Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nfl season 2009

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
nope, i had a look like you and decided that what was on offer wasn't worth it. haven't missed out yet with the normal seats sale so will do that on monday.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
nope, i had a look like you and decided that what was on offer wasn't worth it. haven't missed out yet with the normal seats sale so will do that on monday.

Good luck with the scrap for tickets at 10am on Monday and hope you get what you want. I'm going to try for the front rows of Level 5 sideline first (about £80 I think) and if I can't geth them will go for the Level 1 Sidelines instead.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i haven't looked at the price brackets yet. the first game - giants/dolphins i went for the most expensive seats level 1, 5 rows from the front of used seating, next to what is where the players get the fa cup in football, about 20 rows from the actual front of the stand with the netting and it was the worst few. i didn't realise how bad watching nfl at that level would be at wembley, i guess the stadiums in america are steeper or something because at soldier field i get similar seats and the view is fine. we'd have been fine if were about 6 rows further back than we were though.

the other two games we have gone for level five sidleine and have been lucky enough to get front row and then row three which was fine. will definitely be trying for level 5 this time.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Anyone watching the Pro Bowl? Just a warm up act really for the Super Bowl. And hardly the all-star game it is billed as with a lot of players pulling out with ”injuries”- more likely because it is no longer being played in Hawaii !

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yeah, i kept half an eye on the pro bowl but it's a sham to call it a 'game' really.

itszamora - we'll be at the superbash, my brother and i, will send my mobile number across later in the week and if you fancy a beer we can meet up. we're sorted for tickets though, thanks.

i am getting ready to hit refresh from 9.56am this morning, have got my ticketmaster account all updated with new payment info and know exactly what my first choice is so fingers crossed.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
i am getting ready to hit refresh from 9.56am this morning, have got my ticketmaster account all updated with new payment info and know exactly what my first choice is so fingers crossed.

Did you get any Starry? I was very pleased to get Block 552 Row 11 - pretty much midfield and not too far back. I'm quite pleased I didn't get the CW seats I wanted last week as these are pretty good seats and nearly half the price.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
The Pro-bowl really is a joke isn't it? Surely the players (who now have EIGHT months off) can look a bit more interested? How often in a game of NFL is anyone actually injured majorly in a tackle? More often than not the long term injuries are ones that happen off the ball so why can't they look interested for what has the opportunity to be a great game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going to support the Saints for the Super Bowl, after the floods and having never won before they really could do with something good for a change.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Did you get any Starry? I was very pleased to get Block 552 Row 11 - pretty much midfield and not too far back. I'm quite pleased I didn't get the CW seats I wanted last week as these are pretty good seats and nearly half the price.

pretty similar seats to you, just opposite, block 526 row 11 also. i'm pleased, they are good seats. after i had completed my order i went back through to see what was still available using my brothers pin code just in case front row came up or something and any seats i would have been happy with were already sold out (or not on sale) so we did well i think.

and as for the superbowl - geaux saints! looking forward to it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Any one else in the States doing Super Bowl boxes at work. We’ve got a pool of 500 bucks with payouts of 250 at the 4th and the rest split between the other 3 quarters. Some of the Irish bars in Brooklyn are charging $200 a box giving a pool of twenty grand. As the Jets are now out of the Super Bowl pool it adds a bit of interest.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
What is it with the whole "geaux" thing in Louisiana? It might be the Gator fan in me and my all round loathing of LSU but I can't get behind the Saints for some reason. Hopefully the Colts will win an exciting high scoring game. Manning is a class act.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm taking Monday off as usual to watch it in the comfort of my living room, starts at 8am or 9am here in Perth, a bit confudsed what with all the daylight saving shinanigins - bit of a tradition for me, very civilised.
Whilst I usually go for the AFC team in deference to my hapless Dolphins (how good were they when Channel 4 got us all into it - Marino with Duper & Clayton to throw to, awesome stuff), but this year I'll break the trend and go for The Saints as god knows the good folk of New Orleans could do with some cheering up.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What is it with the whole "geaux" thing in Louisiana? It might be the Gator fan in me and my all round loathing of LSU but I can't get behind the Saints for some reason. Hopefully the Colts will win an exciting high scoring game. Manning is a class act.

I'm guessing it's to do with the whole French ancestry in the place. Cold be wrong though. I'd like the Saints to win, but I think the Colts will.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The end of an era yesterday when they started demolishing the old Giants Stadium. The Jets and the Giants will be playing in their new stadium later this year at the Meadowlands complex. Supposed to be the 2nd biggest stadium in the NFL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here