Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
People are always threatening to leave if they don’t get their own way. It’s not much of a threat. The accusation of greed can be leveled the other way at people who want something for nothing. 8 % per season don’t renew for a variety of reasons. The club will live with it

Please answer .Do you honestly think it is nice of club to give me my ST card for free

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Question about the park and ride, I presume this could fill up fast at Devils dyke and the racecourse due to issues with parking and trains? Might have to leave extra early to get a space!

There isn't a park and ride at Devi's Dyke. Racecourse is usually the last to fill up.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This is the bit I have a problem with. I've never had have an issue with a STH who very occasionally passes their ticket to a friend for the odd game they can't make. But two or more people purposely sharing a ST is, in my view, a complete piss take and has never been the intention of the ST system. If this new scheme isn't "great" for these people gaming the ST system then no sympathy here. I'm surprised anyone would see sharing a ST as a fair or reasonable thing to do.

Actually those that share season tickets like that will probably benefit the most from the new set up!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Please answer .Do you honestly think it is nice of club to give me my ST card for free

I'll say again. I didn't say they'd been "nice" . I said they'd been "flexible and rightly so" for offering varied options to NFC ticket/ mobile resistant season ticket hoilders like yourself and my Dad. Is that ok ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
IMG_A4BDE2CC9178-1.jpeg

it gets worse; A27 Shoreham flyover has works that weekend too! Anyone coming from the west is going to have a very crap journey.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Who knows ? I suppose so, yes, because you want something not generally available. If I were you I certainly wouldn’t be complaining about being given something as an exception. The club are doing their best to placate your grievances and yet you are still unhappy. They won’t shed any tears if you don’t renew I guess.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Who knows ? I suppose so, yes, because you want something not generally available. If I were you I certainly wouldn’t be complaining about being given something as an exception. The club are doing their best to placate your grievances and yet you are still unhappy. They won’t shed any tears if you don’t renew I guess.

I am not complaining about been given a card. I just pointed out you mentioned this card was free. I am just saying why on earth should this not be free.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have just read in detail Paul Barbers email.
Mentions you do not understand reason for changes and benefit brings to majority. Think we are clear it is to increase income. Appreciate share scheme is very good to those who want to share cost or cant go to all games. People may think I am wrong but majority that miss only few games thinks it is a bad scheme
Transferring tickets is against clubs terms and conditions. Easy to change
Again mentions STs are substantially discounted. Of course it is. Any organisation selling 19 events would do the same.
No shows Said same as other early season games. Sorry but that is not the case. I have never seen so many empty seats.
Travel subsidy. Quotes this time and time again as if doing supporters a favour. Also Chelsea and Spurs dont. (dont need to easy to access)They have no option. Great ground but hard to get to. Can you imagine how many would turn up if had to rely on public transport. Interesting looking at queues at Bton and other stations.
Chelsea and Spurs allowed to transfer ST because they pay more Ridiculous to compare us to these and other huge clubs in any respect. Would be better to offer a comparison with Palace,Norwich,Southampton etc
Would be short sighted to allow transfers without recording details. Sure we all agree and would happy to pass over contact details.
To sum up cannot see anything that justifies this scheme. Would have thought he could have at least said paying £45 if you miss one game was unreasonable

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I have just read in detail Paul Barbers email ... To sum up cannot see anything that justifies this scheme. Would have thought he could have at least said paying £45 if you miss one game was unreasonable

So ST holders pay a 'surcharge' of just £1.05 a match spread over the season for the facility to pass on their ST to someone else if they can't make a game. To me that sounds extremely reasonable.

So other people can take advantage of taking one of these tickets off a ST holder who can't make the game for just £25 for a Premier League game, that's bloody good value. Of course that's just £12.50 a game if they get to go twice, unbelievable value!

If people stop whining and stood back and looked at reasonably they'd see the scheme is a good one and offers good value to both the ST holder and the person whose getting the ticket.

But of course those that are moaning will continue to moan if other people's comments don't match their own blinkered views, that's life!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Don’t disagree with that. I think a sensible solution would be to let people pass on the ticket for up to 6 games to someone else with a fan number - then this doesn’t happen!

Reasonable.

Or perhaps to Albion+ members. Because if the guest is not preparred to give the club £25 for a ticket (potentially several over a season), they're probably not even Albion fans.

Let's face it, it's the £20 which is the problem - there's no incentive for the STHer to pay it. And a guest won't want to pay all £45, hence all the whinging.

The club could easily backtrack on the £20 this season. Wouldn't be too many fefunds. And they'd collect loads of £25 payments...

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Let's face it, it's the £20 which is the problem - there's no incentive for the STHer to pay it. And a guest won't want to pay all £45, hence all the whinging.

The club could easily backtrack on the £20 this season. Wouldn't be too many fefunds. And they'd collect loads of £25 payments...

I don't know why you think this based on about twenty moaners on NSC when at least two thousand ST holders have been more than happy to pay the £20, as confirmed by PB in his Everton programme notes

"... enhanced this season by the option of being able to add friends and family to a designated season ticket transfer list, subject to them being MyAlbion+ members – a facility already used by thousands of fans."

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't know why you think this based on about twenty moaners on NSC when at least two thousand ST holders have been more than happy to pay the £20, as confirmed by PB in his Everton programme notes

"... enhanced this season by the option of being able to add friends and family to a designated season ticket transfer list, subject to them being MyAlbion+ members – a facility already used by thousands of fans."

Ah, fair enough. Fact remains, the system is great for those sharing a STH regularly, but poor for those looking to share occasionally (and especially poor for those who pay for more than one ticket).

EDIT: Actually, that's pretty mad if 2000+ paid to share their season ticket before the second match, given many thousands of fans didn't go and blatently didn't share. If nothing else, all this is giving the club a good picture of what our fanbase actually looks like.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So ST holders pay a 'surcharge' of just £1.05 a match spread over the season for the facility to pass on their ST to someone else if they can't make a game. To me that sounds extremely reasonable.

I would agree it’s reasonable if the person or persons the ST is being passed on is going to reimburse the holder.
If one non ST uses the ticket 4 times they give the ST holder £20.
I’ve seen a few posts on this thread by ST holders saying they are happy to pay 20 notes on top of their ST money, ok if they don’t end up out of pocket :)

Probably stating the obvious above, but I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone mention that the person using the ST is going to reimburse the ST holder.

I’m planning to go to every home game this season and won’t be paying the £20 for this reason.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ah, fair enough. Fact remains, the system is great for those sharing a STH regularly, but poor for those looking to share occasionally (and especially poor for those who pay for more than one ticket).

EDIT: Actually, that's pretty mad if 2000+ paid to share their season ticket before the second match, given many thousands of fans didn't go and blatently didn't share. If nothing else, all this is giving the club a good picture of what our fanbase actually looks like.

Thousands shared and thousands didn’t share ? Net result little change in actual attendance compared to previous Augusts, perhaps because those sharing would otherwise have left their seats empty and those not sharing would otherwise have given/sold their tickets to mates. The complaining on here is driven by people who don’t understand that many people like this scheme because they want a legal way to share their ST. In hindsight the club could have avoided the moaning about it by unfreezing ST prices to recoup the same cost from everybody and not charging the 20 quid. Perhaps they will do that next time they have an idea like this, to save the earache.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

….but they’re not all ‘more than happy’. I’ve paid it, because I might use it……..but I don’t think there are enough options for preventing swathes of empty seats.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thousands shared and thousands didn’t share ? Net result little change in actual attendance compared to previous Augusts, perhaps because those sharing would otherwise have left their seats empty and those not sharing would otherwise have given/sold their tickets to mates. The complaining on here is driven by people who don’t understand that many people like this scheme because they want a legal way to share their ST. In hindsight the club could have avoided the moaning about it by unfreezing ST prices to recoup the same cost from everybody and not charging the 20 quid. Perhaps they will do that next time they have an idea like this, to save the earache.

For your info those complaining think the scheme is very good for people that want to share cost or cant go on a regular basis. However as an extreme example anybody who misses just one game the additional cost for that game is £45 making the total cost of seat for that game about £85.
All we are after is club to look differently at people who miss odd game to those that want to share on a regular basis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here