Live Music over the next three months.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Visited the recently restored Paganini Ballroom last night at the Ship Hotel to watch Savages. If anyone has the opportunity to watch a live act there I would strongly recommend it just for the location itself. The acoustics were spot on which is always a concern with somewhere that is not purpose built and it was easy to see the bands. First up were Pins an all girl group who are similar in many ways to Savages. Not seem them before-think they have done a few support slots around the country. Pretty good though.
This was the fourth time I have seen Savages and this was them at their very best. Confidence has clearly grown and I am starting to get familiar with tracks played. Audience were on good behaviour too- no talking and so polite that it was not until three quarters through the set that anyone noticed/mentioned that the band were playing in semi darkness without lighting. Not that this distracted in any way from an enjoyable set.
Only criticism is a limited range of drinks on sale at the temporary bar.

Glad it was good, saw them in London a couple of weeks back, thought it was excellent, the best I'd seen them (and much better than the Great Escape gig). Was considering coming down for it last night, I know there were some other BSP fans in attendance - but was at a Julian Cope event in London instead...

Btw, Joy Formidable are playing the Concorde in March, if you like them...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Glad it was good, saw them in London a couple of weeks back, thought it was excellent, the best I'd seen them (and much better than the Great Escape gig). Was considering coming down for it last night, I know there were some other BSP fans in attendance - but was at a Julian Cope event in London instead...

Btw, Joy Formidable are playing the Concorde in March, if you like them...

Yes I saw that they were playing. Will try and get along. Are you going to the BSP film next Friday? I am put off slightly by the late start but its a big miss. Have already said it but Savages really were good yesterday and looking forward to seeing them again.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I currently hold tickets for:
I am Kloot - in Bristol
Turin Brakes - in Worthing
Paloma Faith - in Brighton

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I've seen Slash at the Manchester Apollo in October and Muse at the MEN last week. Off to see Alabama Shakes at the Acadamy this Monday. Then in December seeing The excellent Band of Skulls T the Manchester Ritz.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just got back from seeing Eddie Martin at the Ropetackle. He's got to be our most underrated blues guitarist. Superb.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Just got tickets for the Allah-Las at the Hope (£6.60!) should be fun - for fans of The Animals and early Stones. Hope it won't be too 'hipster'. Been listening to the album on Spotify after universally good reviews.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The XX Brighton show which was at the Dome on 6th is now at The Brighton Centre on Thursday 20th December. If you have tickets then you need to visit Dome website for instructions regarding re booking.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Hope & Social in Leeds after the Huddersfield game tomorrow and then again at the Brunswick next Sunday. I'm loving their new album (like all their albums, a pay-what-you-want download from bandcamp) - the fun they had recording it comes through so clearly it's infectious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The XX Brighton show which was at the Dome on 6th is now at The Brighton Centre on Thursday 20th December. If you have tickets then you need to visit Dome website for instructions regarding re booking.

Lout promotions are making a habit of this trick which is slightly annoying. Whilst I do not have tickets for this gig I do have tickets for the Frank "Tory" Turner gig which has also been moved to a bigger venue.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Lout promotions are making a habit of this trick which is slightly annoying. Whilst I do not have tickets for this gig I do have tickets for the Frank "Tory" Turner gig which has also been moved to a bigger venue.

Changing the venue is just about acceptable but changing the date is not. Worse than this is the fact that existing ticket holders have to re book. I am not going either but would be pretty hacked off if I was.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just got Tickets for the Killers at wembley in june having seen them In Nottingham last week

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Make sure you sing along to all his Tory 'protest' songs!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Changing the venue is just about acceptable but changing the date is not. Worse than this is the fact that existing ticket holders have to re book. I am not going either but would be pretty hacked off if I was.

The xx and their booking agent wanted to make more money. The only larger venue in Brighton they could have booked was the Centre of Hell. Rizzle Kicks are there on the night they wanted, so they had to reschedule. Doubt Lout want all the hassle with refunds and all that malarkey.

I feel a bit guilty/relieved cos I booked four tickets for people, now I don't have to post them.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I'm off to the Concorder tonight to see the 'Easy All Stars' do their dub version of the 'Thriller' Album.

I saw them do 'Dub side of the moon' which was excellent, (dub version of Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon) they even released a 'dubber side of the moon' which was also very good.

Its all a bit of fun really .

The only one I wasnt keen on was 'RadioDread' their dub version of Radioheads 'OK Computer'

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
28th Nov - Frank Turner - Brighton Dome
1st Dec - Madness - Bton Centre
6th Dec - Rizzle Kicks - Bton Centre
7th Dec - From The Jam - Wedgewood Rooms
14th Dec - White Cliff - 100 Club
13th Jan - Passenger - The Brook
19th Jan - Alt J - O2 Sheps Bush
28th Jan - Two Door Cinema Club - Ston Guildhall
30th Jan - Passenger - Concorde 2
8th Feb - Two Door Cinema Club - Brixton Academy