Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds are utter scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Gully said:
Alcoholism is a disease, there is no cure, it is like a cancer eating at the body, people do not choose to get it, like they don't choose to get any other illness. Clearly you have little understanding of the causes of alcoholism or its effects, maybe he did beat his wife, there is a chance that this may have been one of the side effects of his drinking.

Surely it would be better to use the example of George Best to indicate the effects of alcoholism and over indulgence to teach young people what can happen in a worst case scenario, also that it can effect people from all walks of life.

My grandad was an alcoholic, he died in his chair with a bottle of vodka in his hands. I know all to well the effects of alcoholism on a person and a family.

My kids know all about alcoholism because of their great grandfather, they know the effects and I'd like to think they'll know better about over indulging when they are older. Only time will tell. I pay no undue respects to my grandfather either, despite being offered all sorts of help (and there is a 70-80% success rate in beating alcoholism) he chose not to even try.

Like I said, I have no respect for Best, I keep my respect for those that deserve it. If I can raise my children to realise that despite having a wonderful football talent you are not exempt from criticism in other parts of your life I am happy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oceanic said:
Would all Albion observe a minutes silence if it was a Palace player? :nono:

Come to that, would Orient give a minutes silence for Jimmy Greaves. The answer is how could you tell ? There's so few of them they wouldn't be heard in any case.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Starry said:
My grandad was an alcoholic, he died in his chair with a bottle of vodka in his hands. I know all to well the effects of alcoholism on a person and a family.

My kids know all about alcoholism because of their great grandfather, they know the effects and I'd like to think they'll know better about over indulging when they are older. Only time will tell. I pay no undue respects to my grandfather either, despite being offered all sorts of help (and there is a 70-80% success rate in beating alcoholism) he chose not to even try.

Like I said, I have no respect for Best, I keep my respect for those that deserve it. If I can raise my children to realise that despite having a wonderful football talent you are not exempt from criticism in other parts of your life I am happy.

I tend to agree with that, I speak as one who knows, go figure. The 'alcoholism is a disease' stance is just an excuse. It is curable if you want to. Trouble is many prefer to die in an oblivious state as they're unhappy in the 'real' world.

Gully said:
Fair comment LB, but I think in this case he brought genuine pleasure to millions of people, regardless of the club they followed.
Don't get me wrong. Best is the finest player I've ever seen and I don't go along with those who say he deserves little respect because of his lifestyle... "I spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars, and I squandered the rest"

I just happen not to like mass tributes of the minute's silence kind - an opinion I inherited from my dad who served in the navy during WW2 and lost many friends and comrades who he chose to remember differently.

But I understand that other people want to show respect in this way. So I respect their wishes by remaining silent.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
TELF said:
I was at old trafford 2 seasons ago when utd played leeds. the day before John Charles had died and there was a minutes silence, you could of heard a pin drop and there was not a single shout from anyone. leeds fans im afraid are a bunch of tossers

Coming back to this since I can now type with two hands.

That was a game when we were playing them. Todays game bore no relation to Best, he never played for Millwall or Leeds.

Man Utd might have kept quiet when the Gentle Giant passed on, but let's not forget the whole of OT singing where's your Revie gone when The Don passed on.

>>u have to draw a line on the rivalry....<<

There are no holes barred in our rivalry on BOTH sides. Neither of us are any more innocent than the other, let's not forget them coming to ER just weeks after Chris and Kev died with their banner.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
best was a Man Utd legend and nothing else, he wasn't even Eglish. Do we do the same for the next one who croaks.

alcoholism a disease? Shit I'd thought I'd herd the last of that crap.

Take f***ing responsibility! Thats what people who actually quit drink do.:angry:

Alcoholism is curable. You can have a stone inserted into your stomach, you drink and you'll be violently sick. If you had a second chance then that alone would be a deterrent.

The only things that aren't curable are as we all know are Cancer and Aides.

Some Cancer is curable if detected early enough but sometimes catching it early doesn't mean you'll be able to cure it like my mum found out. She got breast cancer, the doctors f***ed up, They said the lump wasn't cancerous but in actual fact it was, when they finally diagnosed her with breast cancer it was to late, it had spread to her lungs.

Alcoholism is curable, it's not a decease, it's lack of will power.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Starry, do you or your children own replica shirts?

You are sponsored by Whyte and Mackay, a major whisky producer.

Do you not see some imbalance with your views on alcoholism and your active promotion of alcohol?

The official Leeds website promotes Whyte and Mackay, Carlsberg, Bet24...drinking and gambling all in one easy website!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:
Starry, do you or your children own replica shirts?

You are sponsored by Whyte and Mackay, a major whisky producer.

Do you not see some imbalance with your views on alcoholism and your active promotion of alcohol?

The official Leeds website promotes Whyte and Mackay, Carlsberg, Bet24...drinking and gambling all in one easy website!

No I don't own a replica shirt and the childrens shirts have the advertising removed them, that's how they are sold in the shop.

I just chose not to have any respect for a waster, who made no effort to right his wrongs.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Starry said:
Oh I was there, I don't doubt Leeds ruined the silence, it didn't really ever begin. They were singing would you like another stella... before the ref blew and didn't stop.

I chose not to respect the silence and me and my kids and many, many others turned our backs on the pitch. Not all of us sang through it.

you, your wife and kids are all c u n t s of the highest order.

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I just prey our fans behave themselves today at the minutes silence/clap.

It's ironic that WHU played Forest around this time last year....a few days after Cloughie (another alchoholic !!!) died and today we play man yoo.

I was at the first game at the Boleyn after Bobby Moore died and boy that was a sad occasion.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lord Bracknell said:
Don't get me wrong. Best is the finest player I've ever seen and I don't go along with those who say he deserves little respect because of his lifestyle... "I spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars, and I squandered the rest"

I just happen not to like mass tributes of the minute's silence kind - an opinion I inherited from my dad who served in the navy during WW2 and lost many friends and comrades who he chose to remember differently.

But I understand that other people want to show respect in this way. So I respect their wishes by remaining silent.

I don't object to Best's life style as such it's just a shame that a liver was given to him and it does seem that akk it did was prolong his life and allowed him to continue as he did. I could be wrong but judging by one or two reports in the tabloids he didn't stop drinking. That liver could have gone to someone who would have made better use of it.

The guy was entitled to live life as he did (and let's face it many blokes would love to have had the same oppotunities) but at the end of the day it was a waste of a life.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
WATFORD O said:
you, your wife and kids are all c u n t s of the highest order.

Why because we chose not to respect a wife beating waster? If that makes me a c*unt, then I'm a c*unt and proud.

Signed, C*unt of the highest order.

PS I am the wife and my husband is to mature to lower himself to playground name calling but I'll pass on your kind regards.

Last edited:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Starry said:
Why because we chose not to respect a wife beating waster? If that makes me a c*unt, then I'm a c*unt and proud.

Signed, C*unt of the highest order.

No cause you choose to cast the first stone when 99.9% of people were prepared see his good side over his bad on the day after his death. You only did it becuase he was ex Man U and you cant see beyond that fact. . Now shut it you cu nt and go rape your daughter or whatever it is you do in your frozen northern hovel.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
WATFORD O said:
No cause you choose to cast the first stone when 99.9% of people were prepared see his good side over his bad on the day after his death. You only did it becuase he was ex Man U and you cant see beyond that fact. . Now shut it you cu nt and go rape your daughter or whatever it is you do in your frozen northern hovel.

Classy.

I actually live in Hampshire and since you mention hovels, we have an indoor heated pool don't get many of them in hovels ;-)

Raping my daughter isn't going to happen, she's barely conscious because of the cocktail of meds she has to take because she hasn't had a chance like Best. But thanks for that.

I can see beyond the fact he is ex-Man Utd, I can also see the fact that he was a wonderfully talented footballer, I can also see that he beat his wife, I can also see that he rolled around drunk and ruined his own liver, I can also see he took a second liver and had no intention of fixing his wrongs. Why I should I respect him? Give me a break. I'll save my sympathy for those that deserve. Like my little girl. Who is dying. If we celebrate christmas with her this year we are going to need a miracle. She desperatly needs a liver. Now tell me why the f*** I should respect a waster who drank something so so precious away.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Starry said:
Classy.

I actually live in Hampshire and since you mention hovels, we have an indoor heated pool don't get many of them in hovels ;-)

Raping my daughter isn't going to happen, she's barely conscious because of the cocktail of meds she has to take because she hasn't had a chance like Best. But thanks for that.

I can see beyond the fact he is ex-Man Utd, I can also see the fact that he was a wonderfully talented footballer, I can also see that he beat his wife, I can also see that he rolled around drunk and ruined his own liver, I can also see he took a second liver and had no intention of fixing his wrongs. Why I should I respect him? Give me a break. I'll save my sympathy for those that deserve. Like my little girl. Who is dying. If we celebrate christmas with her this year we are going to need a miracle. She desperatly needs a liver. Now tell me why the f*** I should respect a waster who drank something so so precious away.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter but that gives you no high ground on this argument. He is ex man U and thats al that counts wih your mob.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
WATFORD O said:
I am sorry to hear about your daughter but that gives you no high ground on this argument. He is ex man U and thats al that counts wih your mob.

Not at all. Best deserves none of my respect, I had none for him while he was alive and I am certainly not going to be a hypocrit and afford him any because he has passed on.

The media hate us and obviously the Thieves aren't getting so much press as us but they ruined the silence as well, why the hard on for Leeds from you?

Edit - Thanks about my little girl .

Last edited:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Starry said:
Not at all. Best deserves none of my respect, I had none for him while he was alive and I am certainly not going to be a hypocrit and afford him any because he has passed on.

The media hate us and obviously the Thieves aren't getting so much press as us but they ruined the silence as well, why the hard on for Leeds from you?

Edit - Thanks about my little girl .

Cos its always the same from Leeds fans and I was apalled by what I heard.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
i find some of this a bit wrong...

george best did wrong...

he made mistakes....

he had a serious drinking problem...

i agree he wasted his life and abused it far more than he should have...

but to go out of your way to openly boo him is going to far....

if people don't like the bloke fair enough but i do not feel there are needs to go out of peoples way to actually boo a human being who has died...

some people take things to far...

many people do wrong....

(cue an ear bashing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here