Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

N.S.C weight watchers

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Your diet is quite healthy and it seems appropriate for what calories you expend.

But your starting point is the problem, if you were a fit 13 stone, you would be sailing along nicely retaining your fighting weight.

But your not, your starting point is nearly 18 stone, so you have to decrease your intake or increase your workload, or preferably both.

Unfortunately you will never shift weight downing 9 pints at the weekend, never.

So it might hurt but some changes needed.

Yes I understand that now, I didn't actually join WW until Wednesday. Had my first weigh in and topped the scales at 17st 4lb and to start my daily allowance is 50 points, which seems a massive amount seeing as the missus only has 26.

Got home and went on my scales and weighed in at 17st 4lb so they're pretty accurate.

I've worked out that a pint of sweet cider is 8 points, this point thing is a bit odd as in theory I could just eat what she does in a day on 26 points, go up the pub and drink 3 pints of cider and still not hit my 50 points??????

I don't get paid until next week so can't afford to join the online gumpf yet or the points info and recipe books yet so we're trying to muddle our way through but we still have all our normal food to eat, there's no way I'm going to bin it, I've also had a curry night arranged for tonight with friends so I'm not holding out too much hope for losing this week, saying that, I weighed myself this morning and topped it at 16st 13lb so I'm not sure how or where I lost 5lb in 3 days.

I'm back on the mountain bike for commuting to work next week so I guess it's just wait and see.

If anyone knows any good recipe websites I can have a look at I'd love to know.:thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh come on!!!!!!
Just lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks
Yippee , had no alcohol for 2 whole weeks now
have you tried excersising as well old boy...?? when i go on the wagon and give up piss and treats i loose about 4-5 kg's in a week.......i do have a manual job though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was doing quite well last week - until I suffered a calorific catastrophe at the St. Patrick's Day Massacre :thumbsup:

We ll have bad days,i was sick as a dog and had a hangover from hell,was it worth it is always the question,the answer for that occasion was yes..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was doing quite well last week - until I suffered a calorific catastrophe at the St. Patrick's Day Massacre :thumbsup:

I had 1 bottle of Diet coke all day to celebrate the St Patricks day massacre :( all that torture I went through of not having a drink to celebrate to lose just 4 pounds in 2 weeks :facepalm:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For me this ""points"" scoring thing is nonsense..

Why do you want to lose weight? Why,to look better or for health? If health then just lose the weight,you may not have time to count calories so just lose them.

If to look better,than how about starting the whole process by feeling better,not torturing oneself..

There really is only 1 way to lose weight and that is to eat less and excerscise more,eventually you can eat what you like,if you maintain the word i cannot spell..

..........but here's a thought?

I ask you to walk to the top of the South Downs to lose some weight,whist you climb to the top i ask you to count your every step,i will watch you and count with you,but if you forget or count wrongly,you have to go back 10 steps and start again.......

At the top,is your key,the key to your goal,happiness,desire...

MEANWHILE..

I have another person,who is also being watched,they are running every now and again,when they have run for 5 minutes,they get a rest,a drink,a bite to eat and then they go again,every time they start again they get faster,stronger and so forth,but what if they are tiring? well as if from nowhere a gust of wind seems to aid there climb to the top..

who gets there quicker and who has the most fun?

Me of course,fat buggers i am on top of the world with the bird of their dreams pretending to count steps-ok just kidding.....but never lose sight of where i am..

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm joining late but I'm on this now, have been since last Thursday and have already lost 4lbs by cutting out all the picky snacks and having no beer, been having a cereal breakfast, fruity lunch and chicken n rice for dinner every day, still drinking lots of tea though, I won't cut that out!!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Late to this too but very pleased with myself so thought I'd share.

Eight weeks ago I was a very chunky 15st.6. Now after two months on eating less and exercising for 30 minutes a day I am weighing in at a much more acceptable 14st.1. Hoping to get down to 13st.6 for my 40th birthday in 8 weeks.

Eat less (more fruit and water) and get sweaty every day and it falls off.

The biggest plus side however is how much better you feel generally.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Weigh in again this morning and I have done it, lost 1.5lb which takes me under the 19st for the first time since 1995. Now 18st 13lb very pleased with myself.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I had my second weigh in at WW on weds. I have now lost 6.5lbs and am down to 16st 11lb.

And in all honesty I haven't stuck to it that religiously so something is working. My only change is eating a different dinner to what we're used to. And not drinking mid week. I still drink up the pub on a Friday night and Saturday if I'm going to the football, god knows how it's come off but it is so I'm very happy.

Last Week for instance, weighed in on weds losing 3.5lb. Thursday went up pub and drank 8 pints of strongbow. Friday had 30pts and no alcohol. Away to forest on Saturday and had 6 cans of strongbow for journey, a 3 piece KFC variety meal at services on the way up, 2 bottles of beer at the ground and a BK double whopper meal on the way back. Sunday went into town for an all day drinkathon which is a bank holiday religion with my mates. And stuck to the points til weds and still lost another 3lb :)

This week I've been off work so had no exercise and haven't ridden to work on the bike so expecting to put on at the next weigh in. But I have learned that vodka is 3 points for a 35ml measure and the low calorie tonic is 0 points.

I haven't stuck to 35ml measures tonight and I'm quite pissed but its certainly better than 8 points for each pint of cider.

I'm allowed 50 points daily at the moment and if I don't drink I can't eat all the points. It is literally too much food if you eat the right stuff.Fruit is my key on this diet so far.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The weight watchers points are very generous but are aided by fruit and vegatables which you can eat as much as you like and if like me you are a vegetable man you can quite easily fill yourself up on them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Weigh in last Friday down to 18st 12lb. Son took us out for lunch yesterday and I had a T Bone streak but didn't realize it is so many points which I cant understand A sirloin steak is 8 points for an 8oz one but when checking with weight watchers they said a T Bone is 14 points per 100gm which makes my 20 oz one look silly based on those points.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm trying to put on weight at the moment.

I do hope you're all behind me in my current struggle to try and eat 6-7 meals a day.

Thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Had a bad couple of weeks on the cruise , so I have gone from 16st 4 to 16 st 12 this morning :-(

Unfortunately drinking copious amounts of rum punch, pina colada's, wine and champagne and red stripes is not good coupled with as much food as you can eat and three 5 star speciality restaurants with 6 courses on board is a bad combination.

still back on the healthy stuff again now . I lost it before and will do so again..LOL

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
9 months ago I was diagnosed with colon cancer and I was around the 120kg mark. Following my operation, the subsequent recuperation and of course the chemotherapy medication I managed to pile on the weight literally because I just didn't have any energy.
I must be around the 135kg mark now, the heaviest I've ever been. But this week my medication comes to an end and I can start exercising again. According to the oncologist everything is looking good. So over next 3 or 4 weeks I'm slowly going to start doing something about losing the weight. I'm going to continue with All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret that several NSC users were using a few years back. Hopefully, I should have lost a considerable amount by the time I return to the UK for a holiday in September.
The funny thing is that since my diagnosis I have been off the sauce and don't really miss it even though my sauna fridge is fully stocked and I have another 3 cases (around 24ltrs) under my kitchen table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here