Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Martlet said:
Having said that, who'd have thought that an 18year old loanee from Bristol Rovers, who'd be farmed out to Bath City earlier in the year would score 60 goals for us in two years?

of course

but put him straight in to a struggling Championship team and im sure it would turn out very differently

Dougal said:
the talk of players not wanting to come here while partly valid is surely an excuse , if this was the case how come we atracted the following players all on loan and all in our current predicament ?
the players must be out there....

Trevor Benjamin
Tony Rougier
Steve Sidwell
Ivor Ingarmarson
Darius Henderson

(these off top of my head , sure there are plenty more)

Four of which are NOT good enough at this level

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How'd you work that out?

Henderson banging them in for Watford, Ingimarrson and Sidwell clearly are good enough for this level. ???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Storer68 said:
Four of which are NOT good enough at this level

wtf man?

Trevor Benjamin
Tony Rougier
Steve Sidwell captain of the team walking this league
Ivor Ingarmarson playing for a team wealking this league
Darius Henderson scored 9 goals in this league

the others far enough.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
We could't break our wage structure for a player who had got two goals this season before Saturday. The knock-on effect on team spirit on the rest of the squad would be too damaging.

How do you know that his demands would have broken the wage structure?... you don't... nor do I...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Thierry Henry? We must compare like with like and it's obvious that El Turi isn't on anywhere near what Ispwich can pay Lee.

But we wouldn't have had to waste £150k in agents fees, I suspect... you really need to think before you write...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
PILTDOWN MAN said:
why do we want a loanee from Arsenals' youth, the've lost to Chelsea's and we have won twice against them, so why would they be any better than what we've got?

I don't see how you can take that to mean that their strikers aren't better than ours?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
exactly

it is really clutching at straws to think some 27th choice 17 year old Arsenal striker is going to be ANYWHERE up to the standard we need.

we might as well play Gatting.

Desperate times and all that... and who said anything about their 27th choice striker?... I was hoping for the 26th choice or better!... :)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Kenny Cooper from Man U anyone? - big Yank centre forward, 6' 3", 21 yrs old - has a first team squad number this season but hasn't used it - scored regularly for their reserves

played a few games for Oldham on loan last year and banged in 3 in 5 starts

just a thought - Man Utd appear to be happy to have us working with their youngsters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not disputing the figure as during Brian Hortons reign I was asked to look at a Chelsea Reserve Central Defender, can't remember his name at the moment but he eventually finished up at Bristol Rovers, at the time he was the lowest paid player in Chelsea reserves and was on £6.5k per week.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I am not disputing the figure as during Brian Hortons reign I was asked to look at a Chelsea Reserve Central Defender, can't remember his name at the moment but he eventually finished up at Bristol Rovers, at the time he was the lowest paid player in Chelsea reserves and was on £6.5k per week.

Really? 6.5K a week seems alot of cash for a reserve! I take it that they did not have many young players in the reserves.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Andy Campbell?

Striker Andy Campbell has signed a deal to end his Cardiff City contract early.
"I've confidence in my ability, I still have a lot to offer a football league club," Campbell - linked with a move to Newport - told the South Wales Echo.

Campbell, 26, got the play-off goal to take Cardiff to the Championship in 2003 but has failed to justify a 2002 move from Middlesbrough for £950,000.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just remembered his name it was David Lee and the match was at BBC Sports Ground Motspur Park and Ruud Gullit was manager in 1997/98 season or possibly 96/97 season.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
he used to be good, perhaps MM can get him into shape, after all he will be cheap and thats criteria number 1 met

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here