Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

N.S.C weight watchers

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm beginning to get a bit disillusioned with this. Went to weigh in and put on a pound. God knows how, I've stuck to it religiously this last week, I'm allowed 48 points a day but only usually eat 35, and I cycle 7 miles a day to and from work. And I didn't lose any weight.

What's the point? I pay these people and look of horror on her face last night when I got on the scales doesn't exactly fill you with confidence or motivate me.

Been going for 5 weeks now and have lost a total of 7lbs, I think that's shockingly bad but I don't know where I go wrong.

I've always been overweight, perhaps I'm just supposed to be one of those fat people?

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm beginning to get a bit disillusioned with this. Went to weigh in and put on a pound. God knows how, I've stuck to it religiously this last week, I'm allowed 48 points a day but only usually eat 35, and I cycle 7 miles a day to and from work. And I didn't lose any weight.

What's the point? I pay these people and look of horror on her face last night when I got on the scales doesn't exactly fill you with confidence or motivate me.

Been going for 5 weeks now and have lost a total of 7lbs, I think that's shockingly bad but I don't know where I go wrong.

I've always been overweight, perhaps I'm just supposed to be one of those fat people?

Hoenstly WW does not work for everyone. Me and the wife went on Slimming World. Since I started in August 2012 I have lost nearly three stone. WW is too strict, Slimming World is a lot better. The point counting business and having to buy the Special WW stuff is honestly not needed. What I did was cut out the bread, swapped that for Rivitas for a few months. Swapped the meat for more Veg and Quorn. It's worked for me. I was at nearly 17st. I'm now 14st 1lb.

Slimming World recipes - Healthy Eating - Slimming World

Last edited by a moderator:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Hoenstly WW does not work for everyone. Me and the wife went on Slimming World. Since I started in August 2012 I have lost nearly three stone. WW is too strict, Slimming World is a lot better. The point counting business and having to buy the Special WW stuff is honestly not needed. What I did was cut out the bread, swapped that for Rivitas for a few months. Swapped the meat for more Veg and Quorn. It's worked for me. I was at nearly 17st. I'm now 14st 1lb.

Slimming World recipes - Healthy Eating - Slimming World

I tried slimming world last year, and it didnt work for me, mainly because its nearly all cook from fresh, I can't cook like that, my cooking skills are limited. It would be great but I don't have the time either, I normally work from 7am to 7pm, last thing I want or need after a hard day is to come home and have to cook a meal from scratch.

The point counting from weight watchers I find a lot easier, still have the free foods but you can eat normal stuff, Ive got an app that allows me to work out the points values of normal food using the nutritional value section on food packaging.

I've already decided I'm going to have a drink tonight which means that this week is shot, just need to find some motivation from somewhere.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Eat less/better, exercise more, and it WILL come off, sooner or later. I've found generally when I start on a "health kick" it takes at least 2/3 weeks to make any difference to my weight/shape.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Eat less/better, exercise more, and it WILL come off, sooner or later. I've found generally when I start on a "health kick" it takes at least 2/3 weeks to make any difference to my weight/shape.

I started cycling to work and back in February, at first I did the shortest route but as I've been getting a little fitter I've been increasing my route, I'm now on quite a hilly route that is 7 miles long, in total it takes about 40 minutes of my day. Now I've been eating better for 5 weeks I can't understand why it isn't coming off. Haven't eaten fried food in months anyway, no take aways, eating a lot of fruit during the day. I now eat a breakfast when I never used to. And a smaller healthier d net.

It's confused me and really annoyed me last night!! I need a re think. The only thing I can think of that might affect me is that I stopped smoking and went onto an e-cig last September, since then I've put on 2st which I'm trying desperately to get rid of again, at this rate I'm going to start smoking again if it means I lose weight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had another weigh in last Friday and had stayed the same weight but I have had a week of eating out and drinking so hopefully this week I will have lost some more.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
I started cycling to work and back in February, at first I did the shortest route but as I've been getting a little fitter I've been increasing my route, I'm now on quite a hilly route that is 7 miles long, in total it takes about 40 minutes of my day. Now I've been eating better for 5 weeks I can't understand why it isn't coming off. Haven't eaten fried food in months anyway, no take aways, eating a lot of fruit during the day. I now eat a breakfast when I never used to. And a smaller healthier d net.

It's confused me and really annoyed me last night!! I need a re think. The only thing I can think of that might affect me is that I stopped smoking and went onto an e-cig last September, since then I've put on 2st which I'm trying desperately to get rid of again, at this rate I'm going to start smoking again if it means I lose weight.

Sounds like you're doing everything right to get in shape and lose the pounds. However it is possible with all that cycling that you may be building up the muscle mass in your legs and muscle weighs more that fat.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I'm doing sit ups and press ups at home while listening to the game and posting on here, and women say we can't multitask.
Hardly lost anything last few weeks so I need to really work harder

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

48 Points seems awfully high. My wife is on 30 points and she's 15 1/2 stone

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
48 Points seems awfully high. My wife is on 30 points and she's 15 1/2 stone

I thought so to, but I've checked and the leader has double checked and its right, the minimum for anyone daily is 26+49 weekly points.

For my size and a physical job that's what it works out as, I wondered as my missus is only allowed 26. In theory I could eat exactly the same as her then go up the pub and drink 3 pints of strongbow every day and just about hit my daily points target, and anyone knows you can't lose weight drinking 3 pints a day.

I was really disheartened last week so got drunk weds, thurs, fri and Saturday, and had a Chinese takeaway curry and a Papa John pizza weds and thurs night, stopped riding the bike those days too and I reckon judging by my home scales another 3lbs might have come off so figure that out !!!!

It's weigh in day tomorrow so I'm going to have a chat with her after the meeting and see where any problems lay, I've been tracking all my food so lets see what she has to say.......

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Has anyone read the Dr John Briffa book, "Waist Disposal - the fat loss guide for men"? Essentially pushes a low carb/GI diet. Not sure how robust the science is but what is interesting is when he talks about the importance of how different foods affect your appetite when choosing what to eat eg he questions the effectiveness of having an apple versus a handful of nuts, which will make you feel fuller longer. Been trying it out for 2 weeks now and lost nearly half a stone (started at 14) but he reckons a better measure is measuring your waist (at the height of the belly button), and I've gone from 104cm to 99cm which I'm really pleased with. Might be worth a read for anyone who struggles with calorie counting or hunger? I haven't been hungry at all and challenging myself to cook meals without rice, pasta, bread etc has meant I've been eating far more interestingly, genuinely enjoyed that. Cutting out booze (for now) a lot less enjoyable though, and I have a wedding this week so that's out the window for a day at least!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Are you home scale accurate.

No I'm not. Only got a cheap set.

I weighed myself last night at 16st12 and again this morning at 16st9.5

I know the bodyweight can fluctuate by up to 3lb over the course of a day so lets see what happens tonight. And yes I shall stop using the scales at home. I shall only weigh at the meetings from now on to stop any more crisis of confidence.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It may be worth checking the 48 points worth of food and finding how many calories are being consumed. I know you can't mix diets but it might give a clearer picture as it's common knowledge that around 2500 calories per day is about right for a man

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No I'm not. Only got a cheap set.

I weighed myself last night at 16st12 and again this morning at 16st9.5

I know the bodyweight can fluctuate by up to 3lb over the course of a day so lets see what happens tonight. And yes I shall stop using the scales at home. I shall only weigh at the meetings from now on to stop any more crisis of confidence.

According to my weight watchers leader your weight will vary if taken at 10 am than if taken at 4.30 hence the attendance at meeting at the approximately the same time each week.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I weighed in tonight at 16st 8lb. Very happy, had a chat with my leader and she said I'm not eating enough. Due to me having a physical job I should be eating more:shrug::shrug::shrug:

So I shall up it a bit but I don't know where to make it up, an extra wetabix at brekkie? Extra slice of bread at lunch to make 2 rounds of sandwiches? Slightly bigger dinner? I'm not too sure.

I eat 2 bananas, 2 apples and 2 plums every weekday so adding more fruit is a bit much, I'm "regular" enough as it is bowel wise, any more and I'll spend most of my life on the khazi!!!!!!

I've treated myself to a kebab tonight (chicken shish and lamb shish, no doner) as a present as another 2.5lb came off. As it stands I've lost 10lb total and down to 16st 8lb so I'm happy, hopefully another 2 weeks and it'll be a stone off.

Good times.:clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here