Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds are utter scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
WATFORD O said:
Cos its always the same from Leeds fans and I was apalled by what I heard.

Always the same from the Thieves as well. It's also always the same from Man Utd themselves - "where's your revie gone" when the Don passed on and their Istanbul Reds banner.

No one likes Leeds, you only have to read around on our teams boards to see that - people on here are always calling us names etc, people hated us before the silence was interrupted, people will carry on hating us after it. *shrug*

I remember everyone being up in arms about the town full of bombers chant at Hull/QPR not so long ago, Millwall sang that to us yesterday yet no mention.

And to the other poster - I didn't boo, I'm of the opinion that if people want to respect the waster with a silence they can - I chose not to so turned my back (as did the whole of the two blocks on our side)

I cannot understand how people think it is so important for them to be openly disrespectful of someone who has just died. Many, many people are saddened by george best's death and they just wanted to pay their respects with a moments contemplation.

I accept that there is also a large body of opinion that feels differently, and people are entitled to their view, but why is it so so important to them to actively ruin a minutes silence for those who do want to respect it. People who do that are small and petty people in my opinion, at the risk of sounding like my mum, good manners cost nothing.

I agree that here has been a devaluing of the minutes silence over the last few years, but george best death was a loss to the world of football. The best player ever produced by these islands and I think it is appropriate that the sport mourns his passing.

He was responsible for his own death, he knew it was his fault. He had personal failings as a man and he has paid the ulitmate price, the man is dead, what more do his detractors want.

If you can't keep quiet for sixty seconds it say a lot more about you than it does about George best.

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
I cannot understand how people think it is so important for them to be openly disrespectful of someone who has just died. Many, many people are saddened by george best's death and they just wanted to pay their respects with a moments contemplation.

I accept that there is also a large body of opinion that feels differently, and people are entitled to their view, but why is it so so important to them to actively ruin a minutes silence for those who do want to respect it. People who do that are small and petty people in my opinion, at the risk of sounding like my mum, good manners cost nothing.

I agree that here has been a devaluing of the minutes silence over the last few years, but george best death was a loss to the world of football. The best player ever produced by these islands and I think it is appropriate that the sport mourns his passing.

He was responsible for his own death, he knew it was his fault. He had personal failings as a man and he has paid the ulitmate price, the man is dead, what more do his detractors want.

If you can't keep quiet for sixty seconds it say a lot more about you than it does about George best.

spot on totally agree with this man 100%....

well said...:clap:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Since the tabloid fuelled national grief surrounding Princess Diana, people, mainly media have jumped onto the 'death' bandwagon for ever more tenious reasons.

Best left his god given talent behind in his mid twenties, and has done, precious little (or even nothing) since.
With all of this alledged (sp) goodwill behind him he could have highlighted 1001 problems, instead of, unintentionally, just 1.

Death & mourning, has in the tabloids eyes, become the new rock & roll, it will get progressively worse & we will eventually find ourselves being asked to mourn the loss of HTV's stand in weather presenter.

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
Starry said:
Always the same from the Thieves as well. It's also always the same from Man Utd themselves - "where's your revie gone" when the Don passed on and their Istanbul Reds banner.

No one likes Leeds, you only have to read around on our teams boards to see that - people on here are always calling us names etc, people hated us before the silence was interrupted, people will carry on hating us after it. *shrug*

I remember everyone being up in arms about the town full of bombers chant at Hull/QPR not so long ago, Millwall sang that to us yesterday yet no mention.

And to the other poster - I didn't boo, I'm of the opinion that if people want to respect the waster with a silence they can - I chose not to so turned my back (as did the whole of the two blocks on our side)

as i posted earlier john charles died the day before you played at old trafford 2 seasons ago but the minutes silence was observed without anybody shouting a thing. fine turn your backs do what you like, but just keep your mouths shut. pondlife

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Like many others I chuckled at the jokes doing the rounds before he died. Like many others I was dismayed that despite being given another chance he continued on his road of self-destruction and I wondered if the organ he was given would have been put to better use by somebody else. Like many, many others I have an intense dislike of ManUre. Combined, this is a recipe for a lot of people, myself included, to be totally disrespectful during the minute's silence.

The mature amongst us (and Withdean observed the silence impeccably-unlike the Palace scum last weekend) managed to remain quiet for a minute. Without a mass show of hatred as you have so proudly told us about. There are times to act like human beings and it's clear you Leeds fans are incapable of that simple act-an act that ensures there will be continued hostilities between Leeds and ManUre. The fact that two stands turned their backs rather than simply remaining quiet speaks volumes.

Just for the record-I observed the minute's silence and chose to remember my late father rather than reflect on Best's life. You people could have done the same thing but you chose the easy option of letting bigotry and hatred gain an even stronger foothold.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
TELF said:
as i posted earlier john charles died the day before you played at old trafford 2 seasons ago but the minutes silence was observed without anybody shouting a thing. fine turn your backs do what you like, but just keep your mouths shut. pondlife

But they were playing us that day, we weren't playing them yesterday. There was no national minute silence for The Gentle Giant.

They sang where's your Revie gone when the Don passed on so they are hardly ones to take the moral highground.

Last edited:

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
Starry said:
But they were playing us that day, we weren't playing them yesterday. There was no national minute silence for The Gentle Giant.

They sang where's your Revie gone when the Don passed on so they are hardly ones to take the moral highground.

yes we were playing you, so if it was lids vs utd yesterday lids fans would of been silent?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
All smacks of "look at us, we're Leeds, we don't care" doesn't it? Rather than behave like mature adults, they had to draw attention to themselves.

Also, Best was acquitted of the assault charges against his wife/the girl, the only charge that was made was against one of his girlfriends for assaulting him. The police found that they were driven by tabloid-glory rather than any offence actually taking place. He was jailed for assaulting a policeman after being arrested, but as we all know, Leeds can offer some sterling defences against their players when they are arrested for assault, especially when it is four or five against one.

John Oster, Lee Bowyer, Lee Chapman, Alan Smith, Woodgate, Duberry, some of which were openly called liars in court. Some of these were acquitted in strange circumstances - did you turn your back when they ran out on to the pitch to play for you? Did you shite.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:

John Oster, Lee Bowyer, Lee Chapman, Alan Smith, Woodgate, Duberry, some of which were openly called liars in court. Some of these were acquitted in strange circumstances - did you turn your back when they ran out on to the pitch to play for you? Did you shite.

Oster? Never went to court while he was at Leeds.

Smith? What did he do in a court of law?

If you are going to spout drivel, let's at least make it factual, eh.

Why would we turn our backs on them?

>>we're Leeds, we don't care<<

We are Leeds. And guess what, we genuinely don't care. If ever other teams fans are on their moral high ground because a few Leeds fans dared to ruin a wasters silence, well I know which side of the fence I'd rather be on.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
TELF said:
yes we were playing you, so if it was lids vs utd yesterday lids fans would of been silent?

Quite possibly, yes. You never know and thankfully, we won't have another silence for the waster so will never find out.
I noticed you skipped over the "where's your revie gone" comment?

Or perhaps you've forgotten this -

bull.jpg

Just a few weeks after Kev and Chris died. Let's not pretend your lot are anymore innocent than us. The shit is flung from both sides.

Last edited:

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
Starry said:
Quite possibly, yes. You never know and thankfully, we won't have another silence for the waster so will never find out.
I noticed you skipped over the "where's your revie gone" comment?

Or perhaps you've forgotten this -

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XgCPAr4bnPKSEUk5z04UQXmz7Q*NCUb0cZ!DCTebNFWghMucL8RAqdz76NiyQgZ!f1ouF44t5akCbf7BmDLpATWeNdIP4iRTi9a499D80KAJib7B50cpO0v1CzX4oMchGJLsSAiLtzI/2001030304570888.jpg?dc=4675473588471778913

Just a few weeks after Kev and Chris died. Let's not pretend your lot are anymore innocent than us. The shit is flung from both sides.

long time ago, things and people have changed and become more civilized since then, or should i say most people. any chance of a link that works, thanks

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
wouldnt condone that myself, i dont suppose that was preceeded with a burst of "always look on the runway for ice" and both arms out by your side?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If people wish to make a lasting tribute to the best player to emerge from the UK, then they should make the effort to carry a donor card.
I would always keep quiet during a minutes silence out of respect for others in the crowd, who may have stronger feelings for the deceased than I.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
TELF said:
wouldnt condone that myself, i dont suppose that was preceeded with a burst of "always look on the runway for ice" and both arms out by your side?

Actually no, but is was preceded by " Always look out for Turks carry knives" and "Leeds all went to Istanbul and came back two men less, two mess less....the Leeds got knived in Istanbul" etc.

I'm a home and away season ticket holder and don't remember the last time the runway song was sang, aside from at OT when you lot are none to shy in returning the favours.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think it is a bit harsh having a pop at Leeds fans when there has been a lot of stuff posted on here over the last few days that has been just as disrespectful. Just because it has not been heard on the telly etc does not mean it has not been said. Personally if I don't like someone for things they have done whilst they were alive I would keep quiet as a mark of respect rather than flamming the person when they have passed on.

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
Starry said:
Actually no, but is was preceded by " Always look out for Turks carry knives" and "Leeds all went to Istanbul and came back two men less, two mess less....the Leeds got knived in Istanbul" etc.

I'm a home and away season ticket holder and don't remember the last time the runway song was sang, aside from at OT when you lot are none to shy in returning the favours.

my original point really was if we respected john charles, and it would of been all to easy especially as there were 1500 of you in the corner waiting for us not to, you could of just buttoned it for 1 minute yesterday

Starry said:

I can't understand the logic here. Your saying that the people who sang during the minutes silence at Millwall may not have sang if the minutes silence was at Old Trafford? I would have thought that they were more likely to do it at Old Trafford considering it would have been in your friercest rivals own backyard.
I can understand regarding your situation with your little girl why you have little respect for George Best as a person and I think that taking that into account turning your back was the best option for you. I still don't agree with you turing your back but i fully understand why you did it.
Hope your daughter gets better soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This tit-for-tat bollocks between Leeds and Man U fans is almost infantile. Starry - you justify your own disrespect by trotting out examples of Man U fans disrespecting tragedies that have affected Leeds, and yes, no doubt a section of Man U fans do exactly the same when Leeds fans show their contempt of Man U by openly abusing them over Munich etc.

Can't you just show a bit of class and rise above it all ? George Best wasn't a perfect human being, we all know that. But then who is ? He had failings and weaknesses as we all do. But as a footballer, he's thrilled generations of people all over the world. When I showed my 10 year old some of the footage of Best that they've been running on TV this week, he was simply in awe of the skills of the man.

Best was and always will be a footballing legend. How anyone could be a fan of football and at the same time show complete contempt of one of the greatest, most elegant footballers ever to grace the field is beyond me. If you choose to focus on his failings instead of appreciating his genius on a football field, then I think thats pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here