Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Perhaps. The club has done a very good job at creating/managing scarcity to create demand at both Withdean and Falmer. It’s a balancing act though and the extra seats installed over the Summer might have made it a lot more difficult.

Quite pricey though at a minimum of £45 per adult ticket. Hopefully the club will sell it out but pricing may need to be looked at if we see a lack of demand particularly when we're on a high form wise.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite pricey though at a minimum of £45 per adult ticket. Hopefully the club will sell it out but pricing may need to be looked at if we see a lack of demand particularly when we're on a high form wise.

It seems a lot to me as an older fan who has always had a ST. However, it’s not out of line with other one off entertainment. If it were, say 35 quid, I’m not sure that would attract people in the door who wouldn’t pay 45. There may just be a limit to the numbers who want to spend their afternoon at the football at either price.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

There's not really a "lack of demand" . Almost certainly the club are on track to sell over 31, 000 tickets for Arsenal including thousands of tickets already to general fans at the existing price bands.
But yes. There's no guarantee it will be a 100% sell out.

Leicester looks like its now less than 500 tickets away from a sell out. They'll shift a lot of them between now and Sunday i suspect.
In 2019/20 it would have been a sell out already. (there's about 1000+ more tickets they have to shift due to extra seats)

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There's not really a "lack of demand" . Almost certainly the club are on track to sell over 31, 000 tickets for Arsenal including thousands of tickets already to general fans at the existing price bands.
But yes. There's no guarantee it will be a 100% sell out.

Everton looks like its now less than 500 tickets away from a sell out. They'll shift a lot of them between now and Sunday i suspect.
In 2019/20 it would have been a sell out already. (there's about 1000+ more tickets they have to shift due to extra seats)

If you mean Leicester I’ve just counted 666 (!!!) available

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
ha ! well about 500. I expect they'll sell a few hundred more before Sunday but i guess a sell out looks unlikely.

Sunday afternoon just isn’t a great time to watch football, particularly if you have a long way to travel. We stopped attending Sunday games because of the M25 when we lived in Norfolk. I still think that Arsenal is the first game that has a chance of selling out.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Sunday afternoon just isn’t a great time to watch football, particularly if you have a long way to travel. We stopped attending Sunday games because of the M25 when we lived in Norfolk. I still think that Arsenal is the first game that has a chance of selling out.

Yes Sunday matches are a pain in the neck, but at least it's not a late KO. Frankly I'm astonished at the high attendances we are getting despite the Covid risk from all the buffoons who are too macho to wear a mask on the train or the concourses...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
There is going to be 3 spare seats together in the North Stand for the Arsenal game as we can't get there

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

I presume you are going to put them back on sale via the club? otherwise it's a lot of money to chuck away and those 3 seats might be the coordination point that gets the NS to all sing the same song at the same time...

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Sorry to chip in with my views NB but i seem to remember everybody saying the first 2 games would not sell out due to holidays and now leicester is due to travel .Even the arsenal game is not yet sold ,which previous years was a certainty . This of course means that the exchange will not open at least till very close to kick off day .Consequently meaning that there will still be gaps around the stadium just nobody knows how many . I do find a touch of irony in the fact that those unwilling to pay the 20 pounds are left with the only way of filling their empty seat to be an exchange that now doesn't open . Still i suppose if the club is happy with that as a result of the seat squeezing exercise then c'est la vie !
Anybody got a ladder to get me off this high horse !!! :)
PS suggest you sell something to chaileyjem for about 500 pounds , you will end up with well over 600 !!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Crossing the L2B route will be worse……..! Also usually quicker to go past the Amex on the 27 to the Lewes roundabout and then back rather than use the Falmer sliproad on matchdays

Good thinking. Might even head through Lewes and cut out any possible issues on the 23. Reckon if I leave soon after sun up will be all good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes Sunday matches are a pain in the neck, but at least it's not a late KO. Frankly I'm astonished at the high attendances we are getting despite the Covid risk from all the buffoons who are too macho to wear a mask on the train or the concourses...

I've generally worn a mask in enclosed/busy spaces but - without wishing to derail this thread - do you not think wearing a mask in a crowd of thousands who are then going on to sing and shout and jump all over each other makes about as much difference as a fart in a hurricane? Nothing to do with macho, just feel like it makes absolutely eff all difference in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
.Even the arsenal game is not yet sold ,which previous years was a certainty .

PS suggest you sell something to chaileyjem for about 500 pounds , you will end up with well over 600 !!

Ha !
Its just over 2 weeks to Arsenal so i'm sure it will be close. Yes. The previous 2 both in 2018 were 30,608 and 30,620 (tickets sold).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry to chip in with my views NB but i seem to remember everybody saying the first 2 games would not sell out due to holidays and now leicester is due to travel .Even the arsenal game is not yet sold ,which previous years was a certainty . This of course means that the exchange will not open at least till very close to kick off day .Consequently meaning that there will still be gaps around the stadium just nobody knows how many . I do find a touch of irony in the fact that those unwilling to pay the 20 pounds are left with the only way of filling their empty seat to be an exchange that now doesn't open . Still i suppose if the club is happy with that as a result of the seat squeezing exercise then c'est la vie !
Anybody got a ladder to get me off this high horse !!! :)

Np. I think holidays were the main reason for lack of a sell out of the first two games. Playing those on a Sunday would have just been an added factor. Obviously it’s not a big deal for local fans but if casual general sales purchasers can choose between Leicester on a Sunday and Arsenal on a Saturday I am confident in my prediction of many of them choosing the latter. Let’s see.

Jul 7, 2003
I presume you are going to put them back on sale via the club? otherwise it's a lot of money to chuck away and those 3 seats might be the coordination point that gets the NS to all sing the same song at the same time...

Won't make any difference if the Ticket Exchange isn't going to be open.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's the sort of information the club probably won't release but I'm curious how many tickets are getting listed on the exchange for these first few games of the season. Easy enough for them to find out I'm sure as it will all be in the ticketing system somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here