Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More train misery (WHU & Newcastle (home games))

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Train back from Wolves delayed because of trespassers on the tracks: you couldn't make it up 😂

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It's been a good few decades since pubbing along the Lewes Road. Where exactly was the Race Hill as I was sure it was at the top of Elm Grove. My memory isn't as good these days.:rolleyes:
Edit: Question for @Gwylan.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Given up on nagging you now about the benefits of the 49 bus. It even goes to where you want to end up.

Some people just won't help themselves :shrug:

You reported some stupidly long walk last Saturday. I bailed out of that crap train queue when it was obvious it was going nowhere anytime soon. Walked 15 minutes to 49 bus stop. Bus was half empty. I had a choice of double seats. About 15 minutes later I was in the middle of town. Why not educate yourself and maybe save yourself a whole world of avoidable pain :dunce:
Just seen this.
The 49 saved the day for us, I knew the 49 went through Moulsescoomb but couldn’t remember exactly which road nearest the Amex. A quick walk and look at the phone and we found the bus waiting at the stop.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's been a good few decades since pubbing along the Lewes Road. Where exactly was the Race Hill as I was sure it was at the top of Elm Grove. My memory isn't as good these days.:rolleyes:
Edit: Question for @Gwylan.
It was on Lewes Rd, at the bottom of Elm Grove but on the west side of the street. It's now a medical centre.

There was a pub at the top of Elm Grove that I thought had closed down but, apparently, has just changed its name

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Some ppl strike (no pun intended) it lucky; think you can get back to Seaford post match but not Worthing for example.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Yes. We know already.

There are trains to Falmer before and after the game.

The last train back to Worthing from Brighton though leaves before the game has even started.
Yep and can’t wait for the smug experiences from those who manage to snaffle a parking space or can walk/cycle home!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yep and can’t wait for the smug experiences from those who manage to snaffle a parking space or can walk/cycle home!
Most fit people could manage to walk back into Brighton. It's a long boring walk for sure, but it's not an arduous one. As for parking, well maybe just think outside the box a little bit. There is free parking available in Brighton, you just need to do a little bit of research to find it. And there's an extensive network of free-on-matchdays buses to help you navigate from your researched parking space to/from the town centre. Besides, there are trains into Brighton after the match

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
No, the club's £15 thingy.
Thanks. The reason I asked is that I managed to get a £15 club parking space for the Man City game last season (first time I’d ever tried and succeeded), and the postcode they gave me was for a car park close to the stadium. When I arrived at the car park I was directed to the next one along, and from there to the next one along, and again, and I finally ended up in the top car park where I had to drive around for 10 minutes, hoping to spot a student leaving before one of the other anxious drivers trying to find a place. I managed it eventually but wasn’t best pleased given the £15 I paid. I wondered if I’d made a mistake somewhere along the line and had ended up in a free, but chaotic, car park. Apparently not! Not great to charge £15 for a parking space and then find that it’s touch-and-go whether a space is available, and in a place a long way from the advertised location. (And BTW, I wasn’t running late; it was well over an hour before kick off that I finally got parked.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks. The reason I asked is that I managed to get a £15 club parking space for the Man City game last season (first time I’d ever tried and succeeded), and the postcode they gave me was for a car park close to the stadium. When I arrived at the car park I was directed to the next one along, and from there to the next one along, and again, and I finally ended up in the top car park where I had to drive around for 10 minutes, hoping to spot a student leaving before one of the other anxious drivers trying to find a place. I managed it eventually but wasn’t best pleased given the £15 I paid. I wondered if I’d made a mistake somewhere along the line and had ended up in a free, but chaotic, car park. Apparently not! Not great to charge £15 for a parking space and then find that it’s touch-and-go whether a space is available, and in a place a long way from the advertised location.
I'm not sure how many times I've parked in the uni - probably 12-15 times - and I've only ever been in that top car park. On every occasion, each car park between the entrance and that one was already full. I have no idea how early you'd need to arrive to get a space in one of the lower car parks.

But we've never struggled to get a space when we reach that top car park, although there have been times when there haven't been too many left. I'm not sure what would happen if you rocked up, legitimately, and couldn't find a space. There must be some contingency.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'm not sure how many times I've parked in the uni - probably 12-15 times - and I've only ever been in that top car park. On every occasion, each car park between the entrance and that one was already full. I have no idea how early you'd need to arrive to get a space in one of the lower car parks.

But we've never struggled to get a space when we reach that top car park, although there have been times when there haven't been too many left. I'm not sure what would happen if you rocked up, legitimately, and couldn't find a space. There must be some contingency.
Not sure either. I didn’t see any marshals/assistants, or whatever the helpers are called. I probably exaggerated by saying I drove round for 10 minutes but I went up and down the rows 2 or 3 times before spotting someone walking to their car to leave.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

You’d probably have to go to the multi-storey car park on the other side of campus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here