Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I can't see us signing anybody now, and in some respects I'd almost be worried if we did as I can't help think it would be clutching at straws at this late stage.

If we were going to sign someone it would have happened in the first half of January - unless MM can pull out a last minute gem from somewhere I think we're stuck with what we've got. I reckon the fact that in the 3rd week of the month he suddenly goes up to Nuneaton to watch a non league forward pretty much sums it up.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stumpy Tim said:
Arsenal have a young (Danish I think) target man playing for their reserves and he's scoring a bundle. No idea why we don't grab him on loan? Seems strange that we are supposed to have major access to Arsenal, and haven't used it for two years.

One thing I also don't understand. CKR is our best natural striker left in the squad. His best performance came when he played alongside OGH against Hull, which we won. And yet I don't think they've started a game up-front together since. Surely it's worth a look??

I think we may have to join a queue for him. I think his name is Bendtner(sp). Anyway who says any player like that would want to come to us? If you had the choice of being coached by top quality coaches and playing on good facilities why would you choose a struggling championship club playing at a half full athletics track?

A relegation is not something you really want to be experiencing in your first half season of football!

CKR hasn't scored when starting but has scored 5 from the bench. I think hes best used a sub at the moment. Although it might be worth giving him and OGH at least a 3-4 game run to seeif something comes from it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyHitler said:
No chance, we turned down a bid from Norwich and we need him, all though he is gash.

Lee Barnard however....
He's the one who didn't impress on loan at Stevenage and orient?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
bendtner would be good. but i think damanclay has a good point on that. unless wenger sends him out to get experiance. a struggling team could also be a good form of experiance for him. depends on what attitude he has to prove to wenger.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:

CKR hasn't scored when starting but has scored 5 from the bench. I think hes best used a sub at the moment. Although it might be worth giving him and OGH at least a 3-4 game run to seeif something comes from it.

But that would be like saying Bobby hasn't scored for West Ham at home, therefore they should only play him away...

If the guy's fit, confident and clearly finding the net, we should play him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Martlet said:
But that would be like saying Bobby hasn't scored for West Ham at home, therefore they should only play him away...

If the guy's fit, confident and clearly finding the net, we should play him.

I just think he really gives defences a problem after OGH and Carole wear them down, and when he comes on with 20-25 mins left he has alot of pace and he just leaves tired defenders for dead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
B.W. said:
Bottom-line... get someone better than we've got in, or face an almost certain relegation...

With this in mind, it's time for our board to (a) put some more cash up to enable MM to bring in a permanent replacement for LK, or (b) leverage their allegedly excellent relationship with Liam Brady and get in a loan from the Gooners (presumably, a cheaper option), or (c) just get a loanee in from somewhere else...

I prefer (a), but I suspect we will get (b) or (c)...

If we do nothing, then I will feel cheated... we let Leon go, and I was one of many who agreed with that... BUT it was obvious then as it is now that we need a replacement before the window closes...

why do we want a loanee from Arsenals' youth, the've lost to Chelsea's and we have won twice against them, so why would they be any better than what we've got?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
he certainly looked the most threatening option we have got when he came on at sheffield.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
McPhee should be given a chance. He's been unlucky with injuries and has a decent touch for a target man. If he plays regularly he might get some goals.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Les Biehn said:
McPhee should be given a chance. He's been unlucky with injuries and has a decent touch for a target man. If he plays regularly he might get some goals.

Sadly i dont think hes good enough, he couldnt score for aldershot and i dont think he has it at this level either.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
PILTDOWN MAN said:
why do we want a loanee from Arsenals' youth, the've lost to Chelsea's and we have won twice against them, so why would they be any better than what we've got?

exactly

it is really clutching at straws to think some 27th choice 17 year old Arsenal striker is going to be ANYWHERE up to the standard we need.

we might as well play Gatting.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Having said that, who'd have thought that an 18year old loanee from Bristol Rovers, who'd be farmed out to Bath City earlier in the year would score 60 goals for us in two years?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Les Biehn said:

He is a pile of dogs muck.He also did bugger all at the Shots either.Play him then we really are hitting hard times

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Arsenal have a young (Danish I think) target man playing for their reserves and he's scoring a bundle. No idea why we don't grab him on loan? Seems strange that we are supposed to have major access to Arsenal, and haven't used it for two years.

Arsenal are still in the League Cup, someone may become available after tonight whatever the result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here