[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Every other transfer I read about, personal terms are agreed first and then the fee with club.
We are doing the opposite here - any idea why ?

WestHam are buying a player from Ajax too and have agreed personal terms already and now working on the fee.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It's not the fee on is own. It's the injuries as well. The big fee implies he will be a good player for us, so missing him due to injury will have a bigger impact than others.
Not if we don’t lose anything we already have, if worse case he got injured we didn’t have him last year anyway so we may not miss him as noticeably as a Caicedo or Dunk for example

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Every other transfer I read about, personal terms are agreed first and then the fee with club.

WestHam are buying a player from Ajax too and have agreed personal terms already and now working on the fee.
This always confuses me. It must be so called-journalist errors. And I mean so called as they are the ones that make the error. If it was true so many clubs would be fined and worse for breaking the rules. You have to agree with the club prior to speaking to a player. It is obviously false, or the authorities are corrupt and don't do anything.
But my guess is it's big 6 focused social media whore...I mean journalists...who say it to get clicks and what has actually happened is that two agents have casually briefly thrown some numbers about and said "yeah we can get an agreement if it happens here". Not that they have signed a contract like they imply.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It says ‘close to agreement’ and we’ve been working on it since ‘end of July’ so probably happening in parallel

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
We beat competition from ‘larger’ clubs to sign Lallana, Ferguson and Igor.

Clever players don’t always follow the money, instead looking at likely game time, the coach/man-manager and with younger players their development.
The clever ones will come here on 75k a week instead of Chelsea now on 100k a week. If they perform and get a massive move that wage at Chelsea or other is closer to 200k

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Not if we don’t lose anything we already have, if worse case he got injured we didn’t have him last year anyway so we may not miss him as noticeably as a Caicedo or Dunk for example
But that money could have bought a player with a better injury record. That's my nervousness.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
But that money could have bought a player with a better injury record. That's my nervousness.
I understand your point. Perhaps that’s the one reason he’s in our price bracket and not the same one as Antony/Mudryk and the reason why we as Brighton are able to sign him

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This always confuses me. It must be so called-journalist errors. And I mean so called as they are the ones that make the error. If it was true so many clubs would be fined and worse for breaking the rules. You have to agree with the club prior to speaking to a player. It is obviously false, or the authorities are corrupt and don't do anything.
But my guess is it's big 6 focused social media whore...I mean journalists...who say it to get clicks and what has actually happened is that two agents have casually briefly thrown some numbers about and said "yeah we can get an agreement if it happens here". Not that they have signed a contract like they imply.
I really think the 'agreeing personal terms' before they have permission to approach a player is as simple as a club saying to the agent: "Yeah, we'll do a five year contract, £2m signing fee, £1m agent fee, £100k basic a week, xxx appearance fee, xxx goal bonus etc" and the agent saying "yeah, we would take that".

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I understand your point. Perhaps that’s the one reason he’s in our price bracket and not the same one as Antony/Mudryk and the reason why we as Brighton are able to sign him
That has also crossed my mind. Not getting excited until it 1) happens and 2) he puts in a good uninterrupted season. So ask me next summer. #toughcrowd.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We beat competition from ‘larger’ clubs to sign Lallana, Ferguson and Igor.

Clever players don’t always follow the money, instead looking at likely game time, the coach/man-manager and with younger players their development.
No one bigger than us were in for lallana or Igor. Ferguson yes but he came as a youth player not an established player like kudus in his prime.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I really think the 'agreeing personal terms' before they have permission to approach a player is as simple as a club saying to the agent: "Yeah, we'll do a five year contract, £2m signing fee, £1m agent fee, £100k basic a week, xxx appearance fee, xxx goal bonus etc" and the agent saying "yeah, we would take that".
Even that would be illegal would it not? It is probably even more vague than that to not fall foul of the rules.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This article pretty spot on I think (maybe cos it has the same opinion as me!)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This article pretty spot on I think (maybe cos it has the same opinion as me!)

He’s 22. Plenty of time for improvement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are doing the opposite here - any idea why?

Player's a greedy bugger? :wink::shrug:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's also a central midfielder. That is where he wants to play. He played out of position at Ajax through necessity (sale of Haller etc) and did well. He's still, despite playing as a winger and false 9 for Ajax, played more games in his career as a CM
We will be signing him as a player who is genuine competition for Solly but he will inevitably end up more central.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports