Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

N.S.C weight watchers

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Another tip (I'm told), if you feel peckish drink some water. Sometimes the brain confuses hunger and thirst feelings.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Eat less, exercise more. It's the only answer I reckon. These fad diets are just preying on peoples insecurities.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to weight watchers calories are not an important factor in losing weight. It is more important to control the grams of Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates and Fibre of what you eat.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The ironic thing is, if you are feeling hungry then you are not doing it in the most efficient way.

When losing weight you should NEVER feel hungry. Basically (without this being a patronising lecture) when you are hungry and eat something, your body will CLING onto the first sign of fat molecules that enter your system in a survival-mode instinct.

You want to be eating every 2.5-3 hours. Even if you think "I'm not really feeling like I want to eat now" EAT. Just something. It will keep your metabolism working a FULL efficiency. It means, after time, every time you eat something your body will IMMEDIATELY begin converting it.

Also stick to low GI foods. Don't live on the myth that you need to cut out carbs. Carbs are vital to us. But make sure you eat the right ones. Low GI foods are foods which make our blood sugar levels rise much slower when consumed. Diabetics will aim for low GI foods for obvious reasons. Also try eat high protein food with these low GI foods.

Some ideas for good foods.
Porridge oats.
Wholemeal bread.
Wholewwheat Pasta
Brown Rice

Peanut Butter
Cottage cheese (lovely as a yoghurt alternative with honey)
Tuna, Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Egg whites etc etc.

Sorry for the lecture!

Got any similar tips for putting ON muscle? I try to eat lots of protein but find it difficult to put on muscle.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The problem that an OAP has with a gym is the exorbitant cost. Is any of this available on the nhs as the government are always going on about obesiety

Why do you need a gym? Most people on here are just watching what they eat and going for walks.

I bought a fold up treadmill for abut £80 (the price of a couple of meals out with wine), do fast walking first thing every morning for 30 mins before getting in the shower and it's job done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Eat less, exercise more. It's the only answer I reckon. These fad diets are just preying on peoples insecurities.

Nail. On. Head. It's the diet industry, and it's worth a fortune!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

It is FACT-

I Had an office job,had no breakfast a roll for lunch and a small evening meal and weighed 15 stone,now i have a manual job again,running up and down stairs etc,and eat what i like,have breakfast and weigh in at 12 and a half stone.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
According to weight watchers calories are not an important factor in losing weight. It is more important to control the grams of Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates and Fibre of what you eat.

That's a bit mixed message: see Calories in Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates | CaloriesPerHour.com
There are 4 calories in each gram of Carbohydrate and each gram of Protein
BUT 9 calories in each gram of fat.

Its the mix of these three that is important in a balanced diet, but keeping an eye on overall calorie intake is also important.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Weigh in this morning, 16.4. I was 16.8 last Saturday. I am looking to be around 16st by Easter so well on course.

NHs reckon 2lb a week loss is healthy way and your body will cope.

I have my inr test in two weeks so it will be interesting if my blood composition has changed that much.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Weigh in this morning, 16.4. I was 16.8 last Saturday. I am looking to be around 16st by Easter so well on course.

NHs reckon 2lb a week loss is healthy way and your body will cope.

I have my inr test in two weeks so it will be interesting if my blood composition has changed that much.

You must be quite tall?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well keep going and good luck

Thanks mate. I bought one of those seagulls Lycra training top thing that the players wear under their shirts and I looked like mr incredible in it...it was horrendous. I put it on this morning and it was amazing...

A few years ago in a charity shop in Windsor, I bought a Ralph Loren shirt, which in error I bought a large...at the time I ws xxl. So that is my target to wear it without it pulling. Now I can do so as I have gone down to a large.

I feel a millions time better and I have not really missed anything at all.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks mate. I bought one of those seagulls Lycra training top thing that the players wear under their shirts and I looked like mr incredible in it...it was horrendous. I put it on this morning and it was amazing...

A few years ago in a charity shop in Windsor, I bought a Ralph Loren shirt, which in error I bought a large...at the time I ws xxl. So that is my target to wear it without it pulling. Now I can do so as I have gone down to a large.

I feel a millions time better and I have not really missed anything at all.

You will,April-by the end of April i reckon you'll be out and about in it.

It's good to keep an item that you used to fit into,say an old pair of jeans,with the aim to get back into them,even if when you can fit into them fashion dictates that one may not set foot out of the house,but that's helped me shed the pounds.

It took a while for my brain even when i was 12.5 stone to realise that i was no longer 15 stone,it can be done and one thing leads to another,energy,sex drive,overall well being.

I have recently cut all crap out,well excessively cut down,not to lose weight as i had already done that,but was "Working from the inside out" to flush my body of toxins"and stay healthy.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's my weigh in today and I've dropped 3 pound. Was 17st 2 last week I'm now 16st 13. To celebrate I'm gonna have an extra lettuce leaf for lunch.

All joking aside,i have found myself "forcing" down the greens in all shapes and sizes,i urge you to look on the internet the importance of the human digestive system,and what Greens can do for you.

Recently i had a spinach flan type goats cheese tart with pine nuts from a health shop,tasted? ok but boy did my body love it,learn to listen to your body,i had no digestive problems,no heart burn,excess acid etc.

If you have any underlying health problems,many can stem from poor diet,not all,but many,your guts (how's that breakfast btw?) in particular the colon are like the bodies sewage system.

I should know,i have had athlete's foot and blotches all over me,cured by diet changes alone,also last years health (funny not a single doc asked me about my diet in 15 visits) problems have gone too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here