Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

N.S.C weight watchers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Have blueberries in your cereal and a couple of cups of green tea a day is my advice. Green tea isn't the best taste but the fruit flavoured ones are OK.

I have 50 gms of musilie with blueberries which is around 236 calories. I have also taken to the Alpen porridge Pots, which again are around 240 calories and really fills you up.

What I am really chuffed about is going from a 40 ins waist to 36 waist in Levi's

I feel so much better in myself. I have to try and not appear smug..it is hard work once you have got over the initial rush of weight loss and then it levels out...that is when it gets hard.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So am I a fat bastard or not, approaching 50, around 13 stone and 34 inch waist

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have 50 gms of musilie with blueberries which is around 236 calories. I have also taken to the Alpen porridge Pots, which again are around 240 calories and really fills you up.

What I am really chuffed about is going from a 40 ins waist to 36 waist in Levi's

I feel so much better in myself. I have to try and not appear smug..it is hard work once you have got over the initial rush of weight loss and then it levels out...that is when it gets hard.

Totally agree. It does get tougher. But at the same time you're acutely conscious that you don't want to go back up to where you were before, so you sort of check yourself before, say, ordering double Dominos Tuesday, and make smart choices over what you eat or don't eat, almost without thinking. Personally I'm quite happy if my weight flatlines from here on in, cos it can't and shouldn't keep going down forever.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yes, yes you are...you fat bastard.

I love you deeply though

Xxxxxxxx

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

It should not be hard,perhaps (for me it would be if i had to count calories) but the hard work will be done,it then should become fun,well it is for me and it is because i will not tolerate eating too much rubbish anymore,i will not go back,yet i can eat what i like,yet choose to eat healthy now,mainly due to other health problems i have had,but have gone due to sensible diet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Totally agree. It does get tougher. But at the same time you're acutely conscious that you don't want to go back up to where you were before, so you sort of check yourself before, say, ordering double Dominos Tuesday, and make smart choices over what you eat or don't eat, almost without thinking. Personally I'm quite happy if my weight flatlines from here on in, cos it can't and shouldn't keep going down forever.

One of the issues I am going to have is on board ship at Easter. I normally put on around half a stone with extra drink and meals, but now I am conscious of what I eat, hopefully, it won't be as bad as that...people do hit the gym on board, but I have never been arsed....lounge around the pool in 40 c drinking virgin pina colada ( without alcohol and like a slush puppy) or pound away in the gym.....No contest really

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

yeah but what are your stats come match day at 1650 hours? Double the age 14 stone and a 40 waist no doubt.. :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of the issues I am going to have is on board ship at Easter. I normally put on around half a stone with extra drink and meals, but now I am conscious of what I eat, hopefully, it won't be as bad as that...people do hit the gym on board, but I have never been arsed....lounge around the pool in 40 c drinking virgin pina colada ( without alcohol and like a slush puppy) or pound away in the gym.....No contest really

Same. My bruv and family usually ask me if I want to go along on their all-inclusive holidays. Sometimes I do, and its always half a stone that gets put on in a week. But what can you do? :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
yeah but what are your stats come match day at 1650 hours? Double the age 14 stone and a 40 waist no doubt.. :lolol:

I doubt it as I rarely have a pie unless it is substituting a meal and don't partake of drinkies at home games

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
All joking aside,i have found myself "forcing" down the greens in all shapes and sizes,i urge you to look on the internet the importance of the human digestive system,and what Greens can do for you.

Recently i had a spinach flan type goats cheese tart with pine nuts from a health shop,tasted? ok but boy did my body love it,learn to listen to your body,i had no digestive problems,no heart burn,excess acid etc.

If you have any underlying health problems,many can stem from poor diet,not all,but many,your guts (how's that breakfast btw?) in particular the colon are like the bodies sewage system.

I should know,i have had athlete's foot and blotches all over me,cured by diet changes alone,also last years health (funny not a single doc asked me about my diet in 15 visits) problems have gone too.

I pretty good with the green stuff, love all fruits and nearly all veggies (apart from celery and cucumber) I always have at least 3 pieces of fruit for lunch and the fridge normally is stocked up with swede, cauli, carrots, broccoli ect. My main problem is eating late at night, and raiding the the buscuit barrel with cups of tea.
That's great news about your diet btw, as you were suffering with your health last year.

P.s, my weight loss tip of the day, have a big poo before your weigh in, it can make all the difference.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Started eating better, breakfast consists of fruit and yoghurt unfortunately do have too many take aways and too much beer. Cycle 12 miles round trip to work 4 days a week. Start the gym on Monday. Going to try no acohol Monday to Thursday. Play golf every week, weather permitting and playing squash minimum of once a week. Hoping I will notice a difference and stay of the beer weekdays. Using myfitnesspal app and looks like it will give me the motivation, although it said I need to do 1200 calories a day!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Have blueberries in your cereal and a couple of cups of green tea a day is my advice. Green tea isn't the best taste but the fruit flavoured ones are OK.

I've made two big changes to lose weight. No eating after my main meal with the family at 6p.m. And i'm not a breakfast person and only usually have a glass of juice in the morning , but loads of people have told me that breakfast is an esential part of weight loss so I make myself have a bowl of cereal before flying off to work in the morning. so I'll try the blueberries and green tea thing, Cheers

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All i know is i am grateful,truly grateful i have had the "wake up" call i needed,for me,it works for me and selfishly in that respect i am happy,beyond belief with my personal results.

To begin with it was all about weight,it now is all about well being and health,were you in my shoes you would understand,that said others can only take the path themselves and it is their choice.

I could give you a tip to increase penis size,stamina and sex drive,but i won't,study deeply into health and you will find it,seek and you will find,a clue? well it can be found within the Oceans of the world.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just wondering, is there anybody on the planet who actually likes the taste of green tea?

I have some at home, very occasionally drink it when I remember to, as it is supposed to be good for you. But it is VILE tasting.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Whats the secret to a flatter stomach... everyone is saying how they have dropped waist sizes... I have lost half a stone & yet all my clothes fit the same ! Maybe the moobs have flattened slightly, but the waist... nothing
Have been hiit for 3 weeks every other day for at least 1/2 an hour - help...... please ?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just wondering, is there anybody on the planet who actually likes the taste of green tea?

I have some at home, very occasionally drink it when I remember to, as it is supposed to be good for you. But it is VILE tasting.

Japanese students are the main source of this vile tasting stuff. Usually got some at the back of my cupboard gathering dust

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010

I do actually like it......now, but it took some getting used to it. Clipper Green Tea has the best taste although Tetley Green Tea isn't bad for beginners as it doesn't have quite as strong a flavour!! I have also got into Genmaicha, which is green tea with roasted brown rice and that has a very distinctive yet mild taste.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here