Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As good a place as any.

Straight after the Leicester game we're heading up to that there London, for a show.
Coming back way way past my bedtime.

I've decided the bestest way to accommodate the travel would be drive over to Haywards Heath.
Park close to the station.
Free transport to the game.
Stay on the train to the grim north.
Before heading back to Haywards Heath for the final drive home.

Begging the obvious question:-

Where can I park, in Haywards Heath, close to the station?

Ta muchly.

Is ‘the station car park’ too obvious? It’s cheap on a Sunday - couple of quid all day I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is ‘the station car park’ too obvious? It’s cheap on a Sunday - couple of quid all day I think.

Oh well that's that then.
I wasn't looking forward to tagging an extra £10-£15 on the day, but even I can spring to a couple of quid.

Thanks all.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
My wife and I transferred our tickets to friends of our daughter so they could all go together and sit together. The other option would have been to wait for the exchange to open and then for them to select our seats but it may not open at all if no sell out or it may open last minute. They want to be able to plan their day in Brighton so the ticket transfer has given them that certainty.
I do think the ticket exchange will come back into play once the holiday season is over. At the moment the extra seats installed over the summer combined with holidays and Covid nervousness are having an effect but take one of these factors out and general sales may start to match supply. Doing well on the pitch will also play its part.

I am not that confident that the exchange will open soon but do wholeheartedly agree about the xtra seats effect .
In a way it is a double whammy because the reduction of the st waiting list means there are less people looking to buy spare seats at exactly the same time as more are available !
By the way is anybody aware of existing season ticket holders being offered to move into one of the new seats before they went on sale to the waiting list and members as i do not think i have seen this mentioned before ? (apologies if it has )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Oh well that's that then.
I wasn't looking forward to tagging an extra £10-£15 on the day, but even I can spring to a couple of quid.

Thanks all.

As Charley Jem said earlier , on Sundays there is plenty of free street parking close to the station in most directions :thumbsup:During the week it’s short stay parking

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Cheeky late night thought. If any one bought parking for The Bridge and can't now go to the match/ is listing on the Exchange and wants a refund on their £15 for parking too, feel free to PM me to take it off your hands. I believe they don't show Reg numbers and are freely transferable to others.:thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cheeky late night thought. If any one bought parking for The Bridge and can't now go to the match/ is listing on the Exchange and wants a refund on their £15 for parking too, feel free to PM me to take it off your hands. I believe they don't show Reg numbers and are freely transferable to others.:thumbsup:

From what I recall parking for the bridge was never available to buy

Ps I’d bid £15.01

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

From what I recall parking for the bridge was never available to buy

Ps I’d bid £15.01

Dammit, you're right. That'll teach me to post after a long day and a couple of glasses of red:)

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I've heard Coldean Lane is closed - there are no buses running, can anyone confirm?

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I booked Brighton station today from 12-5. Seems like there is more spaces.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
coastway trains seem to be showing some sort of disruption alert next Sunday

Yeah there’s no trains between Hove and Brighton. Discussed nearer the start of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda

English & European
Yeah there’s no trains between Hove and Brighton. Discussed nearer the start of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Littlehampton and Brighton:

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2021-09-19#engineering-departure-board

Date:
18 September - 1 October 2021 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Between London Victoria and Littlehampton and between Brighton and Hove / Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central

Major engineering work is taking place between Brighton and Hove, closing some lines.

Network Rail is undertaking work to stabilise the cutting at Hove, to help reduce delays. More information on this work can be found here.

Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September:

Buses will replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Monday 20 September to Friday 1 October:

No direct trains will run between Brighton and Hove. A change of trains will be required at Preston Park to travel between Brighton and stations towards Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central.

Please see here for further details: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/Hove

Check before you travel:

You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner

Although journey planners are showing correctly, your journey may be subject to alteration at short notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please check before your journey.​​​​​​​

Replacement Bus Travel Advice:

For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.

You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here