Live Music over the next three months.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Any one else see The Fall in Hove last night?

Great evening and M E Smith on top form- spending half the set hidden behind one of the speakers. Plenty of knob twiddling and reading lyrics from screwed up paper. His wife on keyboards looking as attractive as ever in red coat with additional vocals maintaining control. Highlights were Duped, Sparta and White Lightening. Two encores and a very lively mosh pit. Altogether well worth the £20.

'Always different, always the same'

They were f***ing tremendous. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Flex Your Head

I shall be coming down for this on Saturday - one of the last ever chances to see Shrag *sob*

RIOTS NOT DIETS CHRISTMAS PARTY - West Hill Hall - SAT 8TH DEC, 2012 7pm

Riots Not Diets #10 is the xmas party

First, we are really excited to show the DOLLY MIXTURE film

and then have bands:

1- SHRAG brighton's finest ever indiepop/shoutygrrrl outfit (after the blue minkies, natch)

2- COSINES a new london indiepop band featuring an ex-member of DULOKS

3- BAD LIBRARIANS , freshish brighton pop punk outfit comprising well-behaved librarians

4- FULHAST , our old m8 nik brings his lo-fi bedroom pop debacle back to brighton, think helen love + gameboy sampling+ horror fanaticism

safe space, diy, all ages, bring yr own booze, zines, nice chairs to sit in, community hall chic, rock on

will be over by 1030pm in case you need to get a train back to london

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hello Kevo.
Interestingly Woody was in the audience watching The Fall last night.
I'm thinking about seeing them in my manor tomorrow... thought it a bit steep at £25, but recommended yes?!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm thinking about seeing them in my manor tomorrow... thought it a bit steep at £25, but recommended yes?!

I would definitely recommend it but there is always the risk element. Saw them play about four years ago and it was shockingly awful with ME Smith on stage for just three songs. He went and left the band looking very awkward. The bass player filled in on vocals and the audience left feeling mightily pissed off! They are also known for coming on stage late should you be using public transport. Last night though they were amazing.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yep, I know how inconsistent they can be - seen them before when they've been both brilliant and shocking. Bit like Julian Cope in that respect!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
That great post reminding us of the John Peel memorial site from CorgiRegisteredFriend got me thinking about this thread as we're in the midst of several rather special "first time in Australia" tours (or first time in Perth in the case of Weezer) at the mo' - We had Weezer's Blue album Memories tour last week, The Waterboys are playing this Saturday and then the incomparable Godspeed You! Black Emperor (yup, for real, they are playing in Perth!) on Feb 11. Tim Rogers & The Bamboos plus Brow Horn Orchestra on 23 Feb and then Neil Young & Crazyhorse on March 3! All this in the world's most remote city, hell yeah:rock:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only got Major Lazer lined up at present. Buzzer and TMLS have sold I Am Kloot to me so will try and get tickets for this as well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am going to see Metz tonight. First live band this year- should be noisy.
This was due to be at Green Door Store but now at vastly inferior but I guess larger capacity Audio.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Just seen on Teleman's twitter feed that they're playing a free set at Sticky Mike's Frog Bar on Middle Street tonight, onstage 11.15pm. For any fellow 6 Music types, their single Cristina has been getting lots of airplay and it's great. Three of the band used to be in Pete and the Pirates, for anyone who knows them, and the sound is pretty similar. This is a good thing.

I'd be there myself except that a 900 mile round trip is a bit much for a Thursday night.

Details here, advice is to turn up early, which is probably a good shout.

http://www.drinkinbrighton.co.uk/events/stickymikesfrogbar/bongo-fury?theme=on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports