Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
One of our top targets according to Romano

would be very expensive, likely €40/50 million, but he was Ghana's most interesting player at the world cup and has good goalscoring stats for ajax, offers us cover on the right, he can also play attacking midfield and as a false 9.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hope his national manager doesn't put in a bad word..

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Despite the hype very hit and miss for Ajax this season. Completely outclassed up against half decent opposition like Liverpool and Napoli.

Would rather we uncover a new talent rather than blow all the money on someone like this. Ajax players invariably do worse elsewhere (apart from velts of course)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Despite the hype very hit and miss for Ajax this season. Completely outclassed up against half decent opposition like Liverpool and Napoli.

Would rather we uncover a new talent rather than blow all the money on someone like this. Ajax players invariably do worse elsewhere (apart from velts of course)
Dutch league tends to be a disaster when signing players.

Look at the last 5/6 league top scorers, it's a really poor league

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

He scored against both of them in the Champions League. If him being outclassed means he only scores a goal every other game then I wouldn’t be too upset.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
This might be neither here nor there, Kudus is a complete unknown to me, but this headline on one of Sweden’s most prominent football sites made me smile.

It reads: “Reported: World cup success chased by English top club”.

Up until now, in the decade I’ve read Fotbollskanalen, “top club” has never ever ever been used on this site for any other team than the traditional big six. This time it’s about Brighton. Just another tiny thing showing how Bloom’s merry men are turning heads across Europe (and beyond, of course).

Sorry for potential formatting blunders, on mobile and halfway through a horrible bottle of whiskey (with my Lithuanian father in law, to celebrate Putin having to leave Moscow with his tail between his legs).

Edit: there were indeed formatting blunders.

F2533739-33AE-4C0D-AFD3-7C624A926E31.jpeg

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've only seen him in the world cup and he did well for them.

Think it's defenders we need though
He actually had a better World Cup than he is in reality as a player.

He got talked up by a few TV pundits but in reality. He is a decent player but very inconsistent. I don't even think he always commands a starting spot in the Ajax team.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not unlike the SPL, in that almost everyclub is virtual cannon fodder to the top two, Ajax and Feyenoord, possibly add to that PSV.
Well considering PSV finished 2nd, 6 points ahead of Ajax, yes you should add PSV!

Ajax have not had a great season at all, they’re in a bit of a mess by their usual standards but Kudus has been one of their bright sparks. I like him and would be very happy if we did sign him, I’m surprised by the negativity on here. The dutch league thing is a but lazy, there have been lots of quality players to come out of there in recent years.

Interestingly, his career started the same way as Simon Adingra’s - from the Right to Dream academy in Africa to their Danish club Nordsjaelland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here