Man marking Zaha

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just a little bit of mischief by me regarding your fan getting a 5 year ban
Ok.
sorry it touched a raw nerve with you.
I asked why it would be racial, and made reference to the fact that most Palace fans were chanting 'Brighton take it up the bum' at the Amex last year'. That's hardly touching a raw nerve is it.
All abuse it wrong , whether it's racial or homophobic, so I'm not your " typical" Palace fan am I ?
So you didn't join in with the chanting at the Amex (or at Old Trafford soon after)?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Just as long as its not racial :ohmy:
My first experience of hearing racial chanting was at a Brighton V Palace match at the Goldstone Ground.

Ian Wright was getting loads of it from a section of the East stand, hoping those days are long gone.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ok.
I asked why it would be racial, and made reference to the fact that most Palace fans were chanting 'Brighton take it up the bum' at the Amex last year'. That's hardly touching a raw nerve is it.

Haemorrhoids ? :rolleyes:

Zahmazing

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Face facts. He's a springy lanky diving muppet who doesn't play by the rules. What's it with your club and divers? Andy Johnson was your last high spring board champion but now you've produced yet an even better one. Your academy must put the Olympics spring boards to shame. Maybe you could teach the British divers how to dive then maybe we could beat the chinesse.

Andy Johnson was not a diver. Referees have since openly admitted that they were unfair on him and it is now widely accepted that his reputation was unjustified. Zaha has dived in the past, but I have not seen a penalty actually given when he has conned the ref. Nobody is denying that Wilf goes down softly on occasion, but to label him a "diver" is unfair. He does win a lot of fouls, because Championship defenders simply cannot handle him; what we're finding now though is referees are not giving us anything even when it is absolutely blatant, as they think he has dived, so believe me the chances of us winning a penalty now (especially in a derby game where the ref wants to maintain calm) are slim. Zaha gets absolutely no protection from referees, and as such gets frustrated - the real cheats on the pitch are the full backs who take chunks out of him at every opportunity and get away with it, because the ref has Zaha down as a 'diver' before the game has even begun. I am sure you have experienced this frustration with any tricky players you may have had (Buckley perhaps), and if you haven't then it must mean that they simply aren't good enough to warrant the attention.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Andy Johnson was not a diver. Referees have since openly admitted that they were unfair on him and it is now widely accepted that his reputation was unjustified. Zaha has dived in the past, but I have not seen a penalty actually given when he has conned the ref. Nobody is denying that Wilf goes down softly on occasion, but to label him a "diver" is unfair. He does win a lot of fouls, because Championship defenders simply cannot handle him; what we're finding now though is referees are not giving us anything even when it is absolutely blatant, as they think he has dived, so believe me the chances of us winning a penalty now (especially in a derby game where the ref wants to maintain calm) are slim. Zaha gets absolutely no protection from referees, and as such gets frustrated - the real cheats on the pitch are the full backs who take chunks out of him at every opportunity and get away with it, because the ref has Zaha down as a 'diver' before the game has even begun. I am sure you have experienced this frustration with any tricky players you may have had (Buckley perhaps), and if you haven't then it must mean that they simply aren't good enough to warrant the attention.
Hello Seaside.

:wave:

Zahmazing

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Buckley's Mad Eye, maybe with that eye problem of yours your vision was fixed on my post count rather than my post. Any comments on what I said, which frankly I felt was actually quite well reasoned and balanced?

D

Deleted member 2719

El Abd is the textbook wind-up merchant to be honest, any ideas when he's likely to be fit? And Bridge?

Agree Al Abd is the man and with his understanding of this match he would make Zaha life a difficult one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Andy Johnson was not a diver. Referees have since openly admitted that they were unfair on him and it is now widely accepted that his reputation was unjustified.
:eek: Can you post a link to evidence where refs have said they were unfair to him please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't find any I'm afraid. I know that sounds bad
It doesn't sound bad, what sounded bad was your ridiculous statement that referees 'have since openly admitted that they were unfair on him'. I can't imagine them saying that about any player.

Neither of those say his reputation was unjustly earnt, or that referees had been unfair to him. That's just two examples of him justly winning a penalty.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That what Im dreading the most. We all know he's going to attempt to cheat the ref and get a pen. Can see palace getting at least one against us.
That is sooo right,he will try and get a pen but it seems refs are getting wise to him....he is not getting the decisions at the moment.....oh! Poor Zahahaha!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Face facts. He's a springy lanky diving muppet who doesn't play by the rules. What's it with your club and divers? Andy Johnson was your last high spring board champion but now you've produced yet an even better one. Your academy must put the Olympics spring boards to shame. Maybe you could teach the British divers how to dive then maybe we could beat the chinesse.

Think I've found the answer

Crystal Palace Diving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports