Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More train misery (WHU & Newcastle (home games))

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looks like train tracker updated - last train north 21.10 but does not stop at Hassocks / Burgess Hill
Four trains an hour between Brighton and Lewes it looks like or tomorrow.
So with the last train heading north from Brighton at 21.10 and four trains an hour to connect with it running from Falmer . . . well that's very different from no trains at all isn't it?

Or am l missing something?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
So with the last train heading north from Brighton at 21.10 and four trains an hour to connect with it running from Falmer . . . well that's very different from no trains at all isn't it?

I was speaking to train staff at Falmer a few days ago and he said that he thinks there will be some trains and park & ride buses and the normal buses.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I think this is why people should wait and see before worrying about there being no trains at all...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I may be wrong, often am, but l thought this was a work to rule, or an overtime ban, not a strike at all.
You are indeed wrong :lolol:, tomorrow is an RMT Strike (guards and dispatch), then next Friday is an ASLEF Ban (drivers), then Saturday is an RMT Strike, with an ASLEF Work to Rule/Overtime Ban. I’m not surprised you can’t keep up, as this is my job to keep track of these and even I get confused.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Having pre-booked and paid for a Taxi having found trains [are/may/substitute any word you think fits here running] has p155ed me well off, of course im pleased for others. It would've been a gamble waiting to see and all indications were naff all running even the club announced as such - how the fvck does anyone plan a simple attend a football match these days - its all become so much hassle im already thinking I will give (except Euro) cup games a miss. I enjoyed Wolves away but even that was a load of hassle with the post and delivery of tickets. The trains were not great either but at least they did operate, slowly!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
tbf I was one of them😆, I even put my ticket on exchange but then I changed my mind.
I wonder if it wil put ppl off placing tickets on the exchange in future or at least hold back to last minute and a scramble for tickets?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Having pre-booked and paid for a Taxi having found trains [are/may/substitute any word you think fits here running] has p155ed me well off, of course im pleased for others. It would've been a gamble waiting to see and all indications were naff all running even the club announced as such - how the fvck does anyone plan a simple attend a football match these days - its all become so much hassle im already thinking I will give (except Euro) cup games a miss. I enjoyed Wolves away but even that was a load of hassle with the post and delivery of tickets. The trains were not great either but at least they did operate, slowly!
I hate to be a bore, but I did say that the timetable that was running on national rail, was the timetable that was running.
I’d you look at national rail enquiries, and real time trains, there are currently scheduled trains running back after the game.
Do a plan to run trains, or run nothing at all, you cant win eh.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You are indeed wrong :lolol:, tomorrow is an RMT Strike (guards and dispatch), then next Friday is an ASLEF Ban (drivers), then Saturday is an RMT Strike, with an ASLEF Work to Rule/Overtime Ban. I’m not surprised you can’t keep up, as this is my job to keep track of these and even I get confused.
Yes well . . . good luck with that!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was in Germany recently and the train I was on didn.t even have a driver. I assume that would not go down well with unions here.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Was in Germany recently and the train I was on didn.t even have a driver. I assume that would not go down well with unions here.
I used to use the DLR when I worked in London and those trains are driverless. They do have someone operating the doors though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We're in the S/W corner for the Toon game. Will we just be able to walk past the away fans to get the to Racecourse P&R busses or will we be made to walk all the way round the stadium. Only other time I've used P&R we were in the South East which was handy.
Are you referring to the fat beer bellied northerners blocking the pathway?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think I did explain earlier on this thread how we don’t have the technology that, that train runs on in this country, so either way it can’t run.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I've just stood in the pissing rain at the barriers at Portslade Station - typically they were down to let TWO trains go through. I'm now drinking heavily in the Railway watching Plucky, and it's trains CENTRAL.

Strike ? What strike ?
Still, it's f*cked everyones plans up, which is the main aim I suppose.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well I've just stood in the pissing rain at the barriers at Portslade Station - typically they were down to let TWO trains go through. I'm now drinking heavily in the Railway watching Plucky, and it's trains CENTRAL.

Strike ? What strike ?
Still, it's f*cked everyones plans up, which is the main aim I suppose.
The advance notice was trains on that line are running but stop about 5pm so you’ll have fun getting back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here