Live Music over the next three months.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I saw a setlist from the first show and was pretty impressed. Pretty jealous now! How did the King of Limbs stuff come across?

I was lucky enough to see their secret gig at Glastonbury which was the first time they had played King of Limbs live. Like on that occasion I think it sounds better live than on record.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I was lucky enough to see their secret gig at Glastonbury which was the first time they had played King of Limbs live. Like on that occasion I think it sounds better live than on record.

Radiohead's appearances on the Park Stage are the worst-kept secret of the festival!

I've only got The Civil Wars coming up at the Dome, also looking forward to the support from The Lumineers.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
A bit more than three months away, but I see The Stranglers are playing the Dome next March. I'm in two minds whether to book - still have great memories of seeing them in their pomp at the Top Rank in the eighties.

Anyone seen them over recent years? Should I take the plunge?

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Just out of interest, wheres the best place for unsigned/bands on the up to play in Brighton these days?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just out of interest, wheres the best place for unsigned/bands on the up to play in Brighton these days?

Get onto Lout Promotions/ Melting vinyl/ One inch badge/ Family Entertainments tell them who you are and ask for a support slot to better known bands.
Source night at Studio Theatre ( Was the Pavillion) also worth looking at. They host local bands
Brighton Source - Bands

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Efterklang and the Northern Sinfonia at the Dome, Rev and the Makers at Concorde, Alabama 3 at Concorde, making a searching inventory of all my good shit.

What did you think about Efterklang and the Northern Sinfonia last night then? I genuinely thought it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This Friday @ Brixton Academy

Four Tet b2b Caribou, Ben UFO, Floating Points, James Holden and Pangaea. No light show. 5 quid.

Bang.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
It was a 'concert' wasn't it? I enjoyed it, although it took a while to 'tune in'. Those Scandinavians are barking. Also John Grant (support act) has one of the best voices I've ever heard.

I wasn't so keen on John Grant, he had an incredible voice but I didn't really like any of his songs.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Eddie Martin is playing the Ropetackle on 10th Nov. Superb blues guitarist.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Stretching the 3 months mentioned in the title, I have got tickets for Amanda Palmer (formerly half of the Dresden Dolls) at the Concorde 2 on 27/03/2013.

I am also going to see Frightened Rabbit at the Wedge in Portsmouth, however, they are also in Brighton at the Concorde 2 on 12 February 2013.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have recently added I Am Kloot who are playing at St Bartholomews Church on March 21st. Great venue for a concert. Also seeing Loudon Wainwright at the Dome in April.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
A bit more than three months away, but I see The Stranglers are playing the Dome next March. I'm in two minds whether to book - still have great memories of seeing them in their pomp at the Top Rank in the eighties.

Anyone seen them over recent years? Should I take the plunge?
Saw them 2 years ago and they were tremendous. Went again last year and they were good but I felt that there was something missing from the previous year ... not sure what but it just wasn't the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports