Man marking Zaha

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
That is sooo right,he will try and get a pen but it seems refs are getting wise to him....he is not getting the decisions at the moment.....oh! Poor Zahahaha!

That's right start getting your exscuses in early,diving ,the referee playing 13 men etc etc.
No wonder your players don't turn up in Derby games with all this defeatist attitude I hope the footballers read this.
Just face it Zaha could be unplayable if he's in the mood lets just hope Painter marks him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gus would rather go home and play golf than have 2, let alone 3, players marking Zaha.

He is very clear that we play our own game.

So it'll be down to Wayne Bridge if fit, or if not Marcus Painter. When Zaha switches to the other side, it will be Bruno who defends against him. Simple as that.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
A number of teams have tried to mark Wilf out of the game so far this season, with the result that the rest of the Palace midfield has been given carte blanche to run rampant.

With the Weed apparently playing out of their skins at the moment, I would far rather see your lot play to their strengths and have both teams hammer each other flat out for 90+ minutes. 4-3 suits me.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
A number of teams have tried to mark Wilf out of the game so far this season, with the result that the rest of the Palace midfield has been given carte blanche to run rampant.

With the Weed apparently playing out of their skins at the moment, I would far rather see your lot play to their strengths and have both teams hammer each other flat out for 90+ minutes. 4-3 suits me.

Top post, and I agree with you, apart from I would like the 4-3 the other way round.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

With the Weed apparently playing out of their skins at the moment, I would far rather see your lot play to their strengths and have both teams hammer each other flat out for 90+ minutes.

Free scoring palace vs best defence in the league Brighton.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
We could adopt the Pulis tactic of systematic fouling, with the players taking it in turn to kick lumps out of him. This has the advantage of (a) winding Zaha up and (b) lessening the chances of an accumulative yellow against one player.

:)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

We have the best defence in the division - we won't be conceding 4.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was thinking about this recently. As Zaha is the player that makes their team tick, would there be any advantage to sacrificing one of our players to totally mark him out of the game?
I can do it if needed, he's f***ing shit.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I admire your self belief. After all, anything is possible in a derby.

With that in mind, i'm hoping for Dinosaurs and being able to walk on water.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Excellent post. 100% agree. We're a better team than Palace and we play better football. Just go there and play out normal game and all things being fair - we should run out winners.

f*** Zaha and his incessant cheating.[/QUOTE]:bla::bla:
:bla::yawn: Change the record.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

So what happened at Leeds on Saturday when a 19 year old kid playing his debut season had Zaha in his pocket and Palace lost?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I admire your self belief. After all, anything is possible in a derby.

No self belief. Just facts, as Rafa would say. We have factually the best defence in the division.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
So what happened at Leeds on Saturday when a 19 year old kid playing his debut season had Zaha in his pocket and Palace lost?

I wasn't at the match so can't really comment on Zaha's part in it. Obviously you were if you are able to say that.

I think we all know that Warnock is a master at getting a result in in this sort of game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports