Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wow . We have changed strategy. De Zerbi is pushing Tony to the top !!!!
We've signed Cucurella, Mwepu, Estupinan in recent seasons who are young , expensive , tens of millions but experienced.
Pedro, Igor Julio, Kudus (if signed) are in that vein - but considerably more expensive reflecting the market, European football, our net ££ income, - alongside the free transfers, veterans, u21 prospects and young £m wunderkids from Peru etc.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think if we can get this calibre of player in, it may reset the minds of the players we have about the club and not try to push a move. Not saying any are planning on doing that at the moment.

SeaGullBum

Aug 4, 2023
Once we have Confirmation from Mike Verwij, the Ajax correspondent for the De Telegraaf, then I'll be all in on this.

He's Ajax's Ornstein

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Is anyone else nervous about his checkered injury past? Only seems to have played one full season the other two he missed half the games from injury/recovery.
It makes me nervous especially given the physical increase in the EPL combined with the fee.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Think it might take a while for him to adapt but there's some good raw materials. I'm not quite sure where he fits though. The double pivot, in all likelihood will be Moises and Mahmoud. If it's out right, I don't see him being as effective as Solly or Joao Pedro and I don't think he has the vision to be a No.10.

It only makes sense if it's backup with one eye on replacing Caicedo within the next 6-12 months. Seems very strange to have a £35m backup/squad player

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think it might take a while for him to adapt but there's some good raw materials. I'm not quite sure where he fits though. The double pivot, in all likelihood will be Moises and Mahmoud. If it's out right, I don't see him being as effective as Solly or Joao Pedro and I don't think he has the vision to be a No.10.

It only makes sense if it's backup with one eye on replacing Caicedo within the next 6-12 months. Seems very strange to have a £35m backup/squad player

Right wing I’d imagine but from reading I suspect moises replacement but his versatility means can be used various positions when needed

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Not sure the Kudus transfer has any bearing on Moises being sold I wouldn't mind betting its to replace either Mitoma or possibly Enciso who may go to City. Just a hunch nothing more.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
How's south London reacting to this news or are they still dizzy with excitement over their second signing this window - one week before kick off.
This was a few minutes ago in Croydon. Looks quiet. I think most of them have gone to ground.
1691264158976.png

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is anyone else nervous about his checkered injury past? Only seems to have played one full season the other two he missed half the games from injury/recovery.
It makes me nervous especially given the physical increase in the EPL combined with the fee.
It’s interesting the fan mindset, four players that flop at £10m each is deemed acceptable. One player we sign for £35m and you are nervous? Every signing is a gamble to some extent we know Bloom wouldn’t do anything reckless so go with the flow.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Felt like this was going to happen, so pleased it finally has. A real statement signing.
Super exciting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here