New striker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Theres a player who has come on as sub and scored at The top 2 in the championship.Must be worth a go surely.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Trigger said:
I'll settle for a loan striker until the end of the season.

No new striker = League One football in August, FACT.

As said by Fake Slim earlier this is getting boring. For one thing, you are wrong. It is your opinion, not a fact. The fact is that we are currently outside the bottom three.

I do agree that we will probably struggle without a new striker but we have survived against the odds before and will do again. No need to give up at the beginning of February.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Rather perplexed over not making a move for Lee Peacock or Jon Parkin ... although I'm not sure how much Hull paid for the latter, may be out of our price range.

I need teepee

Jul 30, 2005
Hove
Even though it has gone quiet, doesn't mean the coaching staff at Brighton aren't working their socks off to find a goalscoring striker.

In my experience if its quiet, something is about to happen.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dougal said:
I'm sorry but the wages is excuse is simply not true. We have lost arguably our main striker freeing up 6k in wages. This was not expected and we had previously expected to keep paying these wages for the foreseeable future. Dick Knight also said we had some money available to strengthen so we DO have money for wages.

That is now. I was talking about the summer.
The wages for Alan Lee were in the Seagull programme which was why I was able to quote them directly.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Repugnant Toad said:
Rather perplexed over not making a move for Lee Peacock or Jon Parkin ... although I'm not sure how much Hull paid for the latter, may be out of our price range.

Parkin was either £150k or £250k,but too much for us.

The fact that no-one higher than Swindon wanted him surely vindicates that decision.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
I'm sure there are plenty of strilers out there playing in Premiership reserve games, just waiting to play some first team, competative football. Maybe loaning one of these till the end of the seaon is the answer and then in the summer looking at strikers out of contract.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
Nobody higher than Bristol Rovers Reserves wanted Bobby Zamora so that knocks that theory on the head

He was still very much a youngster then.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
paddy said:
I'm sure there are plenty of strilers out there playing in Premiership reserve games, just waiting to play some first team, competative football. Maybe loaning one of these till the end of the seaon is the answer and then in the summer looking at strikers out of contract.

Probably fair point, but chances are they aren't a 6ft lump. Premiership teams rarely produce target men, they come through the divisions

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But as toad said Peacock is the type of player Brighton should be after.

He is better than anything You can put out as a strike partnership.

Ckr maybe better HOWEVER you need two strikers.

Stumpy Tim

Barnet Seagull said:
Probably fair point, but chances are they aren't a 6ft lump. Premiership teams rarely produce target men, they come through the divisions

Arsenal have a young (Danish I think) target man playing for their reserves and he's scoring a bundle. No idea why we don't grab him on loan? Seems strange that we are supposed to have major access to Arsenal, and haven't used it for two years.

One thing I also don't understand. CKR is our best natural striker left in the squad. His best performance came when he played alongside OGH against Hull, which we won. And yet I don't think they've started a game up-front together since. Surely it's worth a look??

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stumpy Tim said:
Arsenal have a young (Danish I think) target man playing for their reserves and he's scoring a bundle. No idea why we don't grab him on loan? Seems strange that we are supposed to have major access to Arsenal, and haven't used it for two years.

One thing I also don't understand. CKR is our best natural striker left in the squad. His best performance came when he played alongside OGH against Hull, which we won. And yet I don't think they've started a game up-front together since. Surely it's worth a look??

Any strike partnership is good. as long as its given a chance

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Given a chance its more likely to score than if you keep on swaping.

*note to mcghee if reading, PLEASE for the love of god dont try the above.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Stumpy Tim said:
McCammon & McPhee?

Both shit.They need to be got shot off

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:shootself

Last edited:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Gregorz Rasiak - possible loan move.

Excellent target man, struggling to break into the Tottenham team, PROVEN at this level. Jol would probably be ok with him going out and regaining some form?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports