N.S.C weight watchers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They both serve completely different purposes. Cardio improves cardiac and pulmonary circulation, weight training builds muscle strength and mass. Resistance training is a good halfway house, gets you toned and can leave you gasping for breath at the end.
).

Loads of benefits to weight/resistance training (both the same thing in my book) You still burn loads of calories by lifting weights, as your muscles get bigger your metabolism speeds up and you burn fat quicker, and you look much better for it as well. Personally in this situation I'd start by doing the big 5 (Squat, Bench press, Shoulder press, Deadlift and Chin-up) twice a week, you don't even need to be pushing big weights, just go to exhaustion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm good thank you fella, hungry but good :)
That post was totally out of order, having a cheap pop at you is one thing, but your wife as well? just nasty.

Mate one tip...never be hungry. A pink lady apple is 50 calories and with a glass of water will fill you up. In the morning, try those alpen porridge pots ....no milk, just water and they are excellent and will keep you going till lunch...236 calories.

Re eating a curry...that is fine, but try and stick inside the calorie limit. All fast foods, especially pizza are very high in calories..

Well done...keep it going.

C

CT1

I know it's a bit girly, but is anyone else trying to shed some lard? Two weeks ago i weighed in at 17 half stone, I've been seriously on it and lost 6 pounds but I'm bloody starving all time. My favourite time posting on here is late at night and raiding the treat cupboard or making a sandwich and I can't and its bloody killing me.
If you fancy, use this thread to update on your deporkification

I went from weighing 15 stone to 11 and a half stone in three months. I went from eating thousands of calories a day (more than 4 thousand some days and easily more than 70g of fat each day) to starving myself (litteraly some days) for three months. Most days i was eating just one meal. I was going on runs as well and one day I fainted and my mum had to take me to hospital!

Pretty stupid of me but I was 15 (last year). What fat kid at that age isn't despearate to be slim! Its a very quick way to shed the pounds so you can go back to eating your beloved food again (but this time in moderation). It wasn't even that hard because you see the results almost over night. Your stomach shrinks too so when you go back to eating normally you cant over indulge because its not comfortable.

I advise it if you want to lose the weight very fast and just care about not being fat rather than just being healthy. Obviously its better than being fat because you don't have a high colestoral and you can breath properly etc but for some people it leads to binge eating which results in even more weight gain.

Not healthy, not safe, but your no longer fat.

Don't get me wrong its far from a healthy way to loose weight, infact probably the worst. But if your only

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm good thank you fella, hungry but good :)
That post was totally out of order, having a cheap pop at you is one thing, but your wife as well? just nasty.

Well, these things happen. I hope it made him feel better.

The hunger can be a bugger. I combat it with two litres of sparkling water and chewing gum during fasting days, and it seems to work for me.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I'm going to use this thread as inspiration for me.

I'm 34 and have always been overweight, I'm 5'10 and currently weigh in at 17st3, my only Saving grace is that I'm on the big built side with a wide shoulders and a large chest so I appear to carry it quite well.

I've been steadily putting on weight since I moved flat last summer, I think part of the problem is that I went off lager and started drinking cider which is more "calorific"

A month ago I decided to do something about it and began cycling to work, it's about 5 miles round trip and hilly both ways and takes about half an hour in total. I've managed to cut out the drink Sunday to Thursday but I can't bring myself to cut it out completely so still drink on a Friday and Saturday.

Im a CNC setter/operator as a job so I spend all day on my feet and am always moving around the workshop getting materials out and heavy lifting so its not as if I'm sitting at a desk all day.

My weekday diet is......

2 weetabix with semi skim milk as breakfast
A tin of soup mid morning.
A sandwich (2 slices of white bread) which is normally a ham or cheese salad
Banana and 2 apples.
Whatever she cooks for dinner, but I've made her start making them smaller.

On the weekends without football I usually drink 9 pints or so but if I'm going to the football it will be more. I don't eat as much on weekends and never eat crisps or chocolate, I never have, I must've been the only kid in the world who didn't like them!!!!

I do a lot of overtime at work and am currently working 7am to 7pm, which tires me out as it is so any extra exercise such as gym etc is difficult as I never get any free time.

When the weather warms up I shall stop the soup and eat more fruit during the day.

I've been doing this for a month now and I still weigh 17st.

I could do with some suggestions on what to change or anything I can do to help bearing in mind my working routine???

Cut the beer. Switch to skimmed milk (I used to think skimmed milk on cereal was vile but don't really notice the difference) switch away from cheese as your sandwich

Is there anyway that you can incorporate exercise into getting to and from work. It's really made a difference to me in cycling for part of my commute.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Cut the beer. Switch to skimmed milk (I used to think skimmed milk on cereal was vile but don't really notice the difference) switch away from cheese as your sandwich

Is there anyway that you can incorporate exercise into getting to and from work. It's really made a difference to me in cycling for part of my commute.

I do cycle now, about 5 miles a day to and from work. I'm hoping weight watchers is gong to help. Hopefully starting next week. I can live without cheese in all honesty. I need milk as I loathe yoghurt so need something in tea and cereal.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
so trying this fasting 2 days, eat normally the other 5.... got to say my stomach thinks my throat has been cut... starving doesn't describe it !!! so far had a banana, lots of water & got miso soup to look forward to for lunch....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do cycle now, about 5 miles a day to and from work. I'm hoping weight watchers is gong to help. Hopefully starting next week. I can live without cheese in all honesty. I need milk as I loathe yoghurt so need something in tea and cereal.

Try eating wholemeal bread instead of white bread which has a lot of sugar in it. It also fills you up more.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Okay, weigh day this morning and a massive dissappointment to be up half a pound.
Like others, been too indulgent over the last 20 years and tubby belly syndrome is well established.
53, 5ft 11 and at Xmas 17st 3lbs.

Regime, trimmed down on fat and carbs, sort of on the slimming world diet.
3 days a week in the gym after work and then skipping the evening meal on that day.
Only drinking water at work instead of the 7-8 cups of coffee previously.
Have been doing semi -skimmed milk/ no sugar / no salt / flora / low fat stuff for years with very little [noticeable] benefit.
So, since Xmas lost 10lbs but most in week one.

To have gone up slightly having suffered the discomfort of feeling constantly peckish and forcing myself to eat fruit and labour in the gym for 3 hours this week is hugely disheartening. Part of my problem is that I'm insulin dependent diabetic and the insulin I have to inject does make my fat reserve / processing somewhat different to Mr Normal.

Just so despondent to not be seeing the results I'd hoped for ....
Is the gastric band my answer?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so trying this fasting 2 days, eat normally the other 5.... got to say my stomach thinks my throat has been cut... starving doesn't describe it !!! so far had a banana, lots of water & got miso soup to look forward to for lunch....

I know a few people doing this....the only real problem is that when you come off it, unless you are very careful, you could end up binging as your body thinks it is only expecting 500 calories when you get back to 2000.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I know you have 500 cals to spare with some variations of the diet, but I prefer to go without everything. The minute I eat something I'm starving. But when I don't, I get through it.

Good luck. I've been on it for six months and it gets easier.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Started slimming world this week !!:O:O:O

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Have got passed the morning pangs - the soup was nicer than expected (so a small bonus)
Chewing gum has helped too.....
I am just really trying to kick start the metabolism, stuck on 1/2 stone lost & hungry (pardon the pun) for more !

I know you have 500 cals to spare with some variations of the diet, but I prefer to go without everything. The minute I eat something I'm starving. But when I don't, I get through it.

Good luck. I've been on it for six months and it gets easier.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All fruit and most vegetables on weight watchers pro points are no points so you can eat as many as you wish per day. I usually have 2 braeburn apples and 2 oranges per day. When ever I am feeling peckish I have an apple or orange or both..

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm 49, 18.5 stone and 5'11 but I'm big boned (no, actually, I'm just fat).
Started trying to lose a bit a couple of weeks ago and so far have given up alcohol at home (don't go out a lot, maybe once a week). also trying to reduce food intake and do a bit of exercise but I need to start slowly and build up.
Worst thing for me is snacking whilst working and that's gonna be a really hard habit to break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports