which is not saying much. Funnily enough I have a good feeling about Sunday's opener away to the Colts. Watch that one get shot down!
I will go for something like 8-8 or maybe 9-7. Will be nice if we still have an interest in the season going into November!

Actually as with most residents of NE Florida/Jacksonville I actually care more about the NATIONAL CHAMPION Florida Gators and am very excited about tomorrow's trip to the Swamp for what should be a fairly routine win against Troy. The bookies have Florida as a 34 1/2 point favourite. Should be slightly more interesting than last week's 62-3 win over Charleston Southern at least.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the respective merits of College vs the NFL? Juan? In fairness it's much bigger in the South than the North East.
Think Boston College and Rutgers are pretty much the only teams of any note up there.

Go Gators!

Jul 7, 2003
:clap2:12-7 win for Broncos with an 87yd TD right at the end of the game. Great finished only ruined by the NFL Game Pass crashing out so most people who paid good money to watch their teams missed at least half of the games.:tantrum:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good win by the Giants yesterday against the Redskins, although the Giants didn’t really secure it until Steve Smith gathered Washingtons onside kick with a minute and a half remaining. Half the stadium had left by then.

Great double header coming up tonight. Bills against the Patriots at 7, with the Bills having released Langston Walker – prediction the Patriots by 11. Chargers against the Raiders at 10.15 – prediction Chargers by 9.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
not such a great game for us last night. urlacher is out for the season now as well. might as well quit when we're 0-1

thought cutler was let down a bit by his backs last night - i know they are young and naive but the number of runs started and cut short by knox and bennett last night was pure high school. shame. not used to seeing us throw the ball up so much, better not continue if cutler is so intent on giving away all those interceptions.

fair play to the pack though.

favre looks like a homeless tramp in his vikings jersey. saw some pics on nfl.com and all the younger, toned, muscle ridden QBs then you get favre and he looks like a tramp dressed in a jersey. didn't get to see that game yet but have the gamepass so will have a peek later and see how he did.

did the gamepass crash out for everyone?

billy mays - i am a huge ncaaf fan. we're mizzou tigers here, my brother went to that college and so we have stuck with them ever since, a good win against illinios. we've got a cracking qb - blaine gabbert. he is a sophomore, definitely a name to remember. hoping to get over to a game in october.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You lucky person - I really want to go to the Lambeau Field.

But I want 2 feet of snow and -20 degrees when I see the Packers play!

Starry - want to predict Sunday's score?

I'm going 17-13 Packers

Watching the game throughout this afternoon.
I said to Wifey, 'one day we'll go to Lambeau'.

She gave an 'ok, I can go with that...just', type nod.

Sadly I ruined it by then saying, 'but we can only go to a Dec game, when it's minus a kazillion degrees, and snow'.

It was made quite clear that won't be happening. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here