Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man marking Zaha

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And it is a fact that they will not ship 4 goals in a game this season. I see. Are you willing to be quoted on that?

I didn't say that was a fact. But EVIDENCE points to it being unlikely on Saturday. May happen, probably won't. My point is I don't think it'll be a 4-3 sort of game. More a 2-1.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm hoping for a large paddling pool full of mud and two sets of cheerleaders settling matters once and for all.

Mud? Why not something like Nutella :D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Excellent post. 100% agree. We're a better team than Palace and we play better football. Just go there and play out normal game and all things being fair - we should run out winners.

f*** Zaha and his incessant cheating.[/QUOTE]:bla::bla:
:bla::yawn: Change the record.

As soon as he changes his behaviour :thumbsup:

Cheating scum like Zaha is ruining the game. Time to bring in video refs and start suspending him.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Face facts. He's a springy lanky diving muppet who doesn't play by the rules. What's it with your club and divers? Andy Johnson was your last high spring board champion but now you've produced yet an even better one. Your academy must put the Olympics spring boards to shame. Maybe you could teach the British divers how to dive then maybe we could beat the chinesse.

Absolute b/s. If a player is running at a defender with pace and skill (same with AJ and Wilf) the defender will always be in trouble. When they are caught the momentum takes them over in the majority of cases. That is not the same as a dive. Holloway has been well known for his stance on diving. He commented about this after Saturday's game when Damien Delaney went over in the box (which may have been a dive). He said there is no place for this in one of his teams and if he did dive he would be fining him.

Please stop all this crap you all keep coming out with about Wilf being a diver..He isn't! Just a hell of a skillful player who will cause you untold problems on Saturday.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Absolute b/s. If a player is running at a defender with pace and skill (same with AJ and Wilf) the defender will always be in trouble. When they are caught the momentum takes them over in the majority of cases. That is not the same as a dive. Holloway has been well known for his stance on diving. He commented about this after Saturday's game when Damien Delaney went over in the box (which may have been a dive). He said there is no place for this in one of his teams and if he did dive he would be fining him.

Please stop all this crap you all keep coming out with about Wilf being a diver..He isn't! Just a hell of a skillful player who will cause you untold problems on Saturday.

He has dived enough times to justify the reputation he has gained for it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Holloway has been well known for his stance on diving. He commented about this after Saturday's game when Damien Delaney went over in the box (which may have been a dive). He said there is no place for this in one of his teams and if he did dive he would be fining him.

Blah blah blah blah lah. Mealy-mouthed bullshit, (from Holloway and yourself). Why is he talking of fining Delaney, and in the same breath pretending Zaha's blatent simulation, which got waved away, was any different? He's just hoping to influence the refs, who are getting wise to Zaha's cheating - and thinks that if he looks 'fair' (by criticising Delaney) that it might carry more weight.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
He has dived enough times to justify the reputation he has gained for it.

Unsurprisingly, I disagree. Let's talk after he has ripped Bridge a new a***hole on Saturday.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Blah blah blah blah lah. Mealy-mouthed bullshit, (from Holloway and yourself). Why is he talking of fining Delaney, and in the same breath pretending Zaha's blatent simulation, which got waved away, was any different? He's just hoping to influence the refs, who are getting wise to Zaha's cheating - and thinks that if he looks 'fair' (by criticising Delaney) that it might carry more weight.

Perhaps because one was (probably) a dive and the other wasn't? You can believe this diving/cheating all you want. From someone that has the absolute pleasure of watching Zaha every week let me tell you he is not a diver. He is though, the best player I have seen in Red & Blue since I seriously started following Palace in 1983.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unsurprisingly, I disagree. Let's talk after he has ripped Bridge a new a***hole on Saturday.

If Bridge is fit, it will be very interesting to see how that goes - how Wilf actually gets on against a premiership quality full-back. I hope Wilf doesn't completely blow his big audition, in front of all the watching scouts - could wipe a few million of his transfer fee.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps because one was (probably) a dive and the other wasn't? You can believe this diving/cheating all you want. From someone that has the absolute pleasure of watching Zaha every week let me tell you he is not a diver. He is though, the best player I have seen in Red & Blue since I seriously started following Palace in 1983.

Looks a good player - I'm man enough to admit that. Shame you are too one-eyed to see the obvious. Good footballer, but a cheat. Pure and simple.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
If Bridge is fit, it will be very interesting to see how that goes - how Wilf actually gets on against a premiership quality full-back. I hope Wilf doesn't completely blow his big audition, in front of all the watching scouts - could wipe a few million of his transfer fee.

See how he gets on against a has-been (and barely ever was) who is such Premiership quality that he has had to drop down to a run of the mill Championship team to get a game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
See how he gets on against a has-been (and barely ever was) who is such Premiership quality that he has had to drop down to a run of the mill Championship team to get a game?

Seems I know a little bit more about Wilf's current form, than you do about Bridge's petal. You are in for a bit of a shock.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No self belief. Just facts, as Rafa would say. We have factually the best defence in the division.

You have conceded the fewest goals in the league, and we have scored the most. Should be a good game.

We average 3 goals a game at home this season :banana:
So what happened at Leeds on Saturday when a 19 year old kid playing his debut season had Zaha in his pocket and Palace lost?

He didn't have Zaha in his pocket at all. Zaha was completely dominant in the first half and was absolutely all over Leeds. He was picking the ball up and making fantastic runs, he was unlucky not to get a couple of assists in the first 45 minutes. Unfortunately, Colin knew that the way to beat Zaha is to kick the shit out of him. He was absolutely clattered a couple of minutes before half time, and at the start of the second half. Leeds then put three men on him at all times, and got two lucky deflected goals to win the game despite Palace being the better team.

Referees in the Championship need to give more protection to the most talented players in the division. If Buckley keeps improving to the point where people are as worried about him as they are about Zaha, you will know exactly what we mean. Teams will gladly risk losing a player if they can take your star man out of the game. It's cheap, it's dirty, but it's effective when referees don't punish the hoofball cloggers like Leeds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From someone that has the absolute pleasure of watching Zaha every week let me tell you he is not a diver.
Oh. Well that changes everything, thank you.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh. Well that changes everything, thank you.

If Zaha is a diver, Buckley is too :shrug:

Doesn't take away from the fact that every club in the country would love to sign him, and that Man City and Man United are being linked with £15m bids for him in the papers every day...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Zaha is a diver, Buckley is too :shrug:
WTF? If you say our player is a diver, we'll say yours is? I've seen Zaha cheat a few times, I haven't seen the same from Buckley. Zaha may get fouled a lot, but he does cheat too (I'd say 'dives', but that glosses over other cheating).

Doesn't take away from the fact that every club in the country would love to sign him
No it doesn't.
Man City and Man United are being linked with £15m bids for him in the papers every day...
Are they? Got any links to national papers (that's not a smug 'yeah right, show me the links', I don't doubt that you have some links, just want to see them)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here