Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Try Littlehampton and Brighton:

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2021-09-19#engineering-departure-board

Date:
18 September - 1 October 2021 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Between London Victoria and Littlehampton and between Brighton and Hove / Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central

Major engineering work is taking place between Brighton and Hove, closing some lines.

Network Rail is undertaking work to stabilise the cutting at Hove, to help reduce delays. More information on this work can be found here.

Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September:

Buses will replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Monday 20 September to Friday 1 October:

No direct trains will run between Brighton and Hove. A change of trains will be required at Preston Park to travel between Brighton and stations towards Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central.

Please see here for further details: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/Hove

Check before you travel:

You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner

Although journey planners are showing correctly, your journey may be subject to alteration at short notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please check before your journey.​​​​​​​

Replacement Bus Travel Advice:

For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.

You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.

I take it they must be doing other work as well on the sat and sun otherwise they could still run trains to preston park and change as they are doing in the week ?

Yoda

English & European
I take it they must be doing other work as well on the sat and sun otherwise they could still run trains to preston park and change as they are doing in the week ?

Having been that way for my mothers over the weekend, Lancing level crossing looking at the signs there.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
814 tickets left.

Might not get to the exchange once again.
It won't. So anyone, like me, looking for two seats together in WSU will have to keep their money in their pocket. And two potential STHs of the future can watch on the telly.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It won't. So anyone, like me, looking for two seats together in WSU will have to keep their money in their pocket. And two potential STHs of the future can watch on the telly.

I get your disappointment at not being able to get tickets but don’t understand your final sentence (even tho it’s not on TV)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I get your disappointment at not being able to get tickets but don’t understand your final sentence (even tho it’s not on TV)
The two currently armchair Albion fans are potential STHs of the future but they need to get some decent experiences of The Amex first (not low down near the away fans in a different stand to family and friends...).

ST Exchange opening up earlier is a win/win with more choice of tickets available to get more people in the stadium and also with the option to sell being an encouragement to wavering STHs when considering renewal.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The two currently armchair Albion fans are potential STHs of the future but they need to get some decent experiences of The Amex first (not low down near the away fans in a different stand to family and friends...).

ST Exchange opening up earlier is a win/win with more choice of tickets available to get more people in the stadium and also with the option to sell being an encouragement to wavering STHs when considering renewal.

I was by the away end for the last Palace home match and I found them most entertaining. Admittedly it was only funny because they are so tragic in their idea of 'support' for their team! ???

Edit to add that the view from the lower is as good as the upper, even in row A.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Only on a dodgy stream, assuming we are still talking about the Leicester game?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was planning to head for the racecourse park and ride from Burgess Hill as I think there are more spaces then at Mill Road and the bus trip is shorter but……I’m going to get caught by the bike ride even if I head down the A23 and come around Preston Circus as I’ll still need to get across the Lewes Road which is on the bike ride route? Am I correct?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was planning to head for the racecourse park and ride from Burgess Hill as I think there are more spaces then at Mill Road and the bus trip is shorter but……I’m going to get caught by the bike ride even if I head down the A23 and come around Preston Circus as I’ll still need to get across the Lewes Road which is on the bike ride route? Am I correct?

Go down the 23, along the 27 and the up to Woodingdean and on to the racecourse……..avoids the L2B route.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I was by the away end for the last Palace home match and I found them most entertaining. Admittedly it was only funny because they are so tragic in their idea of 'support' for their team! ???

Edit to add that the view from the lower is as good as the upper, even in row A.

The view may be as good but it will certainly be different . Personally i like to sit up high to get an overall view of the entire pitch while others will like to be close to feel part of the action and hear the players voices .
I think that a good point is being made about the opening of the exchange and wonder on what games it will open this season ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
First live game in 2 years, were loose obviously.

Going with a couple of long time ST mates so will clearly be able to dissect why we are so rubbish despite being 6th.

Pie will be too cold/too hot.

Harveys will be flat.

Basically back to a close version of normality...:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here