Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nfl season 2009

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Another tragic death within the NFL, as you say Gritt, happens far too often. On the face of it this one sounds very straight forward but something doesn't really add up with it. 20 year old girl to commit a murder/suicide, i'm not so sure.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
something doesn't really add up with it. 20 year old girl to commit a murder/suicide, i'm not so sure.

I know what you mean, and that was my first reaction. But I also read that they were pulled over by the police about 48 hts earlier and she was charged with DUI. BUT the police reported it as being the influence of drugs not drink.

So, if we are talking a young cokehead, flippin out in a drug-fuelled rage, it's suddenly more plausible.

What a tragic way for this thread to be starting off.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yes, i read that as well Gritt.

seems to be a lot of them get into bother - a few years ago when we went over for a bears game we were talking in a bar and they were saying that so many of these kids get scholarships at college level that literally lift them from real ghetto/gangland situations and that they never really make a proper break away from it.

i remember when darrant williams was killed just a few hours after he played.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
so, michael vick is now an eagle.

preseason starts tomorrow for us at the bills. been looking forward to this for a long time, last season feels like it is a long way away now.

as far as i know sky, espn and the nfl are still unagreed on tv coverage for next season. have signed up again for the gamepass myself (no tv or sky at home anyway) and last season it was top notch. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
That's an interesting one, didn't see many experts predict that.

Just had a quick watch of the highlights from the Steelers first game last night and it's always amazing to see the difference compared to a real game. The tacking is much more like rugby where they actually grab the receivers rather than proper hits like normal.

Well and truly got me excited for the new season though!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think its a good move for Vick - McNabb is a bit of a sicknote and he'll get game time but theres no pressure on him to get the job done straight away.

Whats Gamepass like then? I couldn't possibly afford it, but even if I could, I quite like watching different teams each week - think watching the Bills each week on top of the Albion could really do my head in!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
At the moment i've got Sky in my bedroom but we're having to move in the next 2 months and are likely to end up somewhere with a communal dish and therefore only 1 Sky feed for the living room. This is making me lean towards getting the Gamepass, how much does it work out at once it's done in proper money, i guessed at about £180 for the full one?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think I will get into this again this season. How do you guys pick which team to support?
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to yank footy but i was thinking of going for the Seatle Seahawks ( bit like the Seagulls). Are they any good?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Errrrrr, no. I would suggest to just watch some games on Sky and pick the team you most enjoy watching (or probably the ones who have the fittest cheerleaders)

That would be the New York Jets

Attachments

• jets.jpg
    jets.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 139

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Errrrrr, no. I would suggest to just watch some games on Sky and pick the team you most enjoy watching (or probably the ones who have the fittest cheerleaders)

Erm I think you will find the Seahawks are very good and probably one of the most consistent playoff teams in the last few years (apart from last when we lost half a team to injury)

Just because you CHEATED your way to the superbowl victory against us...

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Agree with Reinelt12 about the seahawks being good. I think they are strong contenders this year. Brady at NE is looking a bit nervous in the game I saw today and my beloved Cowboys sucked against the worst team in the NFL in the Raiders. Should be an interesting open season this year and can not wait for it to start. NFL package for me which means I get every game woohoo :)
lets just hope the Cowboys ( whom have the hottest cheerleaders by the way ) get in a good receiver or they are in for a tough season :(

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
favre is now a viking. i thought he had decided to retire. not too worried about what that means for our division, the first three or four years he ripped into the bears when he was at the packers but since then we've been on top of him. goodbye tavaris! not sure what favre has left in the tank, he will either be superb or it will be car crash football!

agree about the seahawks as well. you have to remember they are stuck up there on the far west coast and no one ever really talks about them, that sort of appeals to me though. favourites for their division but that is nothing new, they are in a pretty weak division. their fans are pretty immense and loud, i went to a bears game at qwest field about four years ago and the seahawk fans really are impressive. they call them the twelfth men for a reason, they even retired the number 12 jersey because of them. you could pick a lot worse than the seahawks. they have a new coach this year - jim mora. he'll do alright.

can i sell the chicago bears to you? the monsters of the midway? one of only two original franchises still in existence, we were formed in 1919 (the cardinals is the other franchise btw) the rest of the teams are just new kids on the block ;) we have won the most regular and post season games, more than any other franchise, and we have the most players in the hall of fame. despite all that we have only won the superbowl once, always seem to fall at the final (or close!) hurdle. we made up one of the best sports songs too
YouTube - The Super Bowl Shuffle:The Bears
and that team was simply immense.

lots of history at the bears! the seahawks have only been around since 1976.

anyway, the gamepass...

i purchased the all team one because it is only 15 or so more than the single team pass. it was $240 which worked out about £160 so not too bad for the whole season, all the games at any time, the archive stays up all season, i watched some week 1 games in about week 15. like i said we do not have a tv at home so it is invaluable to me. the picture quality/streaming has always been fine for me, i am not sure if that is dependant on your internet connection but i have never been let down. it never buffers and just plays right through. i think on the website you can do a pc test before you pay to make sure your connection/pc can run the videos.

i really recommend it, especially if sky/espna/nfl don't manage to sort any tv coverage.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
i really recommend it, especially if sky/espna/nfl don't manage to sort any tv coverage.

Is it not on sky this year then????? You've just given me a massive fright!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
TV Update - NFL UK Forums

This thread has done 67 pages in 2 weeks and there's still no confirmation. I'm sure something will be sorted because there's no way NFL will risk having nothing on this year just as they really get into the International Series and the push for a bigger global audience.

For christs sake, I subscribed to sky without really being able to afford it purely because of the NFL. They'd better get it sorted. Grrrrrr.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
TV Update - NFL UK Forums

This thread has done 67 pages in 2 weeks and there's still no confirmation. I'm sure something will be sorted because there's no way NFL will risk having nothing on this year just as they really get into the International Series and the push for a bigger global audience.

That thread says that Channel 4 have highlights rights and a 6pm show every Sunday. Maybe even live Superbowl. What about live games through the season?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Plaxico Buress – the XLII Super Bowl hero for the Giants– has just been jailed for two years for carrying a gun in a New York nightclub. It seems a bit harsh as no one was hurt – apart from him when he managed to shoot himself in the leg. Seems the judge was singling him out because of who he was. It seems strange that he threw away a promising and lucrative career because he felt the need to carry a gun – it’s not like he was in the Bronx when it happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here